Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post
    I got no issues with them giving a discount to the other fan bases. This is how we grow our Season Seat Holder base. It would be also cool if they offered Argos Season Seat Holders 25% off Marlies season tickets for example.
    I'd like this as well, and I plan to call both teams on Monday.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Again - I’m not against the discount so long as all STH who hold tickets for the two teams are treated the same, it’s the disparity of giving 25% off to someone who has ST for both only now, while I am not offered the same discount for holding ST to both for 2018 (and for prior years too).....frankly if anyone should pay less it’s existing STH over time who should be rewarded for sticking around (TFC does this) — if I had ST for 10+ years in a row (I haven’t), I would think discounting that persons seats would be a nice gesture for long term loyalty.....maybe 5 years gets 5% off, 10 years 10% off etc.....offer exclusive meet and greets....do something to reward long time holders or incentivize people to stay through the good times and the bad....

Offering discounts on ST to newbies at the expense of alienating your core base is simply wrong....and frankly is why we were told that discounted seats (or comp seats with ST), would no longer be offered.....last year the “Groupon” defense was that it wasn’t for all the games, or you didn’t get the ST perks, or the seats would be different for every game etc. —- well now it’s exactly the same as buying ST at a 25% discount for some and not others - others have said “well it costs $1000s to get the discount” — not necessarily - some TFC season seats are in the $350 range (if you’re a long time ST holder) —- what of us who have spent that money on other ST already?! It doesn’t exactly incentivize me to renew early (or at all) when I’m clearly better off waiting and seeing what perks/discounts may come my way....early renewals should be rewarded not punished....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    MLSE just took over the team in 2018, so why would there be a discount in prior years ?

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    MLSE just took over the team in 2018, so why would there be a discount in prior years ?
    Obviously I understand that this wouldn’t exist in previous years but I was just referring to the fact of rewarding STH for the time they put in with the Argos and/or if they had pre-existing (and as of now present) ST for another MLSE property the discount should be applied to their Argos ST as well for 2018....like bundling services where a discount is given if you get Cable (cable, what’s that? says the youngsters - ha ha), Internet, Cell phone coverage, you get a discount applied the more you buy MLSE products...

I get brand synergy and using one team to sell another but if one group of Argos and TFC holders pays one price (with a 25% discount) and another group of Argos and TFC holders are not given the same discount - it seems like a wrong distinction to make and in my opinion (only an opinion), if any differentiation should ever be made it would be to reward long time commitment over short term quick fix....especially after we were told that discounting wouldn’t be done because of that very reason — “ if people think they can get it cheap they won’t pay full price later” - and now that’s exactly what they’re doing —- obviously as a TFC STH I clearly would have been better off not renewing early and negotiating a discounted rate to take the Argos tickets again —— again, early renewals should be rewarded (with discounts? - I mean they are holding my money for extra months!) at the least, and not punished by missing out on potential deals later by holding out...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Not offended by this, I don't know if quid pro quo is right word here but the sales team isn't sitting on their hands at least.

If MLSE reciprocated this offer to me for the Marlies then I'd consider it if the price were right. I used to dump on AHL hockey, but the Marlies are a great team and the games are fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I agree about the Marlies; not that I dumped on the AHL, but they've been enjoyable to watch, and I'm contemplating getting seasons.
    I'll take your word(s) for it gentlemen, but I will stick to paying just over $20 per game with free parking and continue to support the Mississauga Steelheads and their young athletes.
    Love junior hockey.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    I'll take your word(s) for it gentlemen, but I will stick to paying just over $20 per game with free parking and continue to support the Mississauga Steelheads and their young athletes.
    Love junior hockey.
    I haven't supported an OHL team since that idiot Melnyk sold my Icedogs to Niagara. I still to this day don't understand why he didn't sell the Majors to the Bill & Denise Burke (Niagara) instead. Although I still watch OHL hockey from time to time and the Mem Cup.

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Here's what their latest promo looks like

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    ^ So for basically two of the more "valuable" games of the year (I would suggest these and maybe the Hamilton post-labour day game on Sept 8 (maybe Sask as well) as the likely "highest traffic" games (Thursday night Ottawa and EDM/Wpg aren't likely big draws) - you can buy Gold Seats in 107/108 near mid-field for $20 which are better than my Blue ST seats near the goal-line that also cost me about $20 per (10 games for $204) as well.....am I missing something here as a ST? am I supposed to be happy that someone can spend the same money as me and get way better seats than I have now for two of the hottest games of the year (Home Opener and the Ex game).....I thought this kind of stuff (heavily discounted tickets) was not going to happen anymore......(a TravelZoo smaller discount is also being offered as well - the $204 seats are being sold at $22 each all in so almost the same price as STH)....
    Last edited by Argos1983; 06-14-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'd like to see an Annual Bobble Head game.

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is a one day only flash sale. Nothing worth getting our knickers in a knot.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:

Level
    and that is the exact reason we didnt renew our season tickets .I was waiting until game day to go on stub hub ... looks like I didn't need to -20 buck tickets were just purchased in a better area than my old STH I used to pay 35 for ha

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    and that is the exact reason we didnt renew our season tickets .I was waiting until game day to go on stub hub ... looks like I didn't need to -20 buck tickets were just purchased in a better area than my old STH I used to pay 35 for ha
    ....and that's why I likely won't renew again next year unless things change, and the reason I gripe about this stuff (it's not the the overall cost which is rather nominal where I sit), it's the fact that you are training your customers to shy away from buying ST by doing this kind of discounting shenanigans.......it just makes me feel like a sucker for buying ST (never mind renewing early), and that's kind of a bad way to make your "most valued customers" feel.....

.....frankly speaking, they won a GC this past season and this discounting stuff on tickets is still quite prevalent already (we won't "pad the numbers" with heavily discounted seats we were told) and this season hasn't even begun yet (!), so in some sense unless they win the GC again (and even then - 96-97 didn't move the needle that much and those were "all-time" teams), there is nowhere to go but down in terms of "off-season buzz" to buy seats in 2019 - why would the demand go up exponentially next year to buy ST?.....customers want to feel valued for their investment, especially when they know demand is not that high and they are supporting the product (through some sense of loyalty I would suggest) through the "lean" years.....

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    This is a one day only flash sale. Nothing worth getting our knickers in a knot.
    Apparently in their PDF that someone posted on RFD:

Q: My friends and family are interested, but can't attend the 2 games that are available. Is the offer eligible for other Argos games?
    A: YES! For the one day only, this offer can be used for any game, however our main goals are to sell out the Home Opener and CNE game. If you have someone looking to buy a different game, work with the dedicated sales rep on your floor to fill out an order form manually.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    Apparently in their PDF that someone posted on RFD:

Q: My friends and family are interested, but can't attend the 2 games that are available. Is the offer eligible for other Argos games?
    A: YES! For the one day only, this offer can be used for any game, however our main goals are to sell out the Home Opener and CNE game. If you have someone looking to buy a different game, work with the dedicated sales rep on your floor to fill out an order form manually.
    .....Geez.....could I have bought all 9 games like this now?! (my knickers aren't in a knot but they are bunching up considerably - ha ha ha).....

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    .....Geez.....could I have bought all 9 games like this now?! (my knickers aren't in a knot but they are bunching up considerably - ha ha ha).....
    If you bought today, yes.

Just spoke with a rep on the phone, they aren't doing anything for ST holders to compensate.... apparently my tickets are sitting in purolator warehouse for pickup

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    If you bought today, yes.

Just spoke with a rep on the phone, they aren't doing anything for ST holders to compensate.... apparently my tickets are sitting in purolator warehouse for pickup
    This is nuts ----

So if you paid for Gold Season seats at $408 each you could have paid less than half that amount today at $180 each instead (9 x $20), and had an extra $228 per ticket to pay for the "missing" playoff ticket and the 15% discount card (and a few coupons) which you may or may not use --- I think I would have taken that deal of an extra $200+ per seat in my pocket thanks....

Platinum seats were $561 regularly and with the discount of $30 x 9 games it would be $270 per seat so an extra $291 (!!) per seat in the customers pocket and in exchange you would have to pay for a playoff game and lose a 15% discount card (and a few coupons).....gee I wonder which one people would take if given the choice beforehand.....

I guess if I'm the only one that finds this troubling (and yes my knickers are in a knot now....ha ha ha) than the Argos are right to keep doing this stuff to STH.....

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    The Raptors use to sell staff season tickets at 2 for 1. Every company has perks for working with them. I can fly porter for 35 bucks for example and so can my family.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    It’s only for 2 games
    Not according to the PDF circulated internally at MLSE

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    Just noticed that so edited my post

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    The Raptors use to sell staff season tickets at 2 for 1. Every company has perks for working with them. I can fly porter for 35 bucks for example and so can my family.
    I understand that, but for today this is clearly being offered to the public at large now (it's not exclusive to employees).....which means anyone could have received a way better deal on seats today buying this way as opposed to buying ST beforehand which we as loyal customers were encouraged to do as that was going be the "best deal" (the team should never sell seats individually (50+% off!!)/collectively (now 25% off ST to some customers) for below what the ST pays as that undercuts the main value proposition in buying seasons seats to begin with --this is heavy discounting before the season has even started!!).....we were told that season ticket prices would not be undercut going forward (no padding of the building with cheap seats)....we heard this repeatedly last year from the FO......and now this......