Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Awesome. You are in the neighborhood of myself, gilthethrill and Argo57 (although we are in 227 and 226 respectively--but close enough). We have to make a point of saying hello at some point.
    Thanks! In that case, I'm seat 1, wife will likely be seat 2, LOL. Even though I attend games every year, feels good to be back and part of the fam.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I officially renewed. A bit slow but no doubt i'd be back. Just didn't see a rush until they threatened my seats would be given up LOL. Somewhere up by 227 or 226. I never know the actual section, I just know where the seats are.
    I've been watching the map for a few weeks. My purchase (isle seats) and the two next to us appeared available last night. I wonder if holders are starting to lose their seats? Got exactly what I was looking for, couldn't be happier.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Thanks! In that case, I'm seat 1, wife will likely be seat 2, LOL. Even though I attend games every year, feels good to be back and part of the fam.

I've been watching the map for a few weeks. My purchase (isle seats) and the two next to us appeared available last night. I wonder if holders are starting to lose their seats? Got exactly what I was looking for, couldn't be happier.
    Look forward to seeing/meeting everyone when football and nice weather returns!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    done!

lmfao!!
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    There is another new ST holder on the forum who goes by the name saugonaut ...sits up behind us. He has shown an interest in meeting up too. Although that could easily change before the season starts.😂
    I don't know why, but I think you are pre blaming me if something happens. LOL!!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Has there been any recent update on how season ticket sales are looking?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos4Life View Post
    Has there been any recent update on how season ticket sales are looking?
    Last I heard was around 4200. I can't see it being much higher because there has been no marketing of the team whatsoever. They really need to advertise the new price points.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Last I heard was around 4200. I can't see it being much higher because there has been no marketing of the team whatsoever. They really need to advertise the new price points.
    The 4200 was mentioned when the price reduction was announced. If what you heard was recent then there has been virtually no movement since that point...well at least one more as we have increased ours!

Banned
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    That always seems to be the answer, more marketing. Yet they marketed the heck out of the Argos the last two season and it didn't make much difference. There was tons of exposure over the $4 beers, the Shipyard parties, the ads everywhere, the TV ads with the Argos running through the Princes gates, the Flutie bobbleheads and the ticket specials.
    I don't think more advertising/marketing would do any good. If you like football and the CFL you are going to go on-line and get the information and buy tickets.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    While 4200 is disappointing there is still time for it to improve. Pre season starts in 2 weeks and the regular season in a month from today. Now is the time for an advertising blitz!

What was the total last year?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Someone (Bill Manning or a proxy - Pinball) from the organization should go on every Bell/Rogers radio station to discuss the new price points and the coming season. Every other T.O. sports team is either out of the playoff picture or having mediocre seasons (BJs and TFC). That will generate if nothing else additional single seat sales and probably more season seat sales as well.

An advertising campaign wouldn't hurt either. The Argos are out of sight out of mind. People here do need to be reminded of the team and when they play and now how inexpensive it is to go watch a champion.

Have at the ready the game day experience to share with the media outlets.

Hopefully the sports radio stations will begin regular programming around the team this year.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutie View Post
    That always seems to be the answer, more marketing. Yet they marketed the heck out of the Argos the last two season and it didn't make much difference. There was tons of exposure over the $4 beers, the Shipyard parties, the ads everywhere, the TV ads with the Argos running through the Princes gates, the Flutie bobbleheads and the ticket specials.
    I don't think more advertising/marketing would do any good. If you like football and the CFL you are going to go on-line and get the information and buy tickets.
    If they put as much effort into the Argos as they do your awful TFC, you'll see improvement. If people buy into that below 10th rate soccer league they'll buy into the second best football league in the world.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutie View Post
    You don't think they should have advertised the hell out of a 20-50% price drop in tickets? As far as I know, the only people that have been informed of this are current season ticket holders. If it was made public, I really believe people that think the tickets were overpriced may have bought season tickets. Even if it was a modest number like 1,000 more ST's sold, we're talking a more than 20% increase right there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Someone (Bill Manning or a proxy - Pinball) from the organization should go on every Bell/Rogers radio station to discuss the new price points and the coming season.
    They did this with James Wilder prior to the playoff game last year. The huge crowd I believe was a result of that. Awareness.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    You would think that "Flutie" would know that the big ticket sale for the Flutie game paid dividends with very good sales in the upper deck seats from families. It was quoted that "the prices were too good to refuse"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    You don't think they should have advertised the hell out of a 20-50% price drop in tickets? As far as I know, the only people that have been informed of this are current season ticket holders. If it was made public, I really believe people that think the tickets were overpriced may have bought season tickets. Even if it was a modest number like 1,000 more ST's sold, we're talking a more than 20% increase right there.
    If they are going to start a marketing blitz, we should see it roll out any day now. With the Leafs and Raptors eliminated and the Jays and TFC struggling, the time is now for the Argos to capture the imagination of Toronto sports fans.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    I was looking at the seat map on Ticketmaster today as it looks like single game tickets are on sale.

They are definitely showing less inventory this year however the club section and sections 124 through 126 and 121 are already greyed out (singles only) for the home opener. These being on the lower west side traditionally sell better.

There is still some season ticket inventory for these sections on the website but if there was still online availability for singles, wouldn't they put isolated 2s, 4s etc...out there.... similar to the east side and corners. The club section and 124 are greyed out for most games for this season already.

Are these areas virtually sold out already? If so then it bodes well as they were all 'regular shade' blue when singles were released at this time last year.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    They need to promote this on the Sportsnet side, they're won't be anything new under the sun from TSN as they're been carrying the whole league on their backs since forever. Should also look at creating more content on their socials, the stuff they have now is actually good, so more please! Mike Hogan's Double Bllue Podcast was excellent last season looking forward to more of that!!!

Also, and most importantly, WE need to do more! Talk it up at work, post picks from the games and whatever tailgating situation they'll be. Bring friens along to the games. I just got a buddy to go to Guelph for the pre-season game and will try to big that up on my Twitter and Insta machines!!

Getting hyped up for this season, let's all have some freakin' fun out there!!!!!

Banned
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I was looking at the seat map on Ticketmaster today as it looks like single game tickets are on sale.

They are definitely showing less inventory this year however the club section and sections 124 through 126 and 121 are already greyed out (singles only) for the home opener. These being on the lower west side traditionally sell better.

There is still some season ticket inventory for these sections on the website but if there was still online availability for singles, wouldn't they put isolated 2s, 4s etc...out there.... similar to the east side and corners. The club section and 124 are greyed out for most games for this season already.

Are these areas virtually sold out already? If so then it bodes well as they were all 'regular shade' blue when singles were released at this time last year.
    I'm buying single game tickets this season because we are living 2 hours north for the summer, got some good deals on the west side lower bowl. Got a call from Dylan at the ticket sales and he said I should've bought tickets through him to save even more money.
    As for the virtual chart on ticket master I wouldn't trust it, that seems to change all the time. Two weeks ago I was reading that someone on another CFL site said that according to the virtual chart, there was only 250 seats available for the opener but yesterday over 1,000.
    Could be that they are trying to sell the lower bowls first on the west and greying out other seats then as lower sections are filled they make upper bowl seats available.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If they are going to start a marketing blitz, we should see it roll out any day now. With the Leafs and Raptors eliminated and the Jays and TFC struggling, the time is now for the Argos to capture the imagination of Toronto sports fans.
    Sean Fitz-Gerald reported in The Athletic that the Argos "will be fielding a new public relations team when camp opens this weekend", whatever that means.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sean Fitz-Gerald reported in The Athletic that the Argos "will be fielding a new public relations team when camp opens this weekend", whatever that means.
    cool any fans that go should ask questions.

If it's open Sunday to fans then I can go, just need a time to be there for, not sure about Monday, got plans.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227