Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Sean Fitz-Gerald reported in The Athletic that the Argos "will be fielding a new public relations team when camp opens this weekend", whatever that means.
    What we already know: 1. the comms person for the past two years (the experienced and responsive Jamie Dykstra) is gone as part of the mgmt shakeup. 2. The new manager of comms and content is Jacob Dearlove, who was already working within MLSE.

I doubt there's any more to this statement than that -- it's now Jacob's show.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

New Fan
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    So just letting you guys know... that the marketing may have worked. I’m a long time NFL/Bills fan and a Bills STH, and because of the Argos price points I bought a pair of seasons this year. Loving the idea of watching live football for six months of the year, and I’m hoping it’s a blast!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Billspreseason View Post
    So just letting you guys know... that the marketing may have worked. I’m a long time NFL/Bills fan and a Bills STH, and because of the Argos price points I bought a pair of seasons this year. Loving the idea of watching live football for six months of the year, and I’m hoping it’s a blast!
    Welcome and enjoy. BMO Field is a great football experience.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Awesome! As a Niagara resident, I also am a Bills fan and attend many games. It's fun to be a fan of both teams and watch football from June to February!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Welcome to the board and as a ST holder. I imagine if they went on a media blitz promoting the new price points at the time they did it, there would be many more like you. I really hope they do it once camp begins, but it would have been great if they did it before single game tickets hit the market.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by bluto View Post
    Enjoy the "no price increase" aspect while you can.

I just felt a disturbance in The Force... like thousands of season ticket holders screaming out at once...
    good one !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    What we already know: 1. the comms person for the past two years (the experienced and responsive Jamie Dykstra) is gone as part of the mgmt shakeup. 2. The new manager of comms and content is Jacob Dearlove, who was already working within MLSE.

I doubt there's any more to this statement than that -- it's now Jacob's show.
    I was wrong about this -- Dearlove has just left the Argos for Sportsnet. He's still listed on Argo website (not surprisingly since it's not exactly teeming with fresh info) so I don't know who is handling Argo comms now.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I was wrong about this -- Dearlove has just left the Argos for Sportsnet. He's still listed on Argo website (not surprisingly since it's not exactly teeming with fresh info) so I don't know who is handling Argo comms now.
    Probably you AND the Argos don't know who is handling comms now Paul.
    I tend to give management some leeway with their operations/ decisions as they have more information than those of us on the outside, but the e-mail switching, the lack of communications generally, and now this, indictate an organization in disarray.

Not impressive.

At least the on-field product looks promising.

Maybe Dearlove has gone to Sportsnet to set up their expanded CFL coverage!
    (One can hope.)

Don
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    Probably you AND the Argos don't know who is handling comms now Paul.
    I tend to give management some leeway with their operations/ decisions as they have more information than those of us on the outside, but the e-mail switching, the lack of communications generally, and now this, indictate an organization in disarray.

Not impressive.

At least the on-field product looks promising.

Maybe Dearlove has gone to Sportsnet to set up their expanded CFL coverage!
    (One can hope.)
    I was thinking that with the weather today that the Argos would (as they have in the past) move practice indoors. There was nothing on social media regarding this and I'm curious as to (i) whether the media would be informed and (ii) whether there is someone to inform the media?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Is anyone else here a TFC STH?

I was just sent an email offering 25% off Argos ST?! Why am I renewing at a full price while others who haven’t supported the team as a STH before (only new STH), are getting a pretty substantial discount — why would I renew early again?! No early renewal discount, no discount for being a continuous STH (other CFL teams do this), there are plenty of seats available so no risk I won’t basically get my choice of price point —- next year I’ll just wait it out apparently as that’s what this has taught me, wait for the discount — I thought the whole philosophy was to not offer discounted seats (we were told this from head office - no freebies or bonus seats with STH packages), as that would teach people that they aren’t of value - now you’re offering 25% off full seasons?! This is simply ridiculous.....were Leafs and Raptors STH sent the same offer of discounted ST?

Did they really think an existing STH wouldn’t be pissed when others are offered the same seats at a huge discount? At least TFC has a sliding scale of ST prices based on inception date - long time holders pay less than new subscribers which makes sense as they have committed to the brand long term (loyalty should matter) - I assure you that the newcomers are less likely to stick around when the novelty or results wear off - but hey don’t listen to me the huge Jays decline happened within a year or two of results declining - they will lose close to 1 million in ticket sales this year, is anyone surprised? In this market fans are fickle save for the hockey team.....and if TFC continues their path this year they will lose a huge chunk of STH too, and the only ones who are likely to stay are the long term fans who you treated right all along who may ride out the storm....sound like the Argos right?! (Considered “minor league”, small hard core following etc...)

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    Is anyone else here a TFC STH?

I was just sent an email offering 25% off Argos ST?! Why am I renewing at a full price while others who haven’t supported the team as a STH before (only new STH), are getting a pretty substantial discount — why would I renew early again?! No early renewal discount, no discount for being a continuous STH (other CFL teams do this), there are plenty of seats available so no risk I won’t basically get my choice of price point —- next year I’ll just wait it out apparently as that’s what this has taught me, wait for the discount — I thought the whole philosophy was to not offer discounted seats (we were told this from head office - no freebies or bonus seats with STH packages), as that would teach people that they aren’t of value - now you’re offering 25% off full seasons?! This is simply ridiculous.....were Leafs and Raptors STH sent the same offer of discounted ST?

Did they really think an existing STH wouldn’t be pissed when others are offered the same seats at a huge discount? At least TFC has a sliding scale of ST prices based on inception date - long time holders pay less than new subscribers which makes sense as they have committed to the brand long term (loyalty should matter) - I assure you that the newcomers are less likely to stick around when the novelty or results wear off - but hey don’t listen to me the huge Jays decline happened within a year or two of results declining - they will lose close to 1 million in ticket sales this year, is anyone surprised? In this market fans are fickle save for the hockey team.....and if TFC continues their path this year they will lose a huge chunk of STH too, and the only ones who are likely to stay are the long term fans who you treated right all along who may ride out the storm....sound like the Argos right?! (Considered “minor league”, small hard core following etc...)
    I have also heard of Argo season ticket holders who did not renew early were offered extra incentives this year to entice them to renew by MLSE. In particular, I know that Raptors tickets were offered for free if season tickets were renewed. The Raptor tickets were lower bowl, right before playoffs I believe -- face value of a few hundred dollars each. My extra 'incentive' for being an early bird re-newer (i.e. early in December) -- a chance to win in some draws (which I have never won and probably never will) and a grey cup champion 'print'. I am pretty sure that I will be waiting to renew until closer to the season start next year.

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:

Level
    ^^ I got what you got then.....great....maybe it’s simply better to wait before renewing at all and see what incentives are offered as obviously this kind of stuff is happening - it’s silly, and creates bad-will with your customer base — it’s not like tickets aren’t readily available — I’ll bet the Groupon discounts and other such stuff will quietly make a reappearance too if sales aren’t meeting targets, how many more sections can we close off?!.....I guess time will tell.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    So if I understand correctly. They're offering existing TFC season ticket holders a 25% discount if they purchase Argos STs as well?

The discount seems big but offering an incentive to bundle more than one brand is not out of the ordinary.

I wouldn't be surprised once TFC and the Raptors contention widow ends and demand falls, there will be offers for Argos STHs too. If MLSE owned the Jays, I'm certain we'll already be seeing them.

If someone has already renewed both and are just getting email now, then yes go to your rep and get the additional 25% off.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    If TFC STH's or anybody else, is being offered 25% reduction or other incentives to buy Argo ST's but present STH's are not receiving these offers, it is pretty annoying. Will speak to my rep next week to find out what is happening.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    To get 25% off, you still have to spend quite a good chunk of money being a STH elsewhere (TFC) so I'm personally not too bothered because if I really wanted that discount, I need to spend more to save a little. Its not like anyone can get 25% off. And I do expect more deals like this being apart of MLSE. It's something they have done in the past and even forced Leafs season ticket holders to buy Raptors tickets. I have no issue (still getting a hell of a deal IMO) and hope to see some sales from the promotion. As long as they keep the flares at home. l. And I doubt they would throw in Raptors playoff tickets to a STH who was taking their time to renew.

Don
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Not offended by this, I don't know if quid pro quo is right word here but the sales team isn't sitting on their hands at least.

If MLSE reciprocated this offer to me for the Marlies then I'd consider it if the price were right. I used to dump on AHL hockey, but the Marlies are a great team and the games are fun to watch.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Not offended by this, I don't know if quid pro quo is right word here but the sales team isn't sitting on their hands at least.

If MLSE reciprocated this offer to me for the Marlies then I'd consider it if the price were right. I used to dump on AHL hockey, but the Marlies are a great team and the games are fun to watch.
    I agree about the Marlies; not that I dumped on the AHL, but they've been enjoyable to watch, and I'm contemplating getting seasons.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    To get 25% off, you still have to spend quite a good chunk of money being a STH elsewhere (TFC) so I'm personally not too bothered because if I really wanted that discount, I need to spend more to save a little. Its not like anyone can get 25% off. And I do expect more deals like this being apart of MLSE. It's something they have done in the past and even forced Leafs season ticket holders to buy Raptors tickets. I have no issue (still getting a hell of a deal IMO) and hope to see some sales from the promotion. As long as they keep the flares at home. l. And I doubt they would throw in Raptors playoff tickets to a STH who was taking their time to renew.
    Never said they were playoff tickets. I said that the tickets were for a game right before playoffs started. To clarify, I don't have an issue with cross-promotion among other MLSE teams -- and yes I agree, the 25% off is okay as long as it is only being offered to those who hold season seats to other MLSE-team season ticket holders. Let's face it, Raptor, Leaf, TFC(?) season tickets aren't cheap! Where my issue lies is with the fact that early-bird incentive renewal offers seem to be far less than those incentives that are being given to those who hold out to renew.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Never said they were playoff tickets. I said that the tickets were for a game right before playoffs started. To clarify, I don't have an issue with cross-promotion among other MLSE teams -- and yes I agree, the 25% off is okay as long as it is only being offered to those who hold season seats to other MLSE-team season ticket holders. Let's face it, Raptor, Leaf, TFC(?) season tickets aren't cheap! Where my issue lies is with the fact that early-bird incentive renewal offers seem to be far less than those incentives that are being given to those who hold out to renew.
    FWIW We took our time to renew (laziness more than anything), took a few phone calls, and we got no incentive to do so. No print, no contest, no tickets, nothing.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    I got no issues with them giving a discount to the other fan bases. This is how we grow our Season Seat Holder base. It would be also cool if they offered Argos Season Seat Holders 25% off Marlies season tickets for example.