Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Damien Cox is a jackass. He specifically says don't expect there to be any Argo/CFL talk on this show (PTS) just because we own them. That's not how it works. We have been talking more soccer because there is a legitimate interest level.

What the hell. Argos have interest and viewership and that was amplified during the last 2 months of the season. But in his selective mind interest in the Argos doesn't count.

I hope his bosses tell him. You know what Damien the Argos are GC champs, 20,000 go to BMO Field to watch them and they draw 500,000 viewers on TV. We want you to have meaningful discussion about the goings on of this team on this show. If you don't want to do that don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Damien Cox is a jackass. He specifically says don't expect there to be any Argo/CFL talk on this show (PTS) just because we own them. That's not how it works. We have been talking more soccer because there is a legitimate interest level.
    Don't expect Argos talk, as he talking Argos! He then remarks how a CFL game could be on Sportsnet someday. So owning a Sports and Intellectual Property won't lead to a particular media outlet coverage, but owning them might lead to another media outlet! Talking in circles. Rogers own employees are trying to comprehend today's news, LOL.

590 used to be a great place for Argonauts news. It will gradually improve, that's a guarantee.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 12-13-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    590 used to be a great place for Argonauts news. It will gradually improve, that's a guarantee.
    The last time I remember that, was when Jim Hunt was there. RIP Shakey, you were the best. He was objective at least. Yes he loved the CFL, but he would point out their flaws when warranted.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post

What the hell. Argos have interest and viewership and that was amplified during the last 2 months of the season. But in his selective mind interest in the Argos doesn't count.

I hope his bosses tell him. You know what Damien the Argos are GC champs, 20,000 go to BMO Field to watch them and they draw 500,000 viewers on TV. We want you to have meaningful discussion about the goings on of this team on this show. If you don't want to do that don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
    Cox is a douche, no doubt about it, as are a few other people on that station. To me, it's not as important that the Argos get tons of coverage on 590 as it is that their radio guys stop bashing the Argos and the league. To me, the negative slants they put on things are very damaging, and can be counter productive to anything the marketing department tries to do.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Cox is a douche, no doubt about it, as are a few other people on that station. To me, it's not as important that the Argos get tons of coverage on 590 as it is that their radio guys stop bashing the Argos and the league. To me, the negative slants they put on things are very damaging, and can be counter productive to anything the marketing department tries to do.
    This is how I see it as well, 590 has always bashed the Argos as minor league and irrelevant.
    This acquisition should alleviate this which in itself will be of huge benefit, add the fact that the Argonauts now have the full MLSE marketing machine behind them will be huge.
    Flew out of terminal 1 at Pearson the other day and the store had full Maple Leaf, Blue Jay and TFC gear available and zero Argo presence.
    Things like this will certainly change moving forward which in itself will bring the Argo brand to the forefront.
    Obviously this has been in the works for a while but I can’t help but think the increased market interest late in the season and subsequent World Championship sealed the deal.
    Hopefully sustained attendance increases are on he way, this team deserves it!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions