Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
Damien Cox is a jackass. He specifically says don't expect there to be any Argo/CFL talk on this show (PTS) just because we own them. That's not how it works. We have been talking more soccer because there is a legitimate interest level.

What the hell. Argos have interest and viewership and that was amplified during the last 2 months of the season. But in his selective mind interest in the Argos doesn't count.

I hope his bosses tell him. You know what Damien the Argos are GC champs, 20,000 go to BMO Field to watch them and they draw 500,000 viewers on TV. We want you to have meaningful discussion about the goings on of this team on this show. If you don't want to do that don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Cox is a douche, no doubt about it, as are a few other people on that station. To me, it's not as important that the Argos get tons of coverage on 590 as it is that their radio guys stop bashing the Argos and the league. To me, the negative slants they put on things are very damaging, and can be counter productive to anything the marketing department tries to do.