Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
I don't think I really have a ranking. It really depends on what you can get and for how much. I think it needs to and can be a pretty balanced combination but you'll obviously have more signings coming in via free agent camps and CFL free agency than via trades. But making one good trade could be a better move than 10 free agent signings. I just think one bad trade can be hypothetically evened out or erased by another form of transaction. I'd take Woods, Green, Vaughn, Laing, Ball, over a 1st Rd Pick any day. Having 2 players stick on your roster from a draft class is a success. Why I don't think it can be easily ranked and why I don't buy the whole "set the team back" stance.
I am not saying there isn't an exception to every rule. Hey, there are indeed times when trading that first pick for someone who can start...is a great decision.

And I agree that the wide spectrum all plays a part. I appreciate the reply. Known commodities are very valuable. I was a huge supporter of the decision to bring in Bear & Ball. However, I disagree with the characterization that people who were concerned with the direction of this team at the end of the Milo-Barker tandem; and with the tardiness of deciding on a new direction were "chicken little."

I simply don't think that's fair.

There was concern league wide, and it was for very good reason. The reason being, we don't want to see this venerable old franchise put to chance.

It worked out, thankfully, but the Argonauts were swimming in dangerous waters and we still can't be certain there wasn't any setbacks even though getting Popp-Trestman was a huge coup.

We shall see if this team has any more street cred come the early summer. All indications are that it does, but we still have to see. Hey, I want a sell out in Game #1, but I'd still call 19,000-20,000 progress.