Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Milanovich was a dead man walking and he knew it. He had lost the room so badly that the ironically-named "Big Three" was like a second centre of power, at one point reportedly back-talking the coach during team meetings. And it could never have reached that point without at least the tacit support of some other players. Dumping the big three was never gonna cure that cancer, which became painfully obvious when the entire team quit on the coach for the last few games.

Yes, and a Coach cannot lose the room or he's dead. To leave this on a positive note; our current administration doesn't get to that point. 1) Popp doesn't bring em in 2) Trestman is able to get through to them 3) or, after making a drastic cut (not 4 in the same position group) Trestman gets the attention of his team and it works.

The DESPERATE moves made by our last administration failed, and squandered a season. These things happen, even to good people. They predictably were let go and this is documented in history. It happened for a reason.

I for one am not going to make excuses for a past administration just because I backed them at one time or another. What on earth does that achieve? Alternate reality and football fans taking cues from a crazy-assed President. My god! (;

Mistakes are mistakes, and people (super-fans or not) should be able to come to grips with them. Especially after how we were all graced and gifted with the ultimate improvement of last season.

Nothing good can be said about how that last administration ended it's run. Plenty of good can be harvested out of how it started.
    Last edited by Jon Gonzo; 01-10-2018 at 09:49 AM.