Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Yes, Washington has bounced around the league. So have lots of guys who played well in multiple locations -- he certainly has played well for more than one team. All OTs get burned on occasion, too -- even all-stars. The guy who does play by play for the Ticats and attends their practices regularly is a lot less blasé than you are about the contributions those two guys made. Maybe he's a GOB?
    Ah, you're going by the word of an expert who hangs around the team lots and gets to hear team shill wisdom; well why didn't you say so / I stand corrected.

Boatman
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    https://www.cfl.ca/2018/01/04/riders...k-kevin-glenn/

The domino effect. Down goes Kevin Glenn!!

Landing Spots for Kevin - likely Montreal, outside shot BC maybe?

Montreal looks like a volatile situation with reports coming out that Buck Pierce turned down the job, before they handed it to Khari Jones...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yes, Washington has bounced around the league. So have lots of guys who played well in multiple locations -- he certainly has played well for more than one team. All OTs get burned on occasion, too -- even all-stars. The guy who does play by play for the Ticats and attends their practices regularly is a lot less blasé than you are about the contributions those two guys made. Maybe he's a GOB?
    Masoli also played in Jones offence, something Collaros didn't have a chance to do. Run and shoot is designed to get rid of the ball a lot sooner, and the line looks better as a result.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Ah, you're going by the word of an expert who hangs around the team lots and gets to hear team shill wisdom; well why didn't you say so / I stand corrected.
    Actually I'm going by the word of an individual who sees far more of the team than you or I do (and who was a CIS starting QB, so therefore mustn't be a GOB) as well as what I see on the field and on TV. I know you always go by what you see on TV as well -- kinda surprising you didn't see Washington and Matthews, no?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilz View Post
    https://www.cfl.ca/2018/01/04/riders...k-kevin-glenn/

The domino effect. Down goes Kevin Glenn!!

Landing Spots for Kevin - likely Montreal, outside shot BC maybe?

Montreal looks like a volatile situation with reports coming out that Buck Pierce turned down the job, before they handed it to Khari Jones...
    Edmonton would be my guess. Glenn has even stated that given the opportunity, he wants to be an Eskimo before he retires. They need a vet back up as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Actually I'm going by the word of an individual who sees far more of the team than you or I do (and who was a CIS starting QB, so therefore mustn't be a GOB) as well as what I see on the field and on TV. I know you always go by what you see on TV as well -- kinda surprising you didn't see Washington and Matthews, no?
    I already said that your mention of them did jog my memory of the Ticat O-line last season; and sorry, neither did overly impress me as superstar saviors of the Ticat offence; but I am certainly not an expert in O-line play.

Are you referring to that M. Ferguson guy who gets to write about the CFL on some internet media sites ? (did not know he was the Ticats play-by-play guy); as far as his written comments about the CFL - he's right up there with Dustin Junk as a CFL authority figure, to me anyways. The difference between guys like Ferguson & Junk 's knowledge of the CFL vs. a few veteran CFL observers (a couple in the media and some on CFL fan forum sites) that I have some respect for, is about 30 years worth of watching the CFL; that, and the ones found on CFL forums are not paid to dutifully report whatever they are told by team GMs, shills or PR experts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I already said that your mention of them did jog my memory of the Ticat O-line last season; and sorry, neither did overly impress me as superstar saviors of the Ticat offence; but I am certainly not an expert in O-line play.

Are you referring to that M. Ferguson guy who gets to write about the CFL on some internet media sites ? (did not know he was the Ticats play-by-play guy); as far as his written comments about the CFL - he's right up there with Dustin Junk as a CFL authority figure, to me anyways. The difference between guys like Ferguson & Junk 's knowledge of the CFL vs. a few veteran CFL observers (a couple in the media and some on CFL fan forum sites) that I have some respect for, is about 30 years worth of watching the CFL; that, and the ones found on CFL forums are not paid to dutifully report whatever they are told by team GMs, shills or PR experts.
    I'll take someone that played high level CIS QB for 3 or 4 years opinion over someone that has watched games for 30 years any day. But that's just me.

It's looking more and more to me that your actual definition of GOB is not what I actually thought it was. It seems that anyone associated with the league that doesn't see things the way you do is actually a GOB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thank-you, Hamilton, for quite possibly increasing the likelihood of our new QB's signing.

That said, I'm as interested as anyone else in seeing what transpires with Collaros.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'll take someone that played high level CIS QB for 3 or 4 years opinion over someone that has watched games for 30 years any day. But that's just me.

It's looking more and more to me that your actual definition of GOB is not what I actually thought it was. It seems that anyone associated with the league that doesn't see things the way you do is actually a GOB.

And I'm stuck with being impressed by football commentators who actually have some command of the English language plus are able to communicate some individual observations, views or opinions of their own - don't give a rat's @$$ if they ever played the game at a high level if they are morons - rather than just reciting cliches or drivel that they got told by team or league experts or paid shills. Though a guy who has played the game up to the highest level PLUS is very well spoken with his own personal views and has obviously followed the league non-stop for years = type that should command the most respect maybe.

As far as GOB - why don't you just give up on it if you don't get the concept (simple 2 parts basically) - it's been explained by me here before (and another poster summed it up fairly succinctly here once ;o) ). Leave the goofy GOB references to me, would ya - quit stealing my act/schtick. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    And I'm stuck with being impressed by football commentators who actually have some command of the English language plus are able to communicate some individual observations, views or opinions of their own - don't give a rat's @$$ if they ever played the game at a high level if they are morons - rather than just reciting cliches or drivel that they got told by team or league experts or paid shills. Though a guy who has played the game up to the highest level PLUS is very well spoken with his own personal views and has obviously followed the league non-stop for years = type that should command the most respect maybe.

As far as GOB - why don't you just give up on it if you don't get the concept (simple 2 parts basically) - it's been explained by me here before (and another poster summed it up fairly succinctly here once ;o) ). Leave the goofy GOB references to me, would ya - quit stealing my act/schtick. ;o)
    LOL. OV, you never disappoint.