Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
I was wrong on Foster OV. He checked in at the combine 5'11 3/8" 225 25 reps. Doesn't look that tall in person. But Boateng 6' 1/2" 233 16 reps was available. I remember Foote getting some reps at DE in one home game anyway. Not big enough against the big OT's in the League now but was quick off the ball. But who knows maybe they can develop him into a MLB. About the right size.
I watch a bit of CIS ball. I had Spooner rated ahead of Woods and Boateng away ahead of Foote and hind sight kind of backs that up. Maybe they didn't interview very well, who knows.

I saw Pickett you mentioned from Guelph play this year. Looks like he could be a good Guard in the CFL, but with all the NCAA guys coming out this year he might not go until the 2nd or 3rd round.

Fabion Foote is more a DT - and he played a bit there for the Als towards the end of last season; the Als tried to go with NI DTs but vets Shologan and Donnie O and Westerman (from BC) were not very good last season IMO (like a lot of Als players - Durant & Earnest Jackson too); Foote may pan out for the Als, but IMO they picked him wayyyy too high last CFL draft (the Ticats got DT Justin Vaughn - way better college ball resume - in the 5th round and he played some for them and looked decent for a rookie.)

The Als could easily go with an NI DE starter - between a couple of their former draft picks - Jesse Joseph (out of US college ball - been with them a few seasons now and was impressive last season IMO when he finally got to play some reps at DE), and J-S Blanc (former CIS star DE out of Montreal - they had him listed as a fullback and he played STs, but when he finally got in some at DE last season - he looked very strong IMO (sack, pressures, knock-down, in a game against Ray & the Argos).

I don't think Mavis there has a clue about, or, any respect for, Canadian talent though; he will pre-determine 7 only NI starting jobs; hopefully they can find some good talent at those positions and the new coaching staff can evaluate well (like finding a better receiver to replace Giguere).