Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The XFL is increasingly looking like no challenge to the CFL because of its salary scale and players starting to turn down the chance to play in the league. With this kind of PR problems how long will it last?

Recently, the XFL projected salaries of about $55K per year for its players. In actuality, those salaries could be even lower.

The salary schedule did not come close to matching what was talked about rampantly throughout the XFL combine workouts and was discussed online by many different sources,” agency Logan Brown Sports said in a statement (via Twitter). “The base salary is $27,040 with per-game active bonuses of $1,685 and weekly win bonuses of $2,222.

LBS represents defensive end Corey Vereen, who was selected by the L.A. Wildcats in the XFL’s first draft. Because the pay is lower than anticipated, Vereen says he will not play for Vince McMahon‘s rebooted league.

Vereen is the first XFLer to back out of playing with the league, but if his take on the salaries is accurate, he probably won’t be the last.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic...14819_30359135

Vereen said he passed on offers from the CFL, and accepted a commissioner's invitation to the XFL draft, based on a presumption of higher salaries. ...

Vereen, who spent training camp in 2017 with the New England Patriots, led the AAF's Memphis Express with four sacks in 2019. He was drafted by the XFL's Los Angeles Wildcats but informed the club this week that he would not sign a contract.

"How are you going to sit here and get all these people together and try to get the best talent for your league and pay them $27,000?" Vereen said. "I love the game. But I'm not going to be taken advantage of at the end of the day. I have an engineering degree. I'm a software developer. My current job makes more than that. I'm not doing that, unfortunately. It looked like a great opportunity."

Asked if he was aware of other players mulling a similar decision, Vereen said, "Most definitely."
    https://africa.espn.com/nfl/story/_/...n-play-low-pay
    Last edited by jerrym; 10-26-2019 at 07:22 PM.