A home for Manziel's talents?

In many respects, Johnny Manziel and the XFL seem like the perfect match, the famous bad boy quarterback performing as the bear on a bicycle in the middle of Vince McMahon’s resurrected three-ring circus of a football league.
But while Manziel immediately expressed interested in the newly re-launched XFL on Thursday McMahon, a staunch conservative and supporter of U.S. president Donald Trump, may not want Johnny Football in his new league for ethical reasons. ...
During the press conference, which was streamed online, Manziel tweeted out “#XFL2020 @VinceMcMahon” then followed it up with an Instagram post that included his #ComeBackSZN hashtag.

“Myself, Vince McMahon and Prez. That’s a brand I can really get behind right there,” Manziel tweeted, referring to a Barstool Sports personality.
The XFL, McMahon and Manziel were all trending on Twitter at one point on Thursday. ...

While Manziel may see the XFL as a viable option, McMahon seemed to rule out the idea. In response to a question about Manziel and fellow quarterbacks Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick being invited to play in the league, McMahon said players with a history of “criminality” would be excluded from playing.
“When I said the quality of human being is very important and just as important as the quality of the player what I mean by that you want someone who does not have any criminality whatsoever associated with them,” McMahon said. “In the XFL, even if you have a DUI you will not play in the XFL. That would probably eliminate some of them, not all of them.
“If Tim Tebow wants to play, he could very well play.”
Manziel was charged in January 2016 after being accused of hitting and threatening former girlfriend Colleen Crowley. He reached, and subsequently completed, a dismissal agreement that required him to complete an anger management class, attend a domestic violence impact panel and participate in a substance-abuse program.
Still, under McMahon’s exceedingly broad definition, Manziel would be out – as would a significant portion of players who might be interested.
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/25/jo...er-vince-says/