Milanovich, who is Jacksonville's QB coach, is one win away from being in the Super Bowl. Whether or not he saw the handwriting on the wall, and signed with the Jaguars three days after Barker was fired, or was aching to join the NFL as soon as possible, or both, I wish him the best of luck in the playoffs despite my having mixed feelings on his time as Argos HC.

When interviewing with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Scott Milanovich was asked why he'd want to give up the Toronto Argonauts' head-coaching job to become the NFL club's quarterback coach. The answer was simple: To win a Super Bowl.
Milanovich and the upstart Jaguars find themselves one win away from the NFL title game. On Sunday, they visit the five-time champion New England Patriots for the AFC championship. "I always knew I wanted to be a coach and that [winning the Super Bowl] is something I've always dreamed of," Milanovich said during a telephone interview this week. "Hopefully it can happen in a few weeks but there's still plenty to do."
He left [the Argos] just three days after GM Jim Barker was fired. "There was uncertainty there with regards to the GM and a lot of things," Milanovich said. "This was a very good job and while my daughters might argue, it wasn't a major move for the family.
"I just felt like when the call came ... it was time to give this a shot. It was almost like the perfect storm, I guess." ...
It's also been a rejuvenation this season for Jacksonville's Blake Bortles. Once ranked among the NFL's worst quarterbacks, the 2014 third overall pick elevated his game dramatically this year, registering career bests in fewest interceptions (13) and passing percentage (60.2). With an improved Bortles under centre, the NFL's best rushing attack and second-ranked defence, Jacksonville won the AFC West with a 10-6 record after finishing 3-13 last year. Instead of having to carry the Jaguars, Bortles' responsibility has been executing the gameplan and playing smart.
"Running the ball on first and second down simplifies to some degree what you're going to see and get regarding matchups," Milanovich said. "If they're going to load up the box against you, that means there's less people in the secondary to defend.
"To me, it really simplifies what you're able to do as far as taking shots down the field, being aggressive and able to get one-on-ones. Blake's good at play action, he's a good ball faker, he's good under centre so all of those things really fit into his skillset right now." ...
Milanovich said his CFL head-coaching experience has helped him become a better assistant coach. "I think I understand what the co-ordinator is going through, I understand to some degree what the head coach is going through," he said. "I think I'm in a better position now knowing what I know to support them and do right by them as an assistant.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...oach-1.4491686