Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I admit to being ignorant of this, but what exactly does an alternate governor do? That is to say, I had always been under the impression that a governor/alternate governor fulfilled some other role within an organization. What will Copeland be doing outside of this role or is it a big enough position that it'll take up most of his time?

My impression on first glance (before reading what Copeland's role would be) was that Manning is the President of Argos and TFC (the BMO bloc) and this was simply a product of a much larger corporate structure and perhaps Copeland's day-to-day activities wouldn't change (except he now has the oversight).
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I admit to being ignorant of this, but what exactly does an alternate governor do? That is to say, I had always been under the impression that a governor/alternate governor fulfilled some other role within an organization. What will Copeland be doing outside of this role or is it a big enough position that it'll take up most of his time?

My impression on first glance (before reading what Copeland's role would be) was that Manning is the President of Argos and TFC (the BMO bloc) and this was simply a product of a much larger corporate structure and perhaps Copeland's day-to-day activities wouldn't change (except he now has the oversight).
    Tanenbaum is the team's Governor, Copeland along with Dale Lastman are the team's alternate's Governors as of right now. Essentially they represent the Argonauts at League meetings.

Manning knows how MLSE operates which is why this move was made, Manning is highly regarded within MLSE. Copeland, Moore, and Dykstra will be probably be kept around until the Argonauts are fully integrated into MLSE. I'd be surprised is all three are still with the Argonauts in 2019.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post

Copeland has the tailgate to look after. He's knee deep in permits and uh, such.

There sure is no shortage of jobs/money around the Argonauts of late. 2 Presidents, 2 GM's, expanded front office staff. Seems like everyone has an assistant. I wonder if we will see a sole QB coach (Ray?) for the first time in decades. With deep pockets, I wonder if the Argos bottom line even matters to MLSE. I can see some thinning of the herd after next season though, once MLSE or Mannng is fully aware.

MLSE has always been careful not to upset TFC fans. With TFC now champions and interest at an all time high, there is no better time to lay the hammer on some issues. I would inform tickets holders (they know who they are) that negative signs pertaining to the Argonauts will not be permitted and will result in expulsion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Who are these 2 Presidents and GM's you speak of ArgoZ ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Who are these 2 Presidents and GM's you speak of ArgoZ ?
    Manning/Copeland, Popp/Zimmerman

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Manning/Copeland, Popp/Zimmerman
    Copeland is no longer President, and is only being kept around for the transition. Zimmerman is the Asst. GM, every CFL team has at least one (most have 2).

Boatman
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Copeland is no longer President, and is only being kept around for the transition. Zimmerman is the Asst. GM, every CFL team has at least one (most have 2).
    Argos are the same with "essentially" two AGMs -- zimmerman on football/recruitment side and Raiche on contract side