Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

New PR named at Argos

Looks like Argos have picked up a top PR individual starting today.

Kurtis W. Larson tweeted:

Toronto FC media relations pro Mike Masaro signs off to pursue a job with the Toronto Argonauts. The best I've worked with in soccer; A guy repeatedly robbed of MLS PR Awards. Soccer's loss is CFL's gain. Enjoy it, man!
    #TFCLive
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    M. Domer tweeted:

“Mike is one of the classiest individuals I ever had a chance to work with. Best of luck with the Argos. They are lucky to have him. #TFClive”
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    By the way, every TC day I attended, there was an individual who heads up MLSE branding across all brands. MLSE sending over a top PR individual bodes we’ll for the Argos brand.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I worked with Mike for a couple months over at TFC. He was coming in just as I was leaving. Great guy and the Argos are lucky to have him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    This announcement could very well be what the Argos need....welcome aboard Mike.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:

Level
    We all wish Mike the very best in his new role with the Argos and welcome him to the team. If there is one area of concern it is his complete lack of background and experience with the CFL or any professional football.

It looks as if MLSE or Manning are determined to bring over the TFC experience to the Argos. It could well be successful but it raises the question, t were there no knowledgeable and well respected CFL PR individuals available for the role. Hopefully, Masaro learn from individuals like Pinball and will quickly soak up the culture and essence of the Argos and the CFL and will be a valuable asset to the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    We all wish Mike the very best in his new role with the Argos and welcome him to the team. If there is one area of concern it is his complete lack of background and experience with the CFL or any professional football.

It looks as if MLSE or Manning are determined to bring over the TFC experience to the Argos. It could well be successful but it raises the question, t were there no knowledgeable and well respected CFL PR individuals available for the role. Hopefully, Masaro learn from individuals like Pinball and will quickly soak up the culture and essence of the Argos and the CFL and will be a valuable asset to the team.
    The best PR the Argos would be to get their star players out and recognizable as much as possible. I don't think you need a CFL background for that. Get guys like Wilder, Ball, Green and others out there as much as you can. I've said this before, but Wilder was all over all Bell media before the eastern final and the crowd was great. Need to do more of this. Sports marketing today is all about recognizable players.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think some are becoming a little obsessed with idea that Manning and the likes of Masaro coming over from the "dredded" TFC, and not being CFL people - I don't recall this same obsession when Copeland and Moore hired a bunch of former Blue Jay employees last year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level

Could care less if he has a CFL background TBH, perhaps an “outsiders” approach is exactly what is needed.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The only thing I could think of when reading this is who was the guy in charge of TFC PR during the delayed Argos Congrats on the Grey Cup imbroglio. I certainly hope I'm wrong and the early endorsements of this thread are correct.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    We really need to stop the paranoia around here.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    No, we need open discussion. Maybe this guy is great, I hope he is, but I sure as hell hope he wasn't the guy behind the belated congrats. Or maybe I do, and he'll screw TFC next time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by rdavies View Post
    No, we need open discussion. Maybe this guy is great, I hope he is, but I sure as hell hope he wasn't the guy behind the belated congrats. Or maybe I do, and he'll screw TFC next time.
    Could really care less about TFC’s belated congrats, was too busy enjoying the Argonauts latest triumph!
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:

Level
    Angelo, you are absolutely right that the best PR would be as much media exposure as possible for our top players. That stated, I stand by my thoughts, that hiring an individual who is knowledgeable about the Argos and the CFL would have been an advantage. As rd states, we need open discussion as that is healthy. However, I'm sure that everyone is behind Masaro and hopes he will be a breath of fresh air and bring professional PR expertise to the team.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm sure that everyone is behind Masaro and hopes he will be a breath of fresh air and bring professional PR expertise to the team.
    I've just got this all wrong he's media relations not marketing. I just wrote a long post about what the marketing department might try and emulate (deleted post).
    Last edited by rdavies; 05-30-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Angelo, you are absolutely right that the best PR would be as much media exposure as possible for our top players. That stated, I stand by my thoughts, that hiring an individual who is knowledgeable about the Argos and the CFL would have been an advantage. As rd states, we need open discussion as that is healthy. However, I'm sure that everyone is behind Masaro and hopes he will be a breath of fresh air and bring professional PR expertise to the team.
    I don't disagree with you, but ever since Manning was named president, it seems many have come to their conclusions without even seeing what the results will be. If it's a slow climb to be where they need to be, I have no issue with it, and a lot of patience. IMO, anything is better than the papered houses we saw under both Braley and C&S before that.

And keep in mind, I dislike TFC and a good portion of their fan base a lot. I just want to see a strong Argos franchise again.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    And keep in mind, I dislike TFC and a good portion of their fan base a lot. I just want to see a strong Argos franchise again.
    On that we can agree.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't disagree with you, but ever since Manning was named president, it seems many have come to their conclusions without even seeing what the results will be.
    Well, if he championed putting the training facilities into the same postal code as the article says, then that's a good start.