Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
Good article here from Frank Z. So much so, that after drinking in the all facts, I have changed my position on James Wilder Jr.

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...-in-2018/page4

The more I think of it, the more I noticed some things along the way that were irritating me. Like selling "Get Wilder" T-Shirts; it seemed so un-CFL, if you'll pardon the expression.

I have no problem with these players taking care of their families and doing what they need to do, but I think using that (in the media) as an apparent attempt at bargaining his way out of his obligations (his word) for his perceived shot at the NFL. That is pretty much a 'me first.'

I now agree with some of the others here; he should have quietly discussed this with Jim Popp and it may have worked out in his favour.

Now?

I don't know, what is he going to say next week? From the 1,000 & 1,000 tweet to a grocery list of complaints, I may not be able to believe what he says next time.

Time for the Argos to prepare to move on. If JWJ wants to be an Argo, make him earn it again in TC -- because in reality, that's what its all about in pro sports regardless of how grandiose your T-shirts make you feel.
My feelings as well Gonzo, at this point cut bait with the malcontents who for some bizarre reason seem intent on damaging the organizations reputation.