Just received an email from Argonauts Client Services announcing the above event to be held at BMO Field, BMO Club on Monday February 5th. I have already RSVP'd to go, and thought a thread about questions to ask the Commissioner would be interesting to get everyone's input.

To start things off, I would be interested in asking the following:
  • How realistic is it to talk about expansion to the Maritimes, when there is no facility currently available or on the horizon that would accommodate a CFL team?
  • If expansion does take place, what are the Commissioner's thoughts on the existing ratio of National to International players? Do we have enough CIS talent to fill the gap? Would there be any thought to altering the ratios?
  • What is status of changing the ratio rules for Canadian QB's?
  • Instead of raising the salary cap, would the league ever consider paying it's players in US $, as all other professional sports league in North America do? (I admit this is controversial, but when I volunteered at the 104th Grey Cup as a driver, one of the players (a pretty big star in the league) brought it up and I thought the idea was worth discussing)