Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
For years, Anthony Calvillo supposedly had a $250-300k deal that went through the League and a $200+k personal services contract with Bob Wetenhall Sr. The League might have no issue with the "Publicly Owned" teams, but privately owned teams can do a lot of back door type of deals without anyone knowing.

I'd like to see an exemption on the SMS for starting QB contracts. I think it'll go a long way, but I also think there should be a cap on it, say $600k. When you think about it, CFL QB salaries haven't risen much over the last 30 years, take out Flutie's personal services contract with the Argonauts and it seems as though $400-500k has been the going rate for quite some time. Didn't Dunigan want/make around $450k when he left the Argos ?
That's interesting. So in 2018 terms, Matt Dunigan's salary should be around $800,000. Considering prices have escalated about 80%* since 1991, players wages have woefully lagged behind.

Certainly tickets prices haven't stood pat. Last time I looked, 1992 lower bowl Argos tickets were $13 each.

Looking forward to professional management of the teams and the league.

*According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index