Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
With MLSE onboard, Calgary Flames and soon Vancouver Canucks, plus a massively profitable Riders team, watch for a move towards a more generous salary cap, or franchise player(S) tag. Cost savings owners like Brailey out. Balance of power shifting of CFL Board of Governors. Professionally run owners in.

Professionally run franchisees are excellent capital allocators. They know that spending more could actually cost them less. Plus add economies of scale and the CFL teams could make money and actually become a return on their investment!

Bell Media/Larry Taunebaun and now MLSE didn't outlay $20 million without a plan.
I agree and think there is a new positive economy in the CFL indeed. No one should dismiss the presence of MLSE (and their media/TV influencers) and the very strong presence with Commissioner Randy Ambrosie, who seemingly can do no wrong.

They can be and should be helping lead the CFL into a new era.

This is an important negotiation and won't be without challenges, but IMHO, I see this as a watershed CBA for both sides. I am confident that new lucrative TV arrangements will ultimately bring the players improvements in player safety, work environs and remuneration.

I see opportunity for improvements in our game.