Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Toronto Argos Release DeVier Posey to pursue NFL Opportunities

TWITTER: TORONTO ARGONAUTS

We've released pending FA DeVier Posey to pursue an NFL opportunity. Thank you for everything, @DPo8!

#ArgosFootball #CFL
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    TWITTER: TORONTO ARGONAUTS

We've released pending FA DeVier Posey to pursue an NFL opportunity. Thank you for everything, @DPo8!

#ArgosFootball #CFL
    I think he is replaceable. Has pretty good speed but I would rate him behind Green and Edwards for the best hands on the club. But good luck to DeVier he went through some tough times getting to where he is today.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Was going to be an FA anyways. Obviously would prefer to lose him to the NFL than to another CFL team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    He may be replaceable but he was the right guy ... in the right place ... at the right time ... to win us that GC.

Good luck P and hope you come back if the NFL stuff doesn't pan.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    That was a blast. He goes down in history as a great Argo with a couple of the most memorable moments in club history. We'll leave the lights on for yah
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    That was a blast. He goes down in history as a great Argo with a couple of the most memorable moments in club history. We'll leave the lights on for yah
    That diving, late TD grab in Hamilton on September 30th to force OT....if they lose to Hamilton twice in September I doubt the team turns it around in the 2nd half of the season.

I however, do feel he will return.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    That diving, late TD grab in Hamilton on September 30th to force OT....if they lose to Hamilton twice in September I doubt the team turns it around in the 2nd half of the season.

I however, do feel he will return.
    Replaceable, but his playmaking ability is perhaps not so easily replaced, IMO. However, if the NFL doesn't pan out, he's certainly welcome to return to the Argonauts.

Well, I've done two 180s on the "release for NFL opportunity" issue, and am now back to my original outlook: let 'em go to give it a shot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    Replaceable, but his playmaking ability is perhaps not so easily replaced, IMO. However, if the NFL doesn't pan out, he's certainly welcome to return to the Argonauts.

Well, I've done two 180s on the "release for NFL opportunity" issue, and am now back to my original outlook: let 'em go to give it a shot.

He did put in 2 years as an Argo, and was set to become a FA anyways.

Much different than the one year, or come to our team for a cup of coffee and i'll do anything to let you go to the NFL attitude that Ego-Jones or Barker or Wally have shown.

CFL GMs who want to build a quality TEAM for several years should NOT be signing Wilder or Butler types with the accepted attitude that they are only going to give one season at most - total myopic bull$hite IMO. Avoid those types and sign younger import players who do not have NFL calling on their resumes and are willing to commit and play hard in the CFL for 2 years, minimum (i'd try for 3 year contracts, and tough $hite if no other CFL teams do that) - and then they can go on to the NFL when their CFL contract is up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Brian Tyms who ended the year on the PR could be given a shot at replacing Posey, provided he is brought to camp.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I think he is replaceable. Has pretty good speed but I would rate him behind Green and Edwards for the best hands on the club. But good luck to DeVier he went through some tough times getting to where he is today.
    My opinion is that he is much higher in ranking than Edwards as far as receivers go. He missed 6 games, but was on pace for about 1200 yards, and truthfully was targeted way more at key moments than Edwards was. Edwards is good, but Posey is much better. This will be a big loss but best of luck to a really good guy.

Brian Tyms who ended the year on the PR could be given a shot at replacing Posey, provided he is brought to camp.
    Great point. Completely forgot about him. He was dynamite for the Ti-Cats at the end of 2016.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I could see the 'brother-in-laws' (SJ and Tyms) signing as a combo in double blue for next season. Especially now with Ricky back. Should be soon.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Wish him well but hope he returns in the future.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm with you on this one Gill. I was very happy when Argos picked up Tyms and don't know what Hamilton was thinking when they let him go.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post
    I'm with you on this one Gill. I was very happy when Argos picked up Tyms and don't know what Hamilton was thinking when they let him go.
    Much like Collaros, Tyms never had an opportunity to play under Jones offence. -

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    So he played out his 2 years, and then the Argos decided to let him out a bit early to try the NFL. How novel. Good luck sir. If it doesn't work out I hope you are back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Much like Collaros, Tyms never had an opportunity to play under Jones offence. -

I was impressed by Tyms when i saw him play for the Ticats - but small sample size - all sorts of receivers have looked good in some opportunity when they get a pile of passes thrown their way.

Nice to have plenty of competition for TC - and with need to replace Posey. Recall the pile of receivers with impressive ex-NFL resumes the Argos had in camp last year? I hope Llevi Noel gets a real look to play receiver - and he could still play his good role on special teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds Double Blue View Post

The Ticats ended up with some strong receiver play last season after Jones came in as coach; Banks played a bigger role as a deep threat; Tasker is a very reliable receiver; ex-NFLer Saunders had a 1000 yard season; and Fantuz & Toliver (1000 yard season before) were out with injury. I can see how Tyms might not make the grade there or be the odd man out - coaching staffs will have different evaluations of talent from previous regimes. And another receiver - ex Rider Ricky Collins - ended up on the Ticats last year and did not play? - this guy really impressed me with the Riders in 2016 - if he is a forgotten man there, love to see the Argos try to get him - impressed me way more than Tyms in his CFL play - some superb catches with the Riders - but again, not a real big sample size.

IF the first 5 Ticat receivers i mentioned above are all good to go/healthy for next season - IMO the Ticats have about the best receiving corps in the CFL; Rider fans like to think their group is so good, but they don't have 5 guys with thousand yard CFL seasons; and the Esks have lost Zylstra for now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    The Ticats ended up with some strong receiver play last season after Jones came in as coach; Banks played a bigger role as a deep threat; Tasker is a very reliable receiver; ex-NFLer Saunders had a 1000 yard season; and Fantuz & Toliver (1000 yard season before) were out with injury. I can see how Tyms might not make the grade there or be the odd man out - coaching staffs will have different evaluations of talent from previous regimes. And another receiver - ex Rider Ricky Collins - ended up on the Ticats last year and did not play? - this guy really impressed me with the Riders in 2016 - if he is a forgotten man there, love to see the Argos try to get him - impressed me way more than Tyms in his CFL play - some superb catches with the Riders - but again, not a real big sample size.

IF the first 5 Ticat receivers i mentioned above are all good to go/healthy for next season - IMO the Ticats have about the best receiving corps in the CFL; Rider fans like to think their group is so good, but they don't have 5 guys with thousand yard CFL seasons; and the Esks have lost Zylstra for now.
    Replacing one American Receiver is never usually very difficult. Not like replacing an entire receiving-set mid season, which is virtually impossible. Great Quarterbacking is the key. A great Quarterback can make an average receiver, an all star. Tyms will be worth a look I'm sure (if they bring him back in). Interesting to see another Receiver back who had a nice pre-season last year. Cole Watson has a chance too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It was great having you, Devier. Good luck.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    So he played out his 2 years, and then the Argos decided to let him out a bit early to try the NFL. How novel. Good luck sir. If it doesn't work out I hope you are back.
    In fairness, it's a much different situation than Wilder or even Butler. He barely played in 2016 only getting in at the end of the year. If his 2016 year was similar to the other guys in 2017, we have no idea if he would have handled it any differently that they did.
    It's us vs the rest of the country