Becky Scott, who is the chair of WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency began her campaign against sports doping in 2001, along with teammate Sara Renner, after seeing numerous positive tests in her cross-country skiing sport is determined to keep up the fight against doping.

“I would say it’s a dark day, maybe one of the first times I feel a little less hopeful about the future for clean sport,” Scott said. “It just doesn’t seem to be moving in the right direction with a day like today.”
The International Olympic Committee may not invite the 28 Russians to Pyeongchang, but there is dangerous precedent in the CAS ruling.
“There may be new standards defined in terms of establishing an (anti-doping rule violation) for athletes with this decision,” said Scott. "The fact remains the proof was there with the expert witnesses and evidence brought forward ... proving beyond a reasonable doubt the existence of a state-sponsored doping system and these athletes’ active participation in that system. So how this cannot result in disqualification from the Olympic Games is very hard to understand. To really have no penalty or consequence for what happened in Sochi is difficult to digest.” ...

“There is this global majority of athletes who are clean who feel their right to a level playing field is not being upheld and protected in the way it should be,” she said. ...

Scott grew up in a socially conscious household in Vermilion, Alta. Her parents Jan and Walter taught right from wrong and, more than that, to stick up for what’s right. That life lesson sustains her in the fight against doping, even in the face of systemic cheating by Russia, even as the courts let dopers off the hook. ...

“I get to hear about everything she has been battling,” said Renner. “It’s actually quite raw. It’s so emotional. It’s so unfortunate because it’s a battle for clean sport and it’s a battle at the very top. ...

“And so, despite everything that’s kind of gone wrong along the way, it’s something that still resonates with me and I would say, with Canadians in general. So it’s kind of like we’re at the point where we have to either s--- or get off the pot. We have to clean it up so we can keep that feeling.”
https://www.pressreader.com/canada/o...81921658494755