Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't recall anyone stating the writers over at 3DN have no sources or contacts. It seems to me it's the way they do things over there that causes the negative feedback.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gonzo View Post
    3DN is a blogg with contributing writers who (usually have other jobs) and most often have more information than you and I.
    I especially liked their information that Duron Carter had played his last game as a Rider last season. People get called out on forums for posting things without sources. I don't get why you would take such offence to people not caring for the majority of their write ups, especially to the point where you would say that you are embarrassed to be an Argos fan.

And for the record, the reason Drew Edwards blocked me was because I constantly called him out on his Ti-Cats bias. He, unlike those bloggers is a paid writer that should be showing more integrity than adding GIF's showing every play that in his opinion a call went against the Ti-Cats. That is what is really embarrassing.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I especially liked their information that Duron Carter had played his last game as a Rider last season. People get called out on forums for posting things without sources. I don't get why you would take such offence to people not caring for the majority of their write ups, especially to the point where you would say that you are embarrassed to be an Argos fan.

And for the record, the reason Drew Edwards blocked me was because I constantly called him out on his Ti-Cats bias. He, unlike those bloggers is a paid writer that should be showing more integrity than adding GIF's showing every play that in his opinion a call went against the Ti-Cats. That is what is really embarrassing.
    Edwards is a Ticat shill above all.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I appreciate your opinion AV, even when I disagree with it. We have watched (and probably played) a bunch of football in our lives. I have seen some stuff in social media that I find distasteful. I've held my tongue, and the only thing I am going to say is that some of the stuff I see, crosses the line. And just to be clear where the line is for me (and many others) is when people are unfeeling, unfair or they make things personal.

Hammer away at the 'hammer' all you want. With humour, I do too, and I always have.

I have seen this same type of negativity in other forums where fans (or bloggers) make the effort to help keep us informed get attacked by their own. I don't get it.

I have two friends who started as sports bloggers who now are staff writers/commentators for major American networks. People were unfair, and people bully from the shadows.

Do you honestly believe that Dunk and Edwards have no sources? How many do they have that you and I do not? Are people who care about CFL football not to have opinions that may differ from our own?

I say bring it. I can take it with a grain of salt. Simply stop following if it is such consistent trash. Id call that affirmative action.
    Hustle hit and never quit

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Are there no Argo shills in the hills? (;

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I appreciate your opinion AV, even when I disagree with it. We have watched (and probably played) a bunch of football in our lives. I have seen some stuff in social media that I find distasteful. I've held my tongue, and the only thing I am going to say is that some of the stuff I see, crosses the line. And just to be clear where the line is for me (and many others) is when people are unfeeling, unfair or they make things personal.

Hammer away at the 'hammer' all you want. With humour, I do too, and I always have.

I have seen this same type of negativity in other forums where fans (or bloggers) make the effort to help keep us informed get attacked by their own. I don't get it.

I have two friends who started as sports bloggers who now are staff writers/commentators for major American networks. People were unfair, and people bully from the shadows.

Do you honestly believe that Dunk and Edwards have no sources? How many do they have that you and I do not? Are people who care about CFL football not to have opinions that may differ from our own?

I say bring it. I can take it with a grain of salt. Simply stop following if it is such consistent trash. Id call that affirmative action.
    Never said that Edwards had no sources. He is paid as a legitimate writer, so I would hope he would. As I said, my issue was with his is his lack of objectivity. The way he went on after the Labour day game is what I called embarrassing.

And you have to admit, the story of Duron Carter playing his last game as a Rider was also embarrassing. The fact that 3DN nation can turn an individual's tweet into a major headline on their site is perhaps the most embarrassing thing of all. When Duron Carter tweeted about Zylstra getting a futures contract, that was the TOP HEADLINE on their site that day. it was a TWEET for God's sake.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Embedding Tweets is commonplace on social media. It's rampant. Do I agree with everything they do or say, no, but I barely ever agree with everything anyone opines anymore anyway.

Social Media has us all flying closer to the sun, than ever before. I've said my piece, and must move along. You are welcome to PM me anytime you desire.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I barely ever agree with everything anyone opines anymore anyway.
    Then why on earth did you take such offence to some of us voicing our opinions on 3DN?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    3DN is a decent blog, probably the best there is about Cdn football. Edwards is a journalist who shows up day after day to ask questions of the Ticats, even after he has ripped them, so he deserves respect for that. And I would never agree that he is a Ticat shill -- yes, he has gone on ad nauseam about a few calls that he felt went against the Cats, but everyone's entitled to an opinion, and it's not as if he has never said a call went wrongly against another team, or in favour of the Cats. He has written and said many things that were highly critical of the organization, as anyone who reads him every day could attest.

That said, 3DN under Drew's leadership has made some incredibly stupid posts (e.g. Genie Bouchard and multiple posts about Dean Blundell's attention-seeking idiocy). And there have been some "scoops" that turned out to be based on questionable if not erroneous information, and some stories torqued way out of proportion. One I complained to Edwards about was a report that headlined the "news" that Wayne Parrish was a "leading candidate" to become CFL commissioner. It was based on a throwaway line buried deep in a CP story that made no such claim, simply said Parrish's name "had been mentioned." There's a huge gap between a name being mentioned (by whom, the source copy did not say) and that individual being a leading candidate.

The biggest issue I have with 3DN is that it seems to aspire to be the leading source of both news and commentary about Cdn football, but it doesn't seem prepared to follow stringent standards for accuracy in its "news" content. That Parrish story was torqued by the most basic standards of journalism, yet they declined to change it even when challenged.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Don
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Never said that Edwards had no sources. He is paid as a legitimate writer, so I would hope he would. As I said, my issue was with his is his lack of objectivity. The way he went on after the Labour day game is what I called embarrassing.

And you have to admit, the story of Duron Carter playing his last game as a Rider was also embarrassing. The fact that 3DN nation can turn an individual's tweet into a major headline on their site is perhaps the most embarrassing thing of all. When Duron Carter tweeted about Zylstra getting a futures contract, that was the TOP HEADLINE on their site that day. it was a TWEET for God's sake.
    I never thought of Edwards as a homer (at least prior to the late September game).
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I never thought of Edwards as a homer (at least prior to the late September game).
    Probably right, but the aftermath of that game was so embarrassing. He acted as if no calls went the Ti-Cats way. I don't recall him saying the Cats got the benefit of a few calls in the LD game.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The Genie Bouchard schmoz was a real eye opener and turnoff from 3dn for me. It pisses me off when supposed "journalists" try to troll readers.
    Last edited by rdavies; 02-21-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It's all about page views - Edwards own words btw, on one of the 3dn podcasts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    It's all about page views - Edwards own words btw, on one of the 3dn podcasts.
    Shocker, people want page views when they make an effort and contribute. That is how they can monetize their site. Its kind of how the world is working these days. Page views= the ratings of social media. Best thing to do? Unfollow.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Shocker, people want page views when they make an effort and contribute. That is how they can monetize their site. Its kind of how the world is working these days. Page views= the ratings of social media. Best thing to do? Unfollow.
    I think we all get how it works. That was Edward's remarks after taking heat on some of the Riders stories 3dn did this past season. Ex. The Brandon Bridge wanting out of Saskatchewan story, which was based on Bridge stating that he wanted to be the guy, and hoped it would be in Riderville, but if they didn't want him, "he'd make them pay".

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    KC, I can't believe that you are supporting journalists over useless bloggers. LOL!!

Speaking of which, 3DN blocked me on twitter. Drew Edwards must have some really thin skin below that ridiculous looking beard of his.
    haha, I know, right?

That's too bad 3DN blocked you. They should be encouraging fan engagement instead of declining to hear a different opinion. Maybe they'll change their mind in the future.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Level
    Probably right, but the aftermath of that game was so embarrassing. He acted as if no calls went the Ti-Cats way. I don't recall him saying the Cats got the benefit of a few calls in the LD game.
    That game, well the aftermath, was something else. The Cats fans simply couldn't deal with the fact they blew a 14 point (I think) lead and couldn't move the ball in the 4th quarter. I swear Edwards watched from the stands, because I know how that can influence ones judgment. When I rewatched the game at home (I attended live), there was only one silly penalty, which was the interference. Funny thing was, the Argos scored no points of of it and the call was actually correct by the rule book, which I admit needs fixed. I'm fine with reporters being homers, that's natural. They can at least be objective on replays and calls. Edwards twisted every replay to favour the Cats, even misinterpreting the rule book on fumbles!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    That game, well the aftermath, was something else. The Cats fans simply couldn't deal with the fact they blew a 14 point (I think) lead and couldn't move the ball in the 4th quarter. I swear Edwards watched from the stands, because I know how that can influence ones judgment. When I rewatched the game at home (I attended live), there was only one silly penalty, which was the interference. Funny thing was, the Argos scored no points of of it and the call was actually correct by the rule book, which I admit needs fixed. I'm fine with reporters being homers, that's natural. They can at least be objective on replays and calls. Edwards twisted every replay to favour the Cats, even misinterpreting the rule book on fumbles!
    Furthermore, the Argos lost about a minute and a half off the clock in the 4th quarter as they were attempting their comeback.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force