Being lucky (and old) enough, to have lived through the Cahill era, I can't really do justice to how much he enthused Toronto for the Argos and the CFL. Reporters loved his colourful manner, outrageous quips and his controversial statements. In the warm up before a game, he would go to centre field and stare at the other team, as it went through its drills. It was almost as if he was making a statement, that he was there and you wont be able to ignore him. Even with all the high profile teams existing in Toronto today, Cahill in his prime, would have demanded attention from the media.

The Argo players loved him and the fans of other teams couldn't stand him---but they couldn't ignore him. As time has elapsed, even fans from other teams now remember him fondly and respect what he brought to the league. I hope over the next couple of days, we will see some clips of his more memorable moments, especially those in front of the cameras.

Hopefully there will be a tribute by the team either before the start of the first home game or during halftime. He was unique and I doubt if we will see his like again.