Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Location makes perfect sense, hopefully MLSE upgrade the field surface.
    Not if their headquarters remain at Don Bosco. That is a long bus trip. Much longer than Downsview.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Not if their headquarters remain at Don Bosco. That is a long bus trip. Much longer than Downsview.
    I think the Bosco experiment is done. Refurbishing an old abandoned high school for a professional team HQ is not the way MLSE tends to do things. Let's hope the plan is for a full time training facility like the Raptors' Biosteel building, maybe even right beside it. That might even fit in with using Lamport as their practice field. In the meantime there's a pretty well-appointed Argos locker room at BMO two minutes away.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think the Bosco experiment is done. Refurbishing an old abandoned high school for a professional team HQ is not the way MLSE tends to do things. Let's hope the plan is for a full time training facility like the Raptors' Biosteel building, maybe even right beside it. That might even fit in with using Lamport as their practice field. In the meantime there's a pretty well-appointed Argos locker room at BMO two minutes away.
    I couldn't agree more. But I don't think Lamport is the place. There is nowhere to have a decent weight training area there, unless, they move their headquarters to BMO, while using Lamport as a practice facility, similar to the way it was when the Argos played at old CNE.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    What is up with the Argos and the lack of public communication? Does training camp not start, like tomorrow? Yet there is nothing on the team's website about what is going on. Every other team (except Montreal, as far as I can tell) has published or announced its training camp schedule. I just don't understand this. We are the fricking Grey Cup champions and there is ZERO information. It's hard to believe the lack of attention. How in the world do they expect to grow interest? Never mind tarping off the east side, at this rate you might as well tarp up the stadium. Sheesh.

Boatman
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    And interestingly (ie. incredibly frustrating) when I emailed the Argos asking for info to be posted about TC to their website, I got the automatic response of Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
    clientservices@argonauts.ca It appears even their email address has either been changed or is not working currently. Either way that is embarrassing for the organization that the email address posted on their public website does not even work. Makes me really wonder about who is running things from an organizational standpoint. I can't believe MLSE is that disorganized - it therefore makes me concerned if they care that little about the team! Where in the world is this new President Manning?!?!? If this is how poorly he is oversseing the running of the team then we truly have to worry about the future of this organization! The small details are clear indicators of how effectively or poorly an organization is run!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    T C schedule now available--last minute publication. Can't arrive more than 15 before practice begins.

Communication seems to be an afterthought with administration. Makes on wonder if Manning really care about the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    T C schedule now available--last minute publication. Can't arrive more than 15 before practice begins.

Communication seems to be an afterthought with administration. Makes on wonder if Manning really care about the team.
    Seems to be the same narrative no matter who owns this team.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    To a great degree you are right Argo57 but in my entire experience with the team and that is over many decades, I have never experienced such poor communication. Look at the comments of the fans on this site---telephone calls not returned, e-mails not returned, no advance information about TC, or the exhibition game, or whether we will have a Fan Day or a Town Hall.

One gets the feeling that Manning is falling into the same trap as his predecessor, who thought, just moving into BMO would bring good attendance, where Manning seems to be thinking that reduced prices alone will increase attendance. The absence of good timely communication , leads one to surmise, the administration just don't care about the fans----therefore why should we care about going to games?

Perhaps Manning has some brilliant creative and imaginative strategies to entice us all to the games, If so, it is rapidly coming to the time where such strategies need to be publicized.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Argos turn the page after Grey Cup championship season
    Morgan Campbell, Toronto Star May 21, 2018

The Argos enter the year with several important questions unanswered.

Last December, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment bought the 144-year-old club, settling doubts about whether they’ll co-exist long-term at BMO Field with MLSE-owned Toronto FC. And sharing an ownership group with the Leafs and Raptors allows the Argos to access MLSE’s marketing heft in a city where the CFL often struggles to sell tickets.

Last season, the Argos averaged a league-low 13,914 spectators at home games, according to the statistical database CFLdb.ca. That represented a 15-per-cent drop from the 2016 season, when they drew an average of 16,380 to BMO Field.

They’re also recalibrating plans for a practice facility. Last summer, they moved their base to the site of the former Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School in Etobicoke, with an eye toward making the campus their long-term home. But, Popp said the Argos still haven’t settled on a location for 2018 — the team often practises at Downsview Park, on a gridiron adjacent to TFC’s headquarters.

While Popp said the club will soon finalize a practice site, training camp will take place at York University. And when it opened, 38-year-old quarterback Ricky Ray will again step in as the main signal caller.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Location makes perfect sense, hopefully MLSE upgrade the field surface.
    As I went past Lamport Stadium last week I could see new artificial turf was being installed. But it is a city-owned facility that gets rented out for community recreational use. I don't think it's possible for it to be a permanent, long term answer.
    http://www.toronto.ca/data/parks/prd...314/index.html

I would be impressed, if instead of renting fields for practice, MLSE would finally build the team their own permanent practice facility, but I'm not counting on it happening any time soon. Even the Mastercard Centre, where the Leafs and Marlies practice, is apparently leased, not owned by MLSE.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastercard_Centre

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.C. View Post
    As I went past Lamport Stadium last week I could see new artificial turf was being installed. But it is a city-owned facility that gets rented out for community recreational use. I don't think it's possible for it to be a permanent, long term answer.

I would be impressed, if instead of renting fields for practice, MLSE would finally build the team their own permanent practice facility, but I'm not counting on it happening any time soon. Even the Mastercard Centre, where the Leafs and Marlies practice, is apparently leased, not owned by MLSE.

Lamport would be good as they can walk from BMO, but keeping the team in the community, making upgrades to don bosco, replacing the field, and moving the offices there from lower simcoe would be better.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.C. View Post

Agreed, a professional football team should have their own state of the art practice facility.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It's sad how the carpetbagging practice sites will continue.
    Me thinks MLSE will not spend the money on the team similar to the other owned franchise with state of the art facilities.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    According to Frank Z, the Argos will use a combination of 3 locations for their training facilities. The locker room will be the existing room at BMO field, the weight room and offices will be at Ricoh coliseum and they will practice at Lamport stadium. Not Perfect, but better than they ever had before. At least it is within walking distance...

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBenfica View Post
    According to Frank Z, the Argos will use a combination of 3 locations for their training facilities. The locker room will be the existing room at BMO field, the weight room and offices will be at Ricoh coliseum and they will practice at Lamport stadium. Not Perfect, but better than they ever had before. At least it is within walking distance...
    Marcus Ball feeling right home with Argos soon to move into new practice digs
    Frank Zicarelli The Toronto Sun May 30, 2018

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by TOBenfica View Post
    Very close to perfect IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It'd be great if Lamport could be renovated to house everything, but I doubt there's enough room. I've been told Ryerson's not going to happen, and MLSE is looking elsewhere including Lamport for a permanent solution.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    Lamport just got some brand new Field Turf last week

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Good article by Frank in the Sun today on the new facilities.