Quote Originally Posted by Hook16 View Post
As always feedback is important and appreciated. Although tailgate at Ontario Place will not take place. It should be noted that the Shipyard at Barricks will be back and offer fans a great venue pre-game. Although I do not have all the details (those will come) I wanted to ensure many of you were aware of this. A few other things to note:

1. Price reduction on season tickets - season ticket holders will receive a credit applied to their account
2. Pre-season game will be held in Guelph - season ticket holders will receive the value credited to their account
3. Further enhanced in game experience

I can assure everyone that ownership is committed to growing the fan base and the Argonauts brand within this market.

Thank you for the continued support of the Toronto Argonauts
Michael Hook
WHY????? Why won't the tailgate take place?

Shipyard is not the same as a tailgate. Any Toronto team can (and probably does) provide some version of the Shipyard, there's nothing about it that lets the Argos stand out in a crowded professional sports market. Standing around with a cheap hotdog and a plastic cup in my hand isn't the same as driving up with a barbeque, cooler, lawn chairs, and stereo. Why do you think virtually every other football team in North America does a tailgate instead of a "Shipyard"? Because it's different, organic, and unique! I understand Ontario liquor laws make tailgating a special challenge that imposes some constraints, but this is something that should be grown not shut down.

I say boo to your bosses, Michael Hook, for a lack of vision and lack of understanding into what's been tried in the past and what this team needs to do differently. I hope everyone else joins me in campaigning to have this decision reversed.