Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    This is the last I will say on this subject. To me, the tailgates did nothing to help the team business wise. As I have mentioned, attendance decreased from year 1 to 2. The team decided to benefit 100% of the ticket buyers by lowering prices as opposed to the maybe 3% that would partake in the tailgate. How anybody can't see the logic there is beyond me.
    And how your types here just have to spin this move as an either or decision, and how the Argo "ownership" brain-trust must obviously be always in the right over the know nothing joe average fans ... is not beyond me - it's predictable. There's some real football bizness experts at work here folks - so shut-up and buy your discounted STs. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    And how your types here just have to spin this move as an either or decision, and how the Argo "ownership" brain-trust must obviously be always in the right over the know nothing joe average fans ... is not beyond me - it's predictable. There's some real football bizness experts at work here folks - so shut-up and buy your discounted STs. ;o)
    We get it.

You NEVER believe any management decision is a good one - simply because it is management.
    You have repeated this mantra ad nauseum for years, both in regard to the Argos, other CFL teams, and the CFL management.
    GOBs, anti-Canadians (or anti-"non imports" to use your dated term), and business experts/bean counters- all know nothing compared to the average fan who has no knowledge of costs, budgets, etc.

We get it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    We get it.

You NEVER believe any management decision is a good one - simply because it is management.
    You have repeated this mantra ad nauseum for years, both in regard to the Argos, other CFL teams, and the CFL management.
    GOBs, anti-Canadians (or anti-"non imports" to use your dated term), and business experts/bean counters- all know nothing compared to the average fan who has no knowledge of costs, budgets, etc.

We get it.
    Shouldn't MLSE be a breath of fresh air, or have they already become GOB's ?

OV's just anti establishment, and always against the majority it seems. It's his schtick.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    We get it.

We get it.
    "NEVER" - oh really - nice spin job pal; you don't seem that capable in the reading comprehension department or the ability to carry on a nuanced conversation here.

BTW - just FYI - i believe the Argos made some real good football decisions lately - hiring Marc Trestman as HC; sticking with Ricky Ray at QB; finding some good new talent - like Wilder and Butler; signing /acquiring some good vets like Woods, SJ Green, Ball; making some good draft picks - like McEwen, Noel, (and hopefully the likes of Foster & Woodson from last draft).

But yep - I NEVER have anything good to say about the Argos - just hated it last season when they won the GC with an under-rated "NI" like Matt Black making a huge all-time Argo play.

Really sorry if I offend your poor little notions of how the Argos should be though; and for not blindly or dutifully cheering on everything this incredible, genius ownership corporation does. I get what you're about though.