Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    he said they looked into it and it was too expensive to do, so it will be just a big red blob which is unfortunate to say the least.
    Holy moly, how cheap are these guys?? The main purpose of eliminating seats from inventory is to REDUCE the number of empty seats, which means covering them up like they aren't there. Just leaving them won't add to the atmosphere, it will look the same as every other year. Honestly how much would a one-time cost of a few tarps be? A few hundred bucks?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Reading through this Thread it sounds like different people are being told different things in regards to refunds.
    Piss poor and unprofessional for an organization trying to build back their fan base.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeslet'sgo View Post
    Holy moly, how cheap are these guys?? The main purpose of eliminating seats from inventory is to REDUCE the number of empty seats, which means covering them up like they aren't there. Just leaving them won't add to the atmosphere, it will look the same as every other year. Honestly how much would a one-time cost of a few tarps be? A few hundred bucks?
    What ever happened to the nice big player tarps that they used in the 500 level at the Rogers Centre?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    What ever happened to the nice big player tarps that they used in the 500 level at the Rogers Centre?
    I'm sure they are long gone. The org has a sad history of losing/throwing away historical artifacts. It has happened through multiple ownership groups over the years. (Also, who knows if those tarps would fit the space but it seems unlikely they'd be a perfect fit.)
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

New Fan
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Wait did anyone successfully received a refund instead of a credit? I straight up asked my ticket rep for a refund and was told that wasn’t an option, I’ll be a little perturbed if that wasn’t true (although good for whoever did actually get the difference refunded)

I like where my current seats are, I don’t feel like moving just because the price points have changed. Anyhow I’m tempted to call back if others have got that money refunded, it’s odd to me that they need to essentially hold that overage hostage for a season as our “reward” for renewing early.

I had my call with them on Monday (New dude unfortunately, I had Donny last few years and the guy was a gem)

After working me with a hard upsell on moving my seats or having the account credit, I stood firm on having the refund to my card. He wasn't really enthused but said that it wasn't a problem. However said that it wouldn't happen overnight but down the road at a later date as "they have lots to sort out" So whatever that means, But to answer your question, yes I did get the refund....sorta lol

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Having read the post about no tarps covering the closed off upper east side sections, along with the apparent disarray with regard to the credits in our accounts and how they can be used or refunded, I am definitely NOT impressed with the new regime so far.

It's still early I guess.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    Having read the post about no tarps covering the closed off upper east side sections, along with the apparent disarray with regard to the credits in our accounts and how they can be used or refunded, I am definitely NOT impressed with the new regime so far.

It's still early I guess.
    In 2016 and 2017, the only thing done wrong was the ticket prices. In 2018, the only thing done right is the ticket prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeslet'sgo View Post
    In 2016 and 2017, the only thing done wrong was the ticket prices. In 2018, the only thing done right is the ticket prices.
    This should be their marketing slogan for the year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Maybe it is my Argo bias but it feels as though MLSE are taking the "fly by the seat of your pants" approach with all things Argo and are making it all up as they go.

Everyone (including Manning and MLSE personnel) now ask themselves the question if that is the approach they use when it comes to their other teams.

The honest answer is one I don't wish to hear. And that answer is at the root of why it is always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this team. We need people that care and give a crap about our team. I guarantee you Manning gives a crap about TFC, Ujiri gives a crap about the Raptors and Shannahan gives a crap about the Leafs.

Just by slotting the Argos in with Manning and TFC kind of tells the story. They will be an afterthought and when I am done with my real job I will deal with this. No slight to Manning but if he is honest his real focus is on TFC. The Argos have a real fan problem. They need full time attention from an all in executive.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    .... Just by slotting the Argos in with Manning and TFC kind of tells the story. They will be an afterthought and when I am done with my real job I will deal with this. No slight to Manning but if he is honest his real focus is on TFC. The Argos have a real fan problem. They need full time attention from an all in executive.
    yup. give pinball the job.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Had a call from the rep today. Very pleasant experience and a seat next to our opened up so we upgraded from 2 to 3.

When I got the email I noticed he was from group sales which tells me people are working overflow which will explain why people are getting different answers. I know from being in group sales, policies are different from non groups and policies differ from people working for different brands (i.e. Raptors 905).

Considering they're under new ownership and management for the 2nd off season out of 3, I know first hand it's not business as usual and it will take some time to get their **** back in order.

They really need to communicate better, otherwise I no issues with their off season plan off field so far.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Maybe it is my Argo bias but it feels as though MLSE are taking the "fly by the seat of your pants" approach with all things Argo and are making it all up as they go.

Everyone (including Manning and MLSE personnel) now ask themselves the question if that is the approach they use when it comes to their other teams.

The honest answer is one I don't wish to hear. And that answer is at the root of why it is always 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this team. We need people that care and give a crap about our team. I guarantee you Manning gives a crap about TFC, Ujiri gives a crap about the Raptors and Shannahan gives a crap about the Leafs.

Just by slotting the Argos in with Manning and TFC kind of tells the story. They will be an afterthought and when I am done with my real job I will deal with this. No slight to Manning but if he is honest his real focus is on TFC. The Argos have a real fan problem. They need full time attention from an all in executive.
    Manning deserves time to see what he can do, but I can't deny that I've had similar thoughts a few times.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Manning deserves time to see what he can do, but I can't deny that I've had similar thoughts a few times.
    I in no way am implying he is not smart or capable. I am just saying the Argos are not his only responsibility. The Argos at this time require a lot of attention and care and focus just to get back to respectability off the field. I just don't believe he has the bandwidth to do that. And I don't want to hear about delegation to subordinates. Everyone takes their lead from the top. What the vision is, what the plan is, what the passion is for the job.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I had my phone call a couple days ago, took a full refund and voiced my displeasure about the Tailgate being cancelled (I'll post more about that in the Tailgate Thread) I was told that the refund would be processed on or after May 18th.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    My ticket rep Ricardo is great. Tried to sell me the upgrade. His job, I understand. Upgrade was actually very decent and still gave me a refund. I stood firm and asked for the refund (I really do love my seats and the new price). Refund won’t be issued for a few weeks. So yes and sorta for me too.

Boatman
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Had a call from the rep today. Very pleasant experience and a seat next to our opened up so we upgraded from 2 to 3.

When I got the email I noticed he was from group sales which tells me people are working overflow which will explain why people are getting different answers. I know from being in group sales, policies are different from non groups and policies differ from people working for different brands (i.e. Raptors 905).

Considering they're under new ownership and management for the 2nd off season out of 3, I know first hand it's not business as usual and it will take some time to get their **** back in order.

They really need to communicate better, otherwise I no issues with their off season plan off field so far.
    I did the same, the extra seat gives me a chance to bring my little brother to a bunch of games and reserves that seat for my son who is 1 1/2 now but will be 2 next season. And I still have like 200 and change on my account. Which I'll use next year. honestly I was pleasantly surprised to hear about the price drop, I get to bring more people along.

In regards to losing the tailgate. Honestly as much as it was a cool idea, never went. Preferred to hit the shipyard, even when I drove. Not a huge loss for me, tbh.
    Last edited by Kenners; 04-20-2018 at 08:07 PM.

New Fan
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I had my phone call a couple days ago, took a full refund and voiced my displeasure about the Tailgate being cancelled (I'll post more about that in the Tailgate Thread) I was told that the refund would be processed on or after May 18th.
    Funny I was told no refunds? How did you manage that?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by wewantthecup View Post
    Funny I was told no refunds? How did you manage that?
    I told them I wanted a refund and I wasn't happy about the Tailgates being cancelled. It was a very quick call, they didn't put up any resistance to giving me a refund. The rep said that they've been getting a lot of negative feedback about the Tailgate being cancelled.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I told them I wanted a refund and I wasn't happy about the Tailgates being cancelled. It was a very quick call, they didn't put up any resistance to giving me a refund. The rep said that they've been getting a lot of negative feedback about the Tailgate being cancelled.
    By a lot you mean a couple of hundred, or is this another scenario where the phones were ringing off the hook, and we're talking tens of thousands ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    By a lot you mean a couple of hundred, or is this another scenario where the phones were ringing off the hook, and we're talking tens of thousands ?
    I don't know, just passing on what I was told.