Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    It was great to read that some of you were offered the cash refund. That is what I will be asking for when they call me on Thursday. The reason is only because I love my current seats and my neighbours there for the past two seasons, so have no wish to move. I could get extra tickets, but I know for sure that anyone I give them to will be expecting them for free, thinking I am not really paying for them. I had no problem giving out the free tickets we got last year....but those people ended up not going to any other games where they would have to pay. Maybe if there is an option to keep the money towards next year's tickets, I may decide on that. I can now tell the wife that with the refund in cash, I can go to the season opener in Regina !!! That sounds like a good idea.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    I have no interest in entering a battle of opinions but with great respect, it appears that Ron did not fully comprehend the rational for not to using the credit to buy more tickets, so I'll take the responsibility, that I obviously did not explain it well enough.

Last year on many occasions, we took several members of the family down to the tailgating, which meant purchasing additional tickets to the games. During the year we probably bought an extra couple of dozen ticket for the family. The kids (mostly teenagers) loved the tailgating and we all found it to be a great family event. So in our case, yes the tailgating was an important aspect in the decision of whether to use the credit for additional tickets or not.

I can't speak for other fans but the cancelling of the tailgating did have an impact of the decision. Having been a STH for well over a half a century, I make decisions of when to buy extra tickets based on the interest shown by my family. Tailgating was important to them and thus the decision was to take the refund, rather than purchase additional tickets.

I realize the comment "whatever floats your boat is great" was said in humour but can I appeal to all, to try to keep our differences of opinions as cordial, positive and pleasant as possible. We can have completely different opinions on issues but still respect the individual's right to that opinion
    No battle. Not even a difference of opinion. (I'd take the refund in a heartbeat) Your original post had a lot of "Might" in it but this one had a lot of "Did actually buy a lot" in it. If I misunderstood that's my bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Treblecharger1 View Post

It's an exciting time and I think you will see them get 15 to 18k a game in house like Manning said with a couple games hitting 20k
    I think Manning is deliberately aiming low on the attendance predictions. I think he suspects the new low prices plus a winning team will increase demand significantly over last season, and he will take all the credit when they start selling seats in the tarped off sections. If the Ti-Cats are competitive there's no way in hell there will be fewer than 20,000 seats sold for their games in Sept and Oct. And they could sell 30,000 seats when Johnny Football comes to town, doesn't matter who he's playing for. Either way, I'd bet that those tarps will come down at least partially by the end of the season.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think Manning is deliberately aiming low on the attendance predictions. I think he suspects the new low prices plus a winning team will increase demand significantly over last season, and he will take all the credit when they start selling seats in the tarped off sections. If the Ti-Cats are competitive there's no way in hell there will be fewer than 20,000 seats sold for their games in Sept and Oct. And they could sell 30,000 seats when Johnny Football comes to town, doesn't matter who he's playing for. Either way, I'd bet that those tarps will come down at least partially by the end of the season.
    Definitely better to have low expectations than the "oh we're gonna sell out every game and people will be fist fighting for tickets" BS we heard before the first BMO season. I knew for a fact we weren't meeting those expectations. I would consider a 15k average alright for this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Got the email today for the pre season game in Guelph. 20.00 general admission and 10.00 for students. If it wasn't a Thursday, I'd go for sure at that price.

https://mailchi.mp/493e571e4007/pres...w?e=d6b76e9434

In the ticket order page via U of Guelph the header says

Join us as the Toronto Argonauts take their pre season on the road for an inaugural game here in Guelph at Alumni Stadium!

Will this be the case every year going forward. To bad they couldn't get Varsity even with a 4200 ST base they'll fill it at the above price-point

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Inaugural? Good find. If that was the case, you would figure it would have been planned better and certainly sooner. The reason was given due to re-sodding.

I wouldn't be opposed to camp and pre-season every year in Guelph. It could become a nice yearly setup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Mmmmmm.....preseason in Guelph every year! ..... but plan it for a Saturday ....and we can Tailgate! ( they have tailgating there .... Had it during all the Ticats games when they played there. )

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Anyone know where training camp and fanday will be held? if it's guelph then I wont be going to fan day. They should keep it at york, last years' fan day was pretty good.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Wait did anyone successfully received a refund instead of a credit? I straight up asked my ticket rep for a refund and was told that wasn’t an option, I’ll be a little perturbed if that wasn’t true (although good for whoever did actually get the difference refunded)

I like where my current seats are, I don’t feel like moving just because the price points have changed. Anyhow I’m tempted to call back if others have got that money refunded, it’s odd to me that they need to essentially hold that overage hostage for a season as our “reward” for renewing early.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Wait did anyone successfully received a refund instead of a credit? I straight up asked my ticket rep for a refund and was told that wasn’t an option, I’ll be a little perturbed if that wasn’t true (although good for whoever did actually get the difference refunded)

I like where my current seats are, I don’t feel like moving just because the price points have changed. Anyhow I’m tempted to call back if others have got that money refunded, it’s odd to me that they need to essentially hold that overage hostage for a season as our “reward” for renewing early.
    some fans on Facebook are saying they got refund and that it depends on the ticket rep.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post

I personally left the credit in my account, but there is no way they wouldn't do a reversal for the amount of the credit on your credit card. Your rep probably misunderstood the options they have.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Yeah I assume the same thing, anyhow I’ll call again and get that done, no harm no foul in the long run.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I personally left the credit in my account, but there is no way they wouldn't do a reversal for the amount of the credit on your credit card. Your rep probably misunderstood the options they have.
    I talked to my ticket rep this morning and was told I will get a credit back on my credit card but it will take a couple of weeks to happen.
    Like many I like where my seats are and will stay where I am.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I spoke to the mlse guy today and I bought a second seat using my credit and paying another $19, so I can bring a friend.

I was Introduced to the CFL and the Argos this way in 2009, hopefully I can do the same for someone else.
    Last edited by BATKINSON001; 04-18-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I spoke with a rep and exchanged a couple emails and he still doesn't seem to get it, or say for sure that I can get a refund. He said he'd call me again this week to talk about it. If refunds are being given, that is what I want. I like my seats and neighbours. Hopefully they don't move !!

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I am in the same boat-- I asked for the refund since I like my seats and felt no need to upgrade or get more seats (for now), and my rep said that it would come "eventually" after they figured things out (he was not exactly clear on this). So it may take some time to show up on my credit card. For now the credit stays in my account, and I suspect that I may have to pursue it. My worry is that they will say something like "yes, you can use your credit, to buy your seasons for next year, or for some fancy new merch."

I also asked about whether or not they will tarp the Upper East, and he said they looked into it and it was too expensive to do, so it will be just a big red blob which is unfortunate to say the least. The capacity with the new North seats is about 19,000, and he said that they would likely open the upper east seats for playoffs. All in all, I am left a little uneasy.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I just had my call with a sales rep. I elected to use the credit on a game-by-game basis to bring friends.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    I just had my call with a sales rep. I elected to use the credit on a game-by-game basis to bring friends.
    That's my plan too.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    Just had my call this morning as well... I asked for a refund and was told that all MLSE were doing currently is upgrading seats or adding additional seats. I was told those that would prefer a refund would be contacted again in about a month. Doesn't seem to be an issue if you want the money back, although they would obviously prefer to hang on to it as a credit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    Just had my call this morning as well... I asked for a refund and was told that all MLSE were doing currently is upgrading seats or adding additional seats. I was told those that would prefer a refund would be contacted again in about a month. Doesn't seem to be an issue if you want the money back, although they would obviously prefer to hang on to it as a credit.
    Reading through this Thread it sounds like different people are being told different things in regards to refunds.