Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

2018 Season Ticket Holder Benefits (Updated)

After the announcement of no tailgaiting, etc., I decided to take a look at the 2018 season ticket holder benefits:

https://www.argonauts.ca/season-tickets-holders/

Of note, the following:

- announcement that the pre-season game will be held in Guelph on Thursday and that STH will receive a credit on their account for this game
    - announcement saying that the Ontario Place parking lot will NOT be available for tailgaiting BUT that The Shipyard will return (beer prices were similar to tailgaiting however, with no tailgaiting is the size of the site adequate to accomodate?)
    - benefits now include a 15% discount on merchandise AT BMO Field -- not sure if the online discount is still available, however, it barely helped to cover the cost of shipping from the website so to me this is valuable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Was an email sent by client services? I didn't get anything. Not even in my spam folders.

Edit: Just got the email.

I noticed the seat ma has changed, and if I'm reading it right, prices have come down significantly. Starting from 159.00. Our section (Gold A) dropped from 699.00 to 408.00.

Didn't use the tailgate myself but sucks for those who do use it. I'm OK with the lower price point to get people in the stands and create a better atmosphere
    Last edited by Mightygoose; 04-09-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    Was an email sent by client services? I didn't get anything. Not even in my spam folders.

Edit: Just for the email

I noticed the seat ma has changed, and if I'm reading it right, prices have come down significantly. Starting from 159.00. Our section (Gold A) dropped from 699.00 to 408.00.

Didn't use the tailgate myself but sucks for those who do use it. I'm OK with the lower price point to get people in the stands and create a better atmosphere
    Nope no email. I only happened to look at the website after someone mentioned that they thought that one of the STH benefits was discounted parking at the tailgates. My price level has also dropped from $399 down to $255 (and I have 2 seats!). Apparently we will be receiving credits on our accounts for the price difference. Personally I will be contacting the Argos to seek a refund -- that amount of money is substantial enough that I am not willing to let the Argos assume that I will be renewing again next year to use the credit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well the price decrease is very significant at least. Our season tickets went from $499 each to $159 each!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I got the email just now. They really need to explain the no tailgating after such constant promotion the last two years. Pre-season game in Guelph. They are closing the upper east grandstand. As we knew already no flex tickets this year. Price reductions on tickets.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Glad to see the price reductions. I was very surprised when they held the line on prices last fall -- it seemed blindingly obvious that with 13,000 fans per game, the market was not ready for the prices they wished to charge. At first glance the pricing map looks significantly different than before, and the reductions seem to vary pretty widely from one point to another. (Mine seem to be reduced by about $138 apiece). But all in I think this is a good (and necessary) step to rebuild crowds.

As for tailgating, it seems to have drawn maybe a couple of hundred people per game, at most, and it was the primary selling point of the now-departed Copeland/Moore regime, so it's not a big surprise that it's gone. Fortunately the Shipyard continues and hopefully it will grow in size and attendance.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:

Level
    They better increase the size of the shipyard with more beer stations. It was hard enough at times getting a beer there. If Tailgaters come over it will crowded

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    They better increase the size of the shipyard with more beer stations. It was hard enough at times getting a beer there. If Tailgaters come over it will crowded
    I'm sure MLSE will increase the number of beer stations and the price of the beer at those stations.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Not sure how they can force us to take a credit. That's almost $500 in my account for the pair I own. I'll take the money now and renew with new funds next year, thank you. I looked at the map tonight to see where I could upgrade if neccessary, but entire sections are now blocked out and there is only around 100 tickets available now. They must be carefully jockeying everyone around before releasing seats back to the public.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Since anyone purchasing ST's now, would pay the new reduced price, it seems inconceivable that management, if requested, wouldn't give a refund to present STH's. To do otherwise, would discriminate against present STH's.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Since anyone purchasing ST's now, would pay the new reduced price, it seems inconceivable that management, if requested, wouldn't give a refund to present STH's. To do otherwise, would discriminate against present STH's.
    Well we'll find out as I want a credit to my credit card too.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:

Level
    I like the 15% off of merch in stadium. Finally!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    After the announcement of no tailgaiting, etc., I decided to take a look at the 2018 season ticket holder benefits:

https://www.argonauts.ca/season-tickets-holders/

Of note, the following:

- announcement that the pre-season game will be held in Guelph on Thursday and that STH will receive a credit on their account for this game
    - announcement saying that the Ontario Place parking lot will NOT be available for tailgaiting BUT that The Shipyard will return (beer prices were similar to tailgaiting however, with no tailgaiting is the size of the site adequate to accomodate?)
    - benefits now include a 15% discount on merchandise AT BMO Field -- not sure if the online discount is still available, however, it barely helped to cover the cost of shipping from the website so to me this is valuable.
    MLSE is used to telling their fans "this is the way its going to be and you're going to like it". I wouldn't mine a few "why we did this or that" once in a while.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:

Level
    Got the email with my "Upgrade Appointment" time for tomorrow afternoon...
    Says I can use the extra money to "upgrade your seats - or purchase additional seats!"
    But no mention of refund.
    Hmm....?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Also just got notice. Interesting to note wording. "You have a credit to your account. You can use the credit to upgrade or purchase additional seats" There is no mention that I have the right to a refund. So it appears that anyone buying seasons tickets now, will pay the reduced price but those who have been long standing STH's will not have the right to a refund. Seems to discriminates against present STH's.

I look forward to speaking to the rep who calls. I suspect that present STH's are going to ask some very pointed questions. If no refund is offered there are going to be a number of unhappy STH's. Hopefully refunds will be offered because if not, it appears management is going to upset a lot of us.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Also just got notice. Interesting to note wording. "You have a credit to your account. You can use the credit to upgrade or purchase additional seats" There is no mention that I have the right to a refund. So it appears that anyone buying seasons tickets now, will pay the reduced price but those who have been long standing STH's will not have the right to a refund. Seems to discriminates against present STH's.

I look forward to speaking to the rep who calls. I suspect that present STH's are going to ask some very pointed questions. If no refund is offered there are going to be a number of unhappy STH's. Hopefully refunds will be offered because if not, it appears management is going to upset a lot of us.
    Wouldn’t be the first time.
    I talked to the Argos this morning for some clarification , I have just under $500.00 credit on my account.
    They seem to be encouraging upgrading seats but TBH I’m happy where I sit and don’t want to get trapped in higher priced seats when they decide to hike their prices.
    They skirted my question about a refund on my credit card?
    To be continued.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    As a 20+ year season ticket holder, not sure what to make of this latest.
    Of course, reducing the seats is a good thing as it was done when the soccer team was struggling as well.
    Hopefully that may entice some band wagon jumpers who are looking for a cheap night out/date?
    But, the reduction yet again of the seating at BMO, similar to what they did at the dome, not sure about that one.
    I have often said as well as my fellow season ticket neighbours, how the upper side should be filled free of charge with school age children.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Wouldn’t be the first time.
    I talked to the Argos this morning for some clarification , I have just under $500.00 credit on my account.
    They seem to be encouraging upgrading seats but TBH I’m happy where I sit and don’t want to get trapped in higher priced seats when they decide to hike their prices.
    They skirted my question about a refund on my credit card?
    To be continued.
    With credit from the pre-season to be added, you'll be over $500 like myself. As a new ST holder this year, I refuse to be punished for buying early. I will not settle until a refund on my credit card. $500 is too much to leave in trust. Money I could use towards merchandise, parking or even paying off said credit card. Life can change in an instant and I am not prepared to commit to next year without this season even starting.

On a positive note, I feel my silver seats, behind the Argos bench, across the isle from gold, are the best value in the league. I will not hesitate to renew as long as the schedule allows and life lets me.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 04-10-2018 at 08:02 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    With credit from the pre-season to be added, you'll be over $500 like myself. As a new ST holder this year, I refuse to be punished for buying early. I will not settle until a refund on my credit card. $500 is too much to leave in trust. Money I could use towards merchandise, parking or even paying off said credit card. Life can change in an instant and I am not prepared to commit to next year without this season even starting.

On a positive not, I feel my silver seats, behind the Argos bench, across the isle from gold, are the best value in the league. I will not hesitate to renew as long as the schedule allows and life lets me.
    Agreed 100% on all your points.
    Last edited by Argo57; 04-10-2018 at 08:54 PM.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    But, the reduction yet again of the seating at BMO, similar to what they did at the dome, not sure about that one.
    I have often said as well as my fellow season ticket neighbours, how the upper side should be filled free of charge with school age children.
    I will take it for what it is. Hopefully we can fill the house, and slowly they can start opening some more seating due to demand. I didn't like the idea at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.
    It's us vs the rest of the country