Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I will take it for what it is. Hopefully we can fill the house, and slowly they can start opening some more seating due to demand. I didn't like the idea at first, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.
    My understanding is that they won't start selling those seats until they sell all others. Makes sense to me.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

New Fan
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I'm in the same "boat" as others have mentioned and will have a substantial credit on my account. I'm not a wealthy guy in the slightest and that money could go a fair way towards not only Argo related activities but life in general. I doubt MLSE will be open to paying me interest on that money in the same way visa is willing to charge it. If they are unwilling to refund/wanna play games then I will simply cancel my seasons and then re-purchase at the reduced price, problem solved.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Just received my call from a very pleasant and co-operative Argo rep. There was no objection to my request to receive a refund rather than using the money to upgrade or purchase additional tickets. The money ($676) will be credit to my credit card sometime in the near future. It should be noted that the refund included the loss of exhibition game at BMO.

I explained that I would have considered utilizing the credit to purchase additional tickets, if they had not cancelled the tailgating. My reasoning being, that the tickets would have been purchased for my family and tailgating was a real attraction for my family. So the cancellation of the tailgating cost the team any additional tickets, I might have considered purchasing with the credit.

I realize that others have little objection to the cancellation of tailgating and probably won't agree wit my thinking but we all have to make decisions based on our own interests.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Just received my call from a very pleasant and co-operative Argo rep. There was no objection to my request to receive a refund rather than using the money to upgrade or purchase additional tickets. The money ($676) will be credit to my credit card sometime in the near future. It should be noted that the refund included the loss of exhibition game at BMO.

I explained that I would have considered utilizing the credit to purchase additional tickets, if they had not cancelled the tailgating. My reasoning being, that the tickets would have been purchased for my family and tailgating was a real attraction for my family. So the cancellation of the tailgating cost the team any additional tickets, I might have considered purchasing with the credit.

I realize that others have little objection to the cancellation of tailgating and probably won't agree wit my thinking but we all have to make decisions based on our own interests.
    Whatever floats your boat is great.

I just find it funny'ish that you decided to tell them that if they didn't cancel tailgating you "might" have used an unforeseen credit to buy more tickets. Thus implying what they already knew ... being ... the tailgate was not a "spend your $$$" attraction for you (or most fans) to buy those extra tickets in the first place.

New Fan
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Very good, I'm with you on that 100% and will be passing on the same sentiment.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

I'll be taking the refund too and will also let them know that it's due to them cancelling the Tailgates.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    My guess is that the Argos will end up gaining far more fans through the price decreases than they will lose through the cessation of tailgating.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    My guess is that the Argos will end up gaining far more fans through the price decreases than they will lose through the cessation of tailgating.
    I hope so.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    As someone who has been critical of Copeland and Manning I will give credit where it is due; Great job lowering ticket prices for STH significantly. Thank you. Keep the single seats just as low as there are only 3600 STH. The single game seats need to stay low for the new fan. As one who only attended the tailgate at the Eastern Final I am disappointed it isn't being continued as it was another way for fans to gather and get hyped pre game. Glad to hear that some type of shipyard experience will take it's place so will eagerly await more details there. I am one who only needs the football game to make me happy. However for the Argos to attract and retain new fans they need to have as much going on pre game in game and post game as possible to capture the imaginations of today's fan and get them off the couch and into the stadium. Please keep Pinball as involved as he wishes to be in the selling and developing of the Argo brand.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    As someone who has been critical of Copeland and Manning I will give credit where it is due; Great job lowering ticket prices for STH significantly. Thank you. Keep the single seats just as low as there are only 3600 STH. The single game seats need to stay low for the new fan. As one who only attended the tailgate at the Eastern Final I am disappointed it isn't being continued as it was another way for fans to gather and get hyped pre game. Glad to hear that some type of shipyard experience will take it's place so will eagerly await more details there. I am one who only needs the football game to make me happy. However for the Argos to attract and retain new fans they need to have as much going on pre game in game and post game as possible to capture the imaginations of today's fan and get them off the couch and into the stadium. Please keep Pinball as involved as he wishes to be in the selling and developing of the Argo brand.
    Not sure why you're giving Copeland any credit, 2 years of him as President and nothing changed. 4 months in and Manning/MLSE have made a bunch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I sincerely hope Ravi is correct that the price reduction results in greater attendance. Present STH's were offered a) credit for upgrade b)credit to purchase more tickets or c) a refund. It will be interesting to see how many chose which option. My gut tells me, an overwhelming number will chose the refund. If that is the case, the organization will have lost a fair amount of money but hopefully they will make it up through increased general attendance and new STH's.

The real push will be to attract new STH's, with the new reduced pricing, hopefully inducing many new folks to buy season tickets. If the team has a winning season, there is no reason why people wont be buying tickets for specific games. The playoff game last year had an attendance fractionally short of 25,000. That is a lofty goal but it demonstrates there is interest out there and that is what management should be aiming for. A bit optimistic but there is always hope.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I sincerely hope Ravi is correct that the price reduction results in greater attendance. Present STH's were offered a) credit for upgrade b)credit to purchase more tickets or c) a refund. It will be interesting to see how many chose which option. My gut tells me, an overwhelming number will chose the refund. If that is the case, the organization will have lost a fair amount of money but hopefully they will make it up through increased general attendance and new STH's.

The real push will be to attract new STH's, with the new reduced pricing, hopefully inducing many new folks to buy season tickets. If the team has a winning season, there is no reason why people wont be buying tickets for specific games. The playoff game last year had an attendance fractionally short of 25,000. That is a lofty goal but it demonstrates there is interest out there and that is what management should be aiming for. A bit optimistic but there is always hope.
    3600 ST times an average of $250 refund per ticket equals $900 000. Not everyone will ask for a refund though. I'm guessing half. So they will lose out on $450 000. New ST sales and no tailgate costs should help. I'm sure MLSE made all the calculations before deciding. As I said earlier $255 or $24 a game for my seat is unbelievable. I hope to never give them up at that price.

Boatman
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    According to Naylor, they were at about 4200 prior to the announcement of the reduced pricing. Renewals are at about 80% of 3600. My guess is with the new pricing structure they will get a good chunk of that remaining 20% back which will put them close to 5k in seasons.

This is where the real advantage of being owned by a company like MLSE comes in after these relocation appointments are done they will most likely do a campaign to anyone who has purchased season tickets in the passed to get them back. Then you have a database now of anyone who has purchased a season ticket, half season and mini packs with the Leafs, Raptors, Marlies, TFC (although I suspect they will tread lightly with TFC fans) You basically have reach now with almost every single person who purchases a ticket for sports entertainment in the city.

It's an exciting time and I think you will see them get 15 to 18k a game in house like Manning said with a couple games hitting 20k

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Not sure why you're giving Copeland any credit, 2 years of him as President and nothing changed. 4 months in and Manning/MLSE have made a bunch.
    I don't give him much credit other than establishing a tailgate and shipyard in year one and having a great opening day in 2016. Other than that he scaled everything back rather than building on anything and he overcharged the loyal existing fanbase for their seats and the Grey Cup game. The bottom line is he did not increase attendance from what was had at Skydome and he did not move the needle in terms of Toronto's awareness of the Argonauts. We have really lost 2 years and as a result Manning now is taking a slow, deliberate approach to the business side of things which is really too bad because the team is damn good and could repeat as champions and the full force and might of MLSE looks like it will be held back from selling all things Argo to the city. Where they can have a big impact in lieu of spending a ton on marketing IMO is media. This is a good team worth talking about. Have TSN and Rogers spend time and money covering the team on all of their platforms. Just having them discussed on a daily basis as are the Jays, Leafs, Raptors will create a ton of interest and build credibility. And there should be alot to discuss this season. If this media shift can happen that will immediately improve ticket buying from the general public.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Decided to call the team today instead of waiting for my appointment to see if I could maybe upgrade, nothing really available that I wanted so stayed put, and asked the team to keep the credit (over $600). Just in case something opens up later on, and besides that I'll be back next season anyways.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Ditto for me, just got a call from the rep with the same $676.00 credit.
    I have not decided whether to move up, leave on credit or whether a refund will be made to my credit card.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I have no interest in entering a battle of opinions but with great respect, it appears that Ron did not fully comprehend the rational for not to using the credit to buy more tickets, so I'll take the responsibility, that I obviously did not explain it well enough.

Last year on many occasions, we took several members of the family down to the tailgating, which meant purchasing additional tickets to the games. During the year we probably bought an extra couple of dozen ticket for the family. The kids (mostly teenagers) loved the tailgating and we all found it to be a great family event. So in our case, yes the tailgating was an important aspect in the decision of whether to use the credit for additional tickets or not.

I can't speak for other fans but the cancelling of the tailgating did have an impact of the decision. Having been a STH for well over a half a century, I make decisions of when to buy extra tickets based on the interest shown by my family. Tailgating was important to them and thus the decision was to take the refund, rather than purchase additional tickets.

I realize the comment "whatever floats your boat is great" was said in humour but can I appeal to all, to try to keep our differences of opinions as cordial, positive and pleasant as possible. We can have completely different opinions on issues but still respect the individual's right to that opinion

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have no interest in entering a battle of opinions but with great respect, it appears that Ron did not fully comprehend the rational for not to using the credit to buy more tickets, so I'll take the responsibility, that I obviously did not explain it well enough.

Last year on many occasions, we took several members of the family down to the tailgating, which meant purchasing additional tickets to the games. During the year we probably bought an extra couple of dozen ticket for the family. The kids (mostly teenagers) loved the tailgating and we all found it to be a great family event. So in our case, yes the tailgating was an important aspect in the decision of whether to use the credit for additional tickets or not.

I can't speak for other fans but the cancelling of the tailgating did have an impact of the decision. Having been a STH for well over a half a century, I make decisions of when to buy extra tickets based on the interest shown by my family. Tailgating was important to them and thus the decision was to take the refund, rather than purchase additional tickets.

I realize the comment "whatever floats your boat is great" was said in humour but can I appeal to all, to try to keep our differences of opinions as cordial, positive and pleasant as possible. We can have completely different opinions on issues but still respect the individual's right to that opinion
    Bottom line is do what is best for you and your family, shouldn’t be up for debate.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level

No battle. Not even a difference of opinion. (I'd take the refund in a heartbeat) Your original post had a lot of "Might" in it but this one had a lot of "Did actually buy a lot" in it. If I misunderstood that's my bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:

Level
    Got the email today for the pre season game in Guelph. 20.00 general admission and 10.00 for students. If it wasn't a Thursday, I'd go for sure at that price.

https://mailchi.mp/493e571e4007/pres...w?e=d6b76e9434

In the ticket order page via U of Guelph the header says

Join us as the Toronto Argonauts take their pre season on the road for an inaugural game here in Guelph at Alumni Stadium!

Will this be the case every year going forward. To bad they couldn't get Varsity even with a 4200 ST base they'll fill it at the above price-point