Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Kardinal Offishall will perform during half-time Argo home game on August 2

Rapper Kardinal Offishall will perform at the Argos August 2nd home game against the Ottawa RedBlacks. He may not be the typical older Argo fan's favourite but if he pulls in younger fans to see the game, hopefully some of them will come back. As a card-carrying member of geezerville, I say great.

Kardinal Offishall, for the past two decades, has become a highly regarded rapper and record producer recognized for spearheading the Canadian hip-hop music scene. Since the late 2000’s he’s claimed the international music stage with features on hit records such as Akon’s “Beautiful”, Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance” and his own single “Dangerous”,which peaked #5 on the Billboard Hot 100, making him the first rapper in Canadian history to do so.
    Kardinal has been nominated for 15 Juno Awards, and is a multiple ASCAP Award and SocanAward winner. Kardinal is one of the hardest working men in the business and never stops working to perfect his craft as an artist, performer, entertainer, and businessman. The Toronto-bred star has criss-crossed the globe performing in some of the most prestigious stadiums, arenas, and festivals, giving his fans the ultimate high energy, mash-up performance.
    https://www.argonauts.ca/2018/06/05/...ll-august-2nd/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Have experienced half time concert promotions many times over the years and normally enjoyed them. However, the past, shows us that they make very little difference to overall attendance in the long run. But--good to see the organization willing to put up good money for the fans' enjoyment.
    Pity they couldn't have spent some of that money on continuing the tailgating.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Have experienced half time concert promotions many times over the years and normally enjoyed them. However, the past, shows us that they make very little difference to overall attendance in the long run. But--good to see the organization willing to put up good money for the fans' enjoyment.
    CFL ANNOUNCES THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL CONCERT SERIES FOR 2018 SEASON
    EACH TEAM WILL HOST A TOP ARTIST DURING A HOME THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 — TORONTO (June 5, 2018) – The Canadian Football League (CFL) in partnership with Universal Music Canada and Apple Music announced that a top artist will perform at each team’s first home Thursday night game in 2018 as part of Thursday Night Football.

“By launching a Thursday Night Football Concert Series this season we are bringing more value to our game days across the country,” said CFL Chief Marketing, Digital and Strategy Officer Christina Litz. “Adding these talented artists to the summer portion of the schedule on Thursday evenings brings a special atmosphere and energy to Thursday Night Football.”

The CFL season kickoff between the Edmonton Eskimos and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Thursday, June 14 will premiere the first Thursday Night concert with Canadian Country duo ‘The Reklaws’. See below for the entire Thursday Night Football Concert Series lineup:

“Live music, like a touchdown, can bring a crowd to its feet. We can’t wait to build on that home game exhilaration with performances from an incredible line-up of artists this season,” said Kristen Burke, Executive Vice President and General Manager at Universal Music Canada.

Fans can find additonal information and purchase tickets for Thursday Night Football Concert Series games by visiting www.cfl.ca/tnf.

The CFL is thrilled to now be featured as a Curator on Apple Music. Fans can find a number of CFL playlists on Apple Music, which will be updated monthly. These playlists are created for fans, and feature the latest (or most requested) game day tracks to get you amped for the 2018 CFL season. The CFL Curator Station features team-specific playlists, a workout playlist “The Grind” created by Brodie Lawson, and a Thursday Night Football playlist, featuring all artists performing at the Thursday Night Football Concert Series. Visit AppleMusic.com/CFL for your listening pleasure.

In May, the CFL and TSN announced that ‘The Reklaws’ will headline the new Thursday Night Football opening intro song to CFL on TSN. ‘The Reklaws’ will also be the halftime performance act at the 2018 CFL Kickoff game in Winnipeg on June 14.

Thursday Night Football Concert Series Artists:

Kardinal Offishall | August 2 | Toronto

For the past two decades Kardinal Offishall has become a highly regarded rapper and record producer recognized for spearheading the Canadian hip-hop music scene. Since the late 2000’s he’s claimed the international music stage with features on hit records such as Akon’s “Beautiful”, Lady Gaga’s “Just Dance” and his own single “Dangerous”, which peaked at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100, making him the first rapper in Canadian history to do so.

Kardinal has been nominated for 15 Juno Awards, and is a multiple ASCAP Award and SocanAward winner. Kardinal is one of the hardest working men in the business and never stops working to perfect his craft as an artist, performer, entertainer, and businessman. The Toronto bred star has criss-crossed the globe performing in some of the most prestigious stadiums, arenas, and festivals, giving his fans the ultimate high energy, mash-up performance.

Banned
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Wasn't Kardinal at the Shipyards last year or was it the year before?
    I know it was terrible (in my opinion) but if it brings in the millenials. I remember the Black Eyed Peas at the Edmonton GC a few years ago, had to be the worst performance ever at a GC

New Fan
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    I haven't heard of any of these guys. Are they any good?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    As a card-carrying member of geezerville, I say great.
    Is your card printed on papyrus or did you get the stone tablet version like I did? As for the concert series I think it would have a more lasting effect if Kardinal went door to door selling tickets rather than a one off halftime show.

Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutie View Post
    Wasn't Kardinal at the Shipyards last year or was it the year before?
    I know it was terrible (in my opinion) but if it brings in the millenials. I remember the Black Eyed Peas at the Edmonton GC a few years ago, had to be the worst performance ever at a GC
    Not sure if those who were big into hip hop from the late 90's to early 2000s are considered millennials?

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:

Level
    I heard the Reklaws Thursday Night Football theme and it wasn't bad, and I detest country "music" Interestingly, for my fellow geezers, Reklaw is Walker spelled backwards (the family name of the brother and sister duo). I somehow figured that out on my own : )

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Rapper Kardinal Offishall will perform at the Argos August 2nd home game against the Ottawa RedBlacks. He may not be the typical older Argo fan's favourite but if he pulls in younger fans to see the game, hopefully some of them will come back. As a card-carrying member of geezerville, I say great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    The reason I used the word "hopefully", was that I was trying to be as optimistic as possible. When it comes to attendance, the Argos need all the optimism they can get.