Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level

Winter Tire Tailgate Promo from last season

If there is anyone here that won the Tailgater of the Game as part of a promo from last season that has yet to receive your prize of a set of 4 new winter tires, please PM me. I want to hear from you and your story.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It certainly looks bad that you have been unable to claim your prize as of yet, especially given the fact that the immediate period to use said prize has passed.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    You don't know the half of it Don but thanks for your support.

It is not just me they're ignoring, they are also turning away from another STH who has been way more patient than I given he won his prize A YEAR AGO!

I have sent countless emails to the team many outright ignored including one to someone that has posted here at argofans and has a reputation with all of us (myself included) for keeping up good communication with STHs.

MSLE claim that only the two of us have yet to get our prize, but I find hard to believe. My counterpart and member of this forum won in July, I in October. Why would Sailun start a new promo off by not giving away the first prize and near last prize but provide it for everyone else in between?So if you are impacted as well, please reach out. I am happy to advocate for you and in a small way, show MLSE that STHs should be valued and not blatantly ignored or made to prostrate themselves to gain something unsolicited.

Rant: After this debacle, hastily assembled town halls, cancelled tailgates, cancelled focus groups called off because the organizers admitted they were unprepared and ST refunds taking weeks to process for reasons unknown, my faith in the admin of the team (I only speak for myself here), is shaken and the trust is gone. I still love the team.

Below is some copy from an email I sent to team management on May 29 that was and continues not to be acknowledged by MLSE. Yes it was sent in anger and yes I bore my heart on my sleeve. But imagine an institution that you love ignoring you, being evasive and calling you for money not being aware a situation was ongoing how would you feel? Angry, frustrated & hurt? Well MY team, OUR team, is doing this to me and worse someone else who I think is a bigger fan than I. When I heard his story, I felt worse for him and couldn't let it stand.

I know you're in a new role now and don't really deal with this stuff but not sure who to turn to. I have shaken your hand in the past and that means a lot to me so apologies you're in the crucible here.

I want you to know that my team, the only one in this country I care about, is pissing off and making feel ashamed & embarrassed TWO season ticket holders by not responding to countless emails sent to the Argos attempting to bring to a close that winter tire tailgate promo from last year.

On behalf of myself and fellow STH X, I have sent countless numbers of emails to my rep X (who periodically responds but can't resolve) and more recently to X (who apparently can resolve but doesn't respond) to put this issue to rest. I shouldn't have to beg to get something that you guys offered to me but it has been this way since OCTOBER. I apprised you once of this situation late last year as you will recall and even your instructions by your colleagues was and is continuing to be ignored.

I find it amazing and heartbreaking that the team appears to have no shame and is perfectly willing to let this situation fester in perpetuity. I don't exactly know how long its been for XXXXXX but this issue brought us together on Argofans.com around November so I know its been at least that long for him.

I have acted as an ambassador for this team, sold tickets for this team and at every possible instance worn the team's colours proudly showing everyone what the Argos mean to me. But now I am contemplating telling you guys f you, return my season's investment and look to see me no more at BMO. I will gladly sit at home and watch the TEAM so as not to give the organization any more of my time and treasure.

You guys want asses in seats, well the Argos actions in this case are jeopardizing this one and those of my seat mates, STHs all. The two newest ones, having joined the group recently, are pretty shocked that the team appears to be OK in treating a 20-year+ supporter this way.

What pains me about all this is the
    juxtaposition
    between this sad situation and two events that happened to me recently.

I just moved to a new town and hanging proudly on the outside of my house is a "Argo Fans Only" parking sign. A guy walking by came up to me and asked me if I was the Argos fan to which I responded in the affirmative. He stated he and another pal watch the games on TV and that he was happy that I could add to their group. As he said: "There are not too many CFL fans around here". If he had asked me last year I would have exhorted him to watch the games at my place or joined our tailgate crew, revel in sitting in my $400 Argos
    deck chair and watch the games on my patio. Instead, I declined to offer any of that and expressed only passive interest in joining his crew. Afterwards, I felt ashamed because I had acted and felt as I never had before when it came to the Argos. My team is making me feel like I am in the wrong when I know I am not.

Last night, for the first time, my 3-year old son (whose name my now one ticket is in to start a lifelong STH legacy) wore the
    Argos
    jersey I got him for his birthday for the first time. He had it on when I arrived home when he ran up to me and said "look Daddy I am wearing my jersey and I want to go to the football game." You know something XXXX, I want him to go too and that was the plan. However, it would appear that the Argos don't want to be part of my present, but more importantly, HIS future. Given what I see in the stands every game, you need my son.

And so on....
    It's just very sad and sorry everyone who cared to read.

The part you didn't read is where I asked for goodwill (bribes) over and above the tires which I freely admit. I continue to give them a path to make things right because its apparently up to me, one little guy vs a big professional ORG like MLSE to show them. To his credit, the other fellow did not stoop to my level. Cudos to you sir, you know who you are.

Anyhow, yesterday, we finally did get a call but not because of this tersely worded email, but because of 3 messages since still seeking answers.

During the call:
    • no acknowledgement of our prior correspondence
    • we were made to repeat our story and circumstances something we have both already done countless times by email individually making us feel rather sheepish
    • we were given vague assurances that it would be taken care of and soon. (Well we both had been told that before. In fact, on one occasion I was informed that my tires were "on their way" even though no one ever reached out to confirm what vehicle I drove, was it a truck or car tire which seemed rather prescient based on the structure of Sailun's website and what size I needed. I was just getting some tires, maybe they'll fit, maybe they won't.)
    • a promise of same day phone call with update (never received).

And here we are. Sorry again guys, see you all at the game Saturday. Can't wait.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    You don't know the half of it Don but thanks for your support.

And here we are. Sorry again guys, see you all at the game Saturday. Can't wait.

You're not the one who should be sorry.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Hey everyone, yeah this has been an absolute debacle and we only got a phone call yesterday thanks to Matthew's persistence, which sadly just led to rehashing out current status, etc. Pretty pathetic to say the least, I "won" at the June 30th game last season lol, coming up on my one year anniversary. So when we are told that we're the only two that are in this situation, I'm more likely to believe that none of the "winners" have received anything given my game was the second of last season. Anyhow, pretty pathetic and again thanks again to Matthew for taking the lead and driving forward on this, it's just so sad that we're basically down to almost begging for the "prizes" we were awarded last year. Why was Sailun allowed to run a competition that they apparently had no intention of following through on? Why has the team allowed them the platform to advertise their products again this year given their blow-off of us from last year? truly pathetic. Anyhow, enough ranting on this but it's just pathetic.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Maybe you guys should reach out to someone like Sean O'Shea at Global TV and tell them your story. I find that satisfactory resolutions suddenly happen when the story hits the airwaves.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    ^ Hi "Matthew" -

I feel your pain -- I am having my own back and forth with the Argos to rectify certain issues, and at this point they have stopped responding altogether, without having rectified the problem which still exists for Saturday's game which is now only two days away.....I have appealed to them from a financial standpoint (hey you need people like us who are committed to your product even when almost no one else is), an emotional one (I want to make the game a part of an important family experience), a practical one (what you're doing simply is wrong and needs to be fixed as promises have been made by your organization which were simply not kept or followed through on)......and now it's simply silence.....frankly I'm more sad than mad at this point, and soon I simply won't care - and believe me APATHY is the worst thing to happen, as people will eventually tune out your product (as most already have in terms of stadium attendance) - just like the Jays this year, on TV numbers are way down, and at the box office in droves.....but the Jays at least know that winning would bring people and eyeballs back, the Argos have that much more work to do as even a Championship team, and cut prices isn't making them line up at the gates.....

You'd think you would try harder to "make things right" with someone in Matthew's situation (hey how about tickets in a box for him and his kid for the opener to say "sorry, and thanks for supporting us", send the kid a "Jason" Argonauts doll, have the kid meet a player before/after the game on the field - is it really that hard to come up with this stuff to create "goodwill" - isn't one of the charms of the CFL the accessibility of the players?!) --- is it just me or should there not be giveaways advertised for kids for every game? people line up for hours for a jays bobblehead - why not guarantee one for every kid that comes through the gate (you can buy up to two $5 kid tickets and you get a bobblehead for every adult full priced ticket purchased?) give a kid a t-shirt? a hat? --- I admit that I would like a ring to stick on a shelf in my office, but no one is wearing that thing outside and advertising your brand - give a kid a t-shirt or a hat and they will advertise your product freely........

Sorry Matthew --- I went off on a rant again --- but just know that others feel your pain and empathize with your struggles.......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Have you tried reaching out to Bill Manning or the League office?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I just don’t understand it. Well let me know if I can help in any way!

Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    ^ Hi "Matthew" -

I feel your pain -- I am having my own back and forth with the Argos to rectify certain issues, and at this point they have stopped responding altogether, without having rectified the problem which still exists for Saturday's game which is now only two days away.....I have appealed to them from a financial standpoint (hey you need people like us who are committed to your product even when almost no one else is), an emotional one (I want to make the game a part of an important family experience), a practical one (what you're doing simply is wrong and needs to be fixed as promises have been made by your organization which were simply not kept or followed through on)......and now it's simply silence.....frankly I'm more sad than mad at this point, and soon I simply won't care - and believe me APATHY is the worst thing to happen, as people will eventually tune out your product (as most already have in terms of stadium attendance) - just like the Jays this year, on TV numbers are way down, and at the box office in droves.....but the Jays at least know that winning would bring people and eyeballs back, the Argos have that much more work to do as even a Championship team, and cut prices isn't making them line up at the gates.....

You'd think you would try harder to "make things right" with someone in Matthew's situation (hey how about tickets in a box for him and his kid for the opener to say "sorry, and thanks for supporting us", send the kid a "Jason" Argonauts doll, have the kid meet a player before/after the game on the field - is it really that hard to come up with this stuff to create "goodwill" - isn't one of the charms of the CFL the accessibility of the players?!) --- is it just me or should there not be giveaways advertised for kids for every game? people line up for hours for a jays bobblehead - why not guarantee one for every kid that comes through the gate (you can buy up to two $5 kid tickets and you get a bobblehead for every adult full priced ticket purchased?) give a kid a t-shirt? a hat? --- I admit that I would like a ring to stick on a shelf in my office, but no one is wearing that thing outside and advertising your brand - give a kid a t-shirt or a hat and they will advertise your product freely........

Sorry Matthew --- I went off on a rant again --- but just know that others feel your pain and empathize with your struggles.......

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Trying to keep this among “friends” for now. And as a promo unique to Argos, not sure if they would assist anyway.

New Fan
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:

Level
    Count me in as a winner still in limbo.

I've honestly forgotten about the situation until I saw this thread. It's ridiculous, embarrassing and mainly - confusing. An entity as powerful and wealthy as MSLE cannot seem to find a way to make amends here. Why? Regardless of where the fault lies, simply take care of your customer (deliver on your promises) and deal with the financial repercussions offline. At the VERY least, communicate something to your customer. Give them some indication that a plan went awry and there is a plan in place. OR, just come clean and say sorry, this promotion was run in error and no items will be issued at this time. Either way - closure.

I understand that those of us involved are winners of a contest and didn't necessarily earn anything, but you simply cannot run a professional organization of any kind, launch a promotion and not deliver. I'll assume this type of thing is unheard of in Leaf Land.

MLSE is responsible and needs to be held accountable. Any other result is simply inexcusable.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    West Coast, shoot me your contact info if you wish to join our "class-action" here.

I am escalating this to management above the person that called us because your post confirms Mike & I's suspicion that we were lied to about how many of us there are waiting for their prize.

This has gone from laughable to pathetic to outright malicious and crooked in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by West Coast Boatman View Post
    Count me in as a winner still in limbo.

I've honestly forgotten about the situation until I saw this thread. It's ridiculous, embarrassing and mainly - confusing. An entity as powerful and wealthy as MSLE cannot seem to find a way to make amends here. Why? Regardless of where the fault lies, simply take care of your customer (deliver on your promises) and deal with the financial repercussions offline. At the VERY least, communicate something to your customer. Give them some indication that a plan went awry and there is a plan in place. OR, just come clean and say sorry, this promotion was run in error and no items will be issued at this time. Either way - closure.

I understand that those of us involved are winners of a contest and didn't necessarily earn anything, but you simply cannot run a professional organization of any kind, launch a promotion and not deliver. I'll assume this type of thing is unheard of in Leaf Land.

MLSE is responsible and needs to be held accountable. Any other result is simply inexcusable.
    Last edited by matthew; 06-22-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    “A Contest With Missing Prizes” Argonauts super fans are in limbo, due to a change of ownership. NAME thought he won the grand prize during the Argonauts successful tailgate last season,,,,

Such an easy article to write. Contact the Papers man.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    West coast you need to reach out to me. I can bring closure to this for you with a person to contact.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Hey everyone!

looks like matters are being brought to their rightful and merciful close on this promo. When I get word of rubber hitting road, I will confirm. In meantime, thanks for encouragement and support!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Hey everyone!

looks like matters are being brought to their rightful and merciful close on this promo. When I get word of rubber hitting road, I will confirm. In meantime, thanks for encouragement and support!
    Thanks for all the work you have done on this issue.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    Yeah matthew deserves credit for driving this to its conclusion, but like he said above, it appears that we’ve found an ending finally.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Ok hopefully last update gang.

I have now spoken with a representative from Sailun & MLSE and it is apparent that the misunderstanding surrounding this promo is wholly on MLSE's part with Sailun having no culpability whatsoever.

Now that this is clear (because it was not before), I will take this time to apologize to the folks at Sailun for any venom directed at them as they appear to be very genuine in their desire to look after us fans and be a good marketing partner with the team we all care a great deal about. They also assure me that steps are being put in place to see that this unfortunate situation is not repeated.

I will also confirm that the rep from MLSE I just spoke with was very apologetic and seemed genuine in his desire to bring this matter to an amicable close.

Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by matthew; 06-28-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Good to hear.

I am so much not impressed with MLSE.
    Bad communication. Disorganization.
    Not confidence inspiring from supposedly such a strong organization.