Quote Originally Posted by Antwon View Post
I'm almost ready to give up on the Argos in Toronto.
They are now under the powerful MLSE and have a long term vision to rebuild the brand.
Top notch facility at BMO.
Top quality GM and head coach.

I felt the next step is to make BMO a tough place to play for visiting teams. And competitive games to engage the fans.

Then the team goes out and craps the bed in the home opener! All the money and marketing in the world cannot sell a bad team that can't compete.
The players and coaches embarrassed the organization.
I know it's a long season, but if you start the season bad, you don't give people a reason to come down to a game.

My hope is that the bye week is at a good time regroup.
Franklin will no doubt be getting the next few starts, so with extra time with the first string reps in practice, maybe it will spark the offence.
Hopefully Trestman reviews the offence game plan, and realizes that most defenses can shut down a check down offence that does not go deep.
The pressure is on because Ham & Ott are better this year.
Argos rebuild is to take 10 years according to Manning. This was the first home opener under MLSE. I wouldn't push the panic button yet. Football wise, the game was disappointing. From a off the field perspective, how does this differ from any other football game/home opener, with exception that no music was provided like 2 years ago. For me, its like no other game, city, etc. And we already had a larger crowd than last season. That's at least a positive step forward.