Reply to Thread
    New Fan
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Cover up the empty upper deck with tarps or something

The optics are terrible with all those empty seats. Must be something they can do if they can't find a tarp big enough. Put a bunch of tarps together or cover each section individually maybe. Look at Oakland's Mount Davis - always empty & has a tarp on each section. Looks better than empty seats.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Agreed. The idea to close those sections is a good one, tightening up the crowd makes it a lot better, but the empty seats don't look that good even though I sort of forgot about them after a quarter or two. I wonder what happened to these tarps here? They would work perfectly

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...n_Falieres.jpg

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    If they keep rebuilding the season ticket base and attendance then they'll re-open the upper east side, so there's no need for a tarp. The better optics of the lower East more than offer it.

I was more bothered by the North end zone bleachers. It will show more on TV. Putting the band there is a good use of space.

But it takes away a place to hang out and watch the game along the rail. When my son is getting ornary and can't sit still, that's our place to move about....need to find a new spot.

Banned
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Was at the game last night and the closed off empty stands on the east side looked pretty pathetic. I thought the purpose of the move to bmo was so they wouldnt have to close off entire sections like at Rogers. Bmo seats only 25k and they have to close off an entire section?! 16000 was the attendance last night. Thats a joke. It was the home opener, a grey cup rematch and all hyped up. Suspect next home game in two weeks will again be in tje 12-13k range, if that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    I was more bothered by the North end zone bleachers. It will show more on TV. Putting the band there is a good use of space.
    FYI - the Burlington band will only have a small group out at most games this season. Big band for the opener, and one other game.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruro View Post
    Was at the game last night and the closed off empty stands on the east side looked pretty pathetic. I thought the purpose of the move to bmo was so they wouldnt have to close off entire sections like at Rogers. Bmo seats only 25k and they have to close off an entire section?! 16000 was the attendance last night. Thats a joke. It was the home opener, a grey cup rematch and all hyped up. Suspect next home game in two weeks will again be in tje 12-13k range, if that.
    You must be new to this football team

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruro View Post
    BMO just gets them closer to their required capacity, it's just that Toronto doesn't have a smaller stadium for the Argos.