Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

No kick off after field goals?

Maybe it was just a coincidence but I don't believe there were any kick offs yesterdays after field goal attempts by either team. Could this be another attempt by the League to try and reduce injuries? With both teams having good returners I can't see a return not being tried as least once after a field goal. I would be ok with that. Most kick off returns are hard pressed to get to the 35 yard line anyway. Stick to the punt returns and instruct the officials to stop calling the cheap calls.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Maybe it was just a coincidence but I don't believe there were any kick offs yesterdays after field goal attempts by either team. Could this be another attempt by the League to try and reduce injuries? With both teams having good returners I can't see a return not being tried as least once after a field goal. I would be ok with that. Most kick off returns are hard pressed to get to the 35 yard line anyway. Stick to the punt returns and instruct the officials to stop calling the cheap calls.
    I don't think the league has anything to do with it, or they would never have made it mandatory to have to kickoff after a FG in the final 3 minutes of the game. Both kickers were putting their kickoffs deep yesterday, and I think that had more to do with the decisions to take the ball.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    getting the ball on 35 yd line [after successful FG] means decent field position with no chance of a penalty during the return
    fumbled balls are a low %
    i think taking the ball at 35 is a very good coaching decision ESPECIALLY as weather gets nastier

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I think Trestman did not want to risk having B-T in terrible field position. While Martese could often give the team better field position than the 35, there is a risk of getting terrible field position, which, IMO, Trestman wanted to avoid for a QB making only his second start in the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    As Angelo mentioned, the kickoffs were good. There was also very little wind helping to achieve this. When the ball is caught around the 5, it takes a great 30 yard return (not easy) to get you there.