Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I’m old school and miss the days of Fred Locking announcing the play results in the old stadium.
    The game was the attraction and in itself created the atmosphere, you could carry on a conversation without booming noise and all of the other crap they offer these days.
    Realizing those days are gone the in game “stuff” seems a little forced and artificial to me.
    I'm not usually sentimental, but I have to admit that it was great to hear Fred Locking's voice when the Argos paid tribute to the 1983 Grey Cup championship team a few years ago.
    Introducing Condredge Holloway as "The Artful Dodger" sure took me back.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Joe B has posed an interesting question re attracting those who used to attend games but no longer do. He also made a couple of intriguing suggestions, so I'll add my thoughts:
    .As RJ correctly stated--when one walks into BMO for an Argo game, the fan should feel like an Argo home--permanent signage etc
    .Why not contact previous season holders and offer them real incentives to comedown to a game---a)come down to a game and receive tickets to a second game free b)a chance to win a luxury suite for friends and family I'm sure others could come up with even better suggestions

Look forward to suggestions from others.