Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
BC coverage on that play had one player face down in the end zone.

Definitely turf. On review he transitioned poorly and went face down on the goal line due to the change from grass to turf.

That turf is a disgrace to the CFL!

All this talk about the turf issues at BMO is getting tiresome. It is what is for now. If something can be done, I am sure that they will look at it, but for now there is nothing you can do about it. Both teams face the same issue in the game, so it is not as if it is a home team advantage.

As for it being a "disgrace", how so? I recall watching football games played in multipurpose stadiums where the field was partly dirt from the baseball infield. That sucked too, I am sure, but the players had to adapt. Like other situations in other sports, be it the Green Monster, or bad ice at certain rinks for hockey games. As long as the conditions are the same for both teams, it is a fair contest. It's not disgraceful for the CFL.... the league had nothing to do with original design of the stadium. Lots of blame to pass around there, which has already been hashed and re-hashed. Unfortunately, it's history. So let's get over it.