Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

GAME THREAD / Week 5 / Friday the Thirteenth edition / Toronto @ Edmonton

Friday, July 13th
    Commonwealth Stadium

- Broadcast on the usual places plus ESPN+
    - A chance to start our first winning streak of the year...
    Last edited by Wobbler; 07-11-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Think some pressure if off with the win last week but regardless, would be a nice one to have. Offensively, I still think the key is to get Wilder going to take some heat off the passing game and keep our offence on the field (as we saw on Saturday, the esks offence can stay on the field for long drives).Like the zip that Franklin had on his passes and he was letting his receivers go get passes – which was great.

Defensively, gotta get heat on Reilly. If he has time, he will give those receivers catchable passes and keep moving the sticks.Thought our D did a great job containing Gable and hope they can do so again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mchesher03 View Post
    Think some pressure if off with the win last week but regardless, would be a nice one to have. Offensively, I still think the key is to get Wilder going to take some heat off the passing game and keep our offence on the field (as we saw on Saturday, the esks offence can stay on the field for long drives).Like the zip that Franklin had on his passes and he was letting his receivers go get passes – which was great.

Defensively, gotta get heat on Reilly. If he has time, he will give those receivers catchable passes and keep moving the sticks.Thought our D did a great job containing Gable and hope they can do so again.
    Not only do we need to get pressure on Reilly, the secondary has to play much better. I have been seriously underimpressed with the play of our secondary, in particular Heath and Yell. Heath especially for his bone-head lack of discipline resulting in penalties. It's good that Trestman called him on it, but if that continues, he should sit.

Very impressed with Franklin's debut. He showed a lot of poise and can throw a nice ball into tight coverage. Hoping he continues to gain confidence and that the offence can move the ball consistently. Best way to beat Reilly is to not let him on the field.

Can't wait to see what happens this game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    Not only do we need to get pressure on Reilly, the secondary has to play much better. I have been seriously underimpressed with the play of our secondary, in particular Heath and Yell. Heath especially for his bone-head lack of discipline resulting in penalties. It's good that Trestman called him on it, but if that continues, he should sit.

Very impressed with Franklin's debut. He showed a lot of poise and can throw a nice ball into tight coverage. Hoping he continues to gain confidence and that the offence can move the ball consistently. Best way to beat Reilly is to not let him on the field.

Can't wait to see what happens this game.
    The play of the secondary is hands down my biggest concern, as you mentioned Heath and a Yell are the main culprits.
    If their play doesn’t improve soon I could see change coming.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Not looking good for the double blue this week. Can't see that Eskie offense leave as many points on the floor as they did last week.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Not looking good for the double blue this week. Can't see that Eskie offense leave as many points on the floor as they did last week.
    But at the same time, I can't see the Argos squandering as many 2nd/3rd and short situations on offence. After getting stuffed on 3rd and short, Franklin seemed to change the way he was doing the sneaks and was much more efficient. I see a close game again that can go either way. As long as Edmonton doesn't somehow get to run 4 plays in 6 seconds at the end of a half (anybody remember this from a few years ago?), Argos should be all right.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    But at the same time, I can't see the Argos squandering as many 2nd/3rd and short situations on offence. After getting stuffed on 3rd and short, Franklin seemed to change the way he was doing the sneaks and was much more efficient. I see a close game again that can go either way. As long as Edmonton doesn't somehow get to run 4 plays in 6 seconds at the end of a half (anybody remember this from a few years ago?), Argos should be all right.
    I haven't been too impressed with the Argo offensive line surge on those short yardage plays. Edmonton's line was blowing the Argo D Line back a couple of yards every time. Maybe because the 3rd and 1 situations seem to be so common any more some teams have gone to very large offensive guards. Edmonton moved their 6' 10 330+ guard out to tackle this year but then brought in Bond at 6'7 330. Size matters on the 3rd and short plays apparently.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I do recall that one and it was a classic “oops”!

If I recall correctly the argos had to come back on the field for a final play or the clock didn’t start after a play or two. No big deal just waiting for the esks to punch it in hah.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I do recall that one and it was a classic “oops”!

If I recall correctly the argos had to come back on the field for a final play or the clock didn’t start after a play or two. No big deal just waiting for the esks to punch it in hah.
    Exactly. I had never seen Jim Barker more pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I haven't been too impressed with the Argo offensive line surge on those short yardage plays. Edmonton's line was blowing the Argo D Line back a couple of yards every time. Maybe because the 3rd and 1 situations seem to be so common any more some teams have gone to very large offensive guards. Edmonton moved their 6' 10 330+ guard out to tackle this year but then brought in Bond at 6'7 330. Size matters on the 3rd and short plays apparently.
    While I agree the line hasn't being blowing guys off the ball on these short yardage plays, I believe the bigger problem was with Franklin on the sneak, trying to go straight ahead, and not getting low enough to drive his body with any leverage. When he started moving a bit to his left, he started getting the first downs with ease.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level

Interesting to see Tuggle at MLB.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    So all of Woods, Reed, Plummer and Jordan are all injured?

Dowling makes his debut and I see Smith has been added to the lineup to backup Noel.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    So all of Woods, Reed, Plummer and Jordan are all injured?

Dowling makes his debut and I see Smith has been added to the lineup to backup Noel.
    Woods still not 100% from his injury

Source;
    When I spoke to him briefly at BMO last week he said little while longer, not 100% cleared

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yeah we’ve started a different MLB every game so far this year. Injuries happen though and hopefully this solidifies itself as the year goes on.

Looking forward to it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Speaking of Jim Barker getting pissed there, I have never seen Trestman as angry as he was on the phantom defensive PI call on Saturday. He went right after that ref (#87) which is very unlike him. I’m not complaining either that was a brutal call.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Speaking of Jim Barker getting pissed there, I have never seen Trestman as angry as he was on the phantom defensive PI call on Saturday. He went right after that ref (#87) which is very unlike him. I’m not complaining either that was a brutal call.
    That play happened directly in front of where I sit. The way I saw it, 87 was back peddling down the sidelines, and actually fell down as the play was being made. He obviously never saw what happened and guessed that it was PI. That's brutal officiating. Guessing. If you don't actually see anything, you can't call it. A missed call is better than the absolute wrong call. The result being the Argos had to burn their only challenge. Thank goodness they didn't need to make a challenge at a key point later in the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Oh don't bring that up....the disbelief on the Argos as they returned from the alley...Oh that still irks me ....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think we’re in for a tough one. Home team’s seem to always have an edge, hence our win last week. Riley shreds our defence with all the time he has. I wish we had Butler (glad I didn’t say that on Twitter). This game will be a real indication what the Argos are all about. I’ll be happy with a close game, with a chance for a win.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Riley shreds our defence with all the time he has. I wish we had Butler (glad I didn’t say that on Twitter).
    I'm excited to see if Striker might make a difference on the pass rush, and/or Dowling in pass coverage.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm excited to see if Striker might make a difference on the pass rush, and/or Dowling in pass coverage.
    Striker getting into the line-up and handed playing time (based on exactly what?) - yeah, could maybe be interesting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level