Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
Why would Rogers, who are part owner of the Argos, make sure the "boys" at 3 Downation, who belong to the TORSTAR group, make sure they write about it? You believe in conspiracy theories?

Ottawa is roughly 20 per cent Francophone and most Francophones in Ottawa are perfectly bilingual and likely to watch TSN as much as RDS.
Besides why wouldn't Nuimeris count Francophones in Ontario?? if they were watching RDS they would be counted or if they were watching TSN or CTV NFL they would be counted. On the other side of the river in Gatineau where the majority are French speaking they would be counted by the Numeris Quebec ratings.
One of the highest rated sports programs in Quebec last year was the Super Bowl on RDS - close to 1 MILLION viewers in a small market with cable/sat only, do you believe that is accurate??
http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/J...8 (Quebec).pdf
CFL football is not popular in Quebec and the numbers are very low, the NFL numbers are good on RDS.

I don't understand why you refuse to look at the Numeris.ca to read about how they collect numbers, if you still doubt their methods they have a link to email them for more explanation. You like to quote wikepedia but there is no link to it, I think it was someone on the CFL.ca forums that said Numeris doesn't measure Ottawa, but no link.
Yes the Ottawa Hamilton game at the end of the season had poor viewer results, Ottawa had clinched first and rested most of their starters. Check out the poor ratings for the Argo/Als game and the Ticat/Als, Ottawa/Als - ALL like pre-season, of course the numbers were low. Nothing to do with not measuring a region.
Do you have a link to "Rogers years ago was very vocal about Numeris ratings" ?? seriously? you believe that ratings improved for Rogers because of some conspiracy...........lol how about the fact that Rogers/Sportsnet does Wednesday night NHL games which are as high as the Saturday night CBC games, or the fact that there is a lot of Jays fans out there and the Jays are on Rogers/Sportsnet.

I made a statement on here a couple of months ago about more people are watching on the internet and the ratings were not counted. Someone on these boards said I didn't know what I was talking about and posted the link to Numeris which showed that Numeris does measure watching TV sports on the internet.
At least I admitted I was wrong when someone posted the link and I actually read it.
Numeris does a good job with the ratings, you need to READ the Numeris link and see what they do instead of making stuff up, or quoting someone on another website and believing that there is some type of conspiracy against the CFL.

What about this explanation from the Toronto Star's Damien Cox about the low Grey Cup numbers, another "conspiray" or a frank opinion:
https://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...t-problem.html
You guys trying to convince me that Cox and Rogers were not anti CFL, anti Argos? You can convince me of someone else but not these 2. Listened for years hearing it

Also did you notice that the number posted by 3 down nation (3.1 million) the next day is also the same number that Numeris published today (3.1 million) That means that the diaries were not taken into account or if they were, nobody with a diary watched the CFL GC.
Also the only document that tells us how the measurement is completed you don't believe. I will copy and paste it below where it says some of these markets are not covered by People Meters. Ottawa being one. Can you guys tell me the rules about how someone is included in the ratings if you miss 10 minutes of a 3 hour football game. Is it the same rules as watching a 25 minute sitcom? Is all sports treated the same? Lots of questions for me in the design of a statistical experiment. That's what it is. I am not saying the results are fake but there are far too many ways to skew the results. One of them is leaving out Ottawa, Regina, Halifax or others.

The other documents published by Numeris states that they are self policing. Its on their web site. Nobody without skin in the game is checking and NO results about how and where these meters are placed is discussed by Numeris. want to skew results? - place them heavily in one area. Matters for a sitcom? no it doesn't. matter for sports - yes it does. Hundreds of Millions of dollars are at stake and hangs on the breath of what Numeris publishes and NOBODY CHECKS! Here is the quote.

"In television, Numeris is partnered with the American company Nielsen in a joint venture which measures the Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal Anglo and Montreal Franco markets, [8] the Ontario region and national ratings figures via Portable People Meters. Numeris is the senior partner in the joint venture, and also continues to independently monitor some markets — primarily the francophone television market in Quebec, and some smaller media markets — which are not served by the joint operation, through diaries."