Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    The Grey Cup viewership at 3.1 million was down 23% from last year and the lowest since 2001. During the regular season (85 games) viewership increased 1.7%. For the regular season and playoffs combined viewership was down 0.3%.

http://3downnation.com/2018/11/26/gr...g-23-per-cent/
    More proof that the CFL needs the Argos. They drive ratings.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    It would be interesting to compare Grey Cup ratings where Argos were involved versus games where they weren't.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Agreed. Toronto is a big market, plus all the people who watch to cheer against the Argonauts.

Although IIRC the Ottawa market isn't measured either.

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Agreed. Toronto is a big market, plus all the people who watch to cheer against the Argonauts.

Although IIRC the Ottawa market isn't measured either.
    Argos are very important to the league. In 2012 GC they had 5.8 M tune in. Rumors were they made $10-$12 M from the game at Rogers center. Truly sad Rogers does help sell this team.

https://www.cfl.ca/2012/11/27/100th-...ast-benchmark/

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofan_1000 View Post
    I don't understand the rating system as very little information is available.

Numeris does not measure Hamilton and Ottawa per info on Wikipedia. So Ottawa and Hamilton play each other and Numeris releases information about this game. How did they do that? Does anyone - anyone not think that people in those cities aren't watching? I think this kind of problem is why Numeris doesn't release information on the structure of these measurements. There is a problem and have said so. Canada is difficult to measure and sport is the hardest to gauge.
    Wikipedia states that Numeris doesn't measure Hamilton and Ottawa? ...........Nonsense, just look up the source NOT Wikipedia,, I can't find anything that states that, they are excluded, how could they do that? I would stay clear of Wkipedia for your info
    I searched Numeris and it's explained how they measure a cross section ACROSS Canada. The diaries, the surveys, the people meters etc.
    I lived in Ottawa and we did take part in a diary when it was BBM!!

You have to understand how they do it and it's pretty accurate, the diary, the panel and the meters.
    They can measure your PVR/DVRd programs, the games on the internet etc.
    The meters are not accurate when you are in bar watching a game, they turn the sound down in the bar and there may be multiple tvs with different sports televised but that's where the diarys are factored in.

Advertisers and the TV networks pay a lot of money for the Numeris data so it's pretty accurate.

http://en.numeris.ca/participants/tv-diary
    http://en.numeris.ca/participants/online-tv-panel
    http://en.numeris.ca/participants/meter-panel

Last edited by CFLfan; 11-30-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    For info:

Two years ago the Ottawa/Calgary Grey Cup was 3.6 Million
    http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/N...(National).pdf

Last year the Argo/Calgary GC was 4 Million which was the same as the 2015 Ottawa/Calgary GC

The GC has averaged between 3 and 4 Million the past 5 years. pretty good numbers for a sporting even. I think the important stat would be how many in the 18 - 40 age group.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    For info:

Two years ago the Ottawa/Calgary Grey Cup was 3.6 Million

Last year the Argo/Calgary GC was 4 Million which was the same as the 2015 Ottawa/Calgary GC

The GC has averaged between 3 and 4 Million the past 5 years. pretty good numbers for a sporting even. I think the important stat would be how many in the 18 - 40 age group.
    the overnights come out and Rogers makes sure the boys at 3downnation write about it. The whole picture won't be known until the diaries are tabulated and the streaming numbers are in. Also it says TSN. What about Ottawa with 30-35% french. Would they tune in to RDS? A rabid fan base in Ottawa and the results on TV for this region was very poor. I Don't believe it. I work in advanced manufacturing and we use a lot of statistics. We get a number where it is off 25% from the norm - we throw it out as corrupt and we measure again. Numeris does not release much info about how they do things and there is a reason for it. They say Canada is very hard to measure and sports is the most difficult. That kind of qualifier throws up a flag.

Ottawa Hamilton game at the end of the season had poor viewer results and these 2 cities are only covered by diaries but the overnight ratings come out the next day. How does Numeris even publish information about this? Its suppose to be science. I'd say somethings wrong. Rogers years ago was very vocal about Numeris for the ratings for their properties, guess what? Ratings improved for Rogers. Not one legitimate agency double checks their work. Too easy to do so many things to the ratings. Multi million dollar deals sway in the balance of what Numeris publishes. I can think of many ways to cheat the system. Again, who is checking?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    the overnights come out and Rogers makes sure the boys at 3downnation write about it. The whole picture won't be known until the diaries are tabulated and the streaming numbers are in. Also it says TSN. What about Ottawa with 30-35% french. Would they tune in to RDS? A rabid fan base in Ottawa and the results on TV for this region was very poor. I Don't believe it. I work in advanced manufacturing and we use a lot of statistics. We get a number where it is off 25% from the norm - we throw it out as corrupt and we measure again. Numeris does not release much info about how they do things and there is a reason for it. They say Canada is very hard to measure and sports is the most difficult. That kind of qualifier throws up a flag.

Ottawa Hamilton game at the end of the season had poor viewer results and these 2 cities are only covered by diaries but the overnight ratings come out the next day. How does Numeris even publish information about this? Its suppose to be science. I'd say somethings wrong. Rogers years ago was very vocal about Numeris for the ratings for their properties, guess what? Ratings improved for Rogers. Not one legitimate agency double checks their work. Too easy to do so many things to the ratings. Multi million dollar deals sway in the balance of what Numeris publishes. I can think of many ways to cheat the system. Again, who is checking?
    Why would Rogers, who are part owner of the Argos, make sure the "boys" at 3 Downation, who belong to the TORSTAR group, make sure they write about it? You believe in conspiracy theories?

Ottawa is roughly 20 per cent Francophone and most Francophones in Ottawa are perfectly bilingual and likely to watch TSN as much as RDS.
    Besides why wouldn't Nuimeris count Francophones in Ontario?? if they were watching RDS they would be counted or if they were watching TSN or CTV NFL they would be counted. On the other side of the river in Gatineau where the majority are French speaking they would be counted by the Numeris Quebec ratings.
    One of the highest rated sports programs in Quebec last year was the Super Bowl on RDS - close to 1 MILLION viewers in a small market with cable/sat only, do you believe that is accurate??
    http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/J...20(Quebec).pdf
    CFL football is not popular in Quebec and the numbers are very low, the NFL numbers are good on RDS.

I don't understand why you refuse to look at the Numeris.ca to read about how they collect numbers, if you still doubt their methods they have a link to email them for more explanation. You like to quote wikepedia but there is no link to it, I think it was someone on the CFL.ca forums that said Numeris doesn't measure Ottawa, but no link.
    Yes the Ottawa Hamilton game at the end of the season had poor viewer results, Ottawa had clinched first and rested most of their starters. Check out the poor ratings for the Argo/Als game and the Ticat/Als, Ottawa/Als - ALL like pre-season, of course the numbers were low. Nothing to do with not measuring a region.
    Do you have a link to "Rogers years ago was very vocal about Numeris ratings" ?? seriously? you believe that ratings improved for Rogers because of some conspiracy...........lol how about the fact that Rogers/Sportsnet does Wednesday night NHL games which are as high as the Saturday night CBC games, or the fact that there is a lot of Jays fans out there and the Jays are on Rogers/Sportsnet.

I made a statement on here a couple of months ago about more people are watching on the internet and the ratings were not counted. Someone on these boards said I didn't know what I was talking about and posted the link to Numeris which showed that Numeris does measure watching TV sports on the internet.
    At least I admitted I was wrong when someone posted the link and I actually read it.
    Numeris does a good job with the ratings, you need to READ the Numeris link and see what they do instead of making stuff up, or quoting someone on another website and believing that there is some type of conspiracy against the CFL.

What about this explanation from the Toronto Star's Damien Cox about the low Grey Cup numbers, another "conspiray" or a frank opinion:
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...t-problem.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

So Rogers who is a publicly traded company and owns the Argonauts is telling 3downnation who they don't own to write negative stories about the team that they own?

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    So Rogers who is a publicly traded company and owns the Argonauts is telling 3downnation who they don't own to write negative stories about the team that they own?
    Justin Dunk works for Sportsnet and writes for 3downnation. He is extremely negative. Had another chance to write about the GC ratings and he took it

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Justin Dunk works for Sportsnet and writes for 3downnation. He is extremely negative. Had another chance to write about the GC ratings and he took it
    And Sportsnet is owned by Rogers and Rogers owns the Argonauts.

So if the ratings are down you don't want it to be reported? Only report good news?

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    And Sportsnet is owned by Rogers and Rogers owns the Argonauts.

So if the ratings are down you don't want it to be reported? Only report good news?
    He reported TSN only. The true picture would be TSN, RDS, Streaming, and others. TSN was down, but Ottawa in the GC is measured only by diaries. So is Hamilton, Halifax. Plus Ottawa is 30 - 35 % French. Wouldn't they watch on RDS.

I don't think the true picture was reported hours after the GC. So far we have had Cox and Dunk report the negative. You don't think there is a problem with the Rogers group

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    He reported TSN only. The true picture would be TSN, RDS, Streaming, and others. TSN was down, but Ottawa in the GC is measured only by diaries. So is Hamilton, Halifax. Plus Ottawa is 30 - 35 % French. Wouldn't they watch on RDS.

I don't think the true picture was reported hours after the GC. So far we have had Cox and Dunk report the negative. You don't think there is a problem with the Rogers group
    He reported the English Canadian ratings as they usually do. As CFL Fan explained in his post above streaming is included. Who are the others? The exclusive English broadcast was on TSN.

Rogers is a publicly traded company, they aren't going to risk upsetting their shareholders by damaging a team that they own.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    Why would Rogers, who are part owner of the Argos, make sure the "boys" at 3 Downation, who belong to the TORSTAR group, make sure they write about it? You believe in conspiracy theories?

Ottawa is roughly 20 per cent Francophone and most Francophones in Ottawa are perfectly bilingual and likely to watch TSN as much as RDS.
    Besides why wouldn't Nuimeris count Francophones in Ontario?? if they were watching RDS they would be counted or if they were watching TSN or CTV NFL they would be counted. On the other side of the river in Gatineau where the majority are French speaking they would be counted by the Numeris Quebec ratings.
    One of the highest rated sports programs in Quebec last year was the Super Bowl on RDS - close to 1 MILLION viewers in a small market with cable/sat only, do you believe that is accurate??
    http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/J...8 (Quebec).pdf
    CFL football is not popular in Quebec and the numbers are very low, the NFL numbers are good on RDS.

I don't understand why you refuse to look at the Numeris.ca to read about how they collect numbers, if you still doubt their methods they have a link to email them for more explanation. You like to quote wikepedia but there is no link to it, I think it was someone on the CFL.ca forums that said Numeris doesn't measure Ottawa, but no link.
    Yes the Ottawa Hamilton game at the end of the season had poor viewer results, Ottawa had clinched first and rested most of their starters. Check out the poor ratings for the Argo/Als game and the Ticat/Als, Ottawa/Als - ALL like pre-season, of course the numbers were low. Nothing to do with not measuring a region.
    Do you have a link to "Rogers years ago was very vocal about Numeris ratings" ?? seriously? you believe that ratings improved for Rogers because of some conspiracy...........lol how about the fact that Rogers/Sportsnet does Wednesday night NHL games which are as high as the Saturday night CBC games, or the fact that there is a lot of Jays fans out there and the Jays are on Rogers/Sportsnet.

I made a statement on here a couple of months ago about more people are watching on the internet and the ratings were not counted. Someone on these boards said I didn't know what I was talking about and posted the link to Numeris which showed that Numeris does measure watching TV sports on the internet.
    At least I admitted I was wrong when someone posted the link and I actually read it.
    Numeris does a good job with the ratings, you need to READ the Numeris link and see what they do instead of making stuff up, or quoting someone on another website and believing that there is some type of conspiracy against the CFL.

What about this explanation from the Toronto Star's Damien Cox about the low Grey Cup numbers, another "conspiray" or a frank opinion:
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/footb...t-problem.html
    You guys trying to convince me that Cox and Rogers were not anti CFL, anti Argos? You can convince me of someone else but not these 2. Listened for years hearing it

Also did you notice that the number posted by 3 down nation (3.1 million) the next day is also the same number that Numeris published today (3.1 million) That means that the diaries were not taken into account or if they were, nobody with a diary watched the CFL GC.
    Also the only document that tells us how the measurement is completed you don't believe. I will copy and paste it below where it says some of these markets are not covered by People Meters. Ottawa being one. Can you guys tell me the rules about how someone is included in the ratings if you miss 10 minutes of a 3 hour football game. Is it the same rules as watching a 25 minute sitcom? Is all sports treated the same? Lots of questions for me in the design of a statistical experiment. That's what it is. I am not saying the results are fake but there are far too many ways to skew the results. One of them is leaving out Ottawa, Regina, Halifax or others.

The other documents published by Numeris states that they are self policing. Its on their web site. Nobody without skin in the game is checking and NO results about how and where these meters are placed is discussed by Numeris. want to skew results? - place them heavily in one area. Matters for a sitcom? no it doesn't. matter for sports - yes it does. Hundreds of Millions of dollars are at stake and hangs on the breath of what Numeris publishes and NOBODY CHECKS! Here is the quote.

"In television, Numeris is partnered with the American company Nielsen in a joint venture which measures the Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal Anglo and Montreal Franco markets, [8] the Ontario region and national ratings figures via Portable People Meters. Numeris is the senior partner in the joint venture, and also continues to independently monitor some markets — primarily the francophone television market in Quebec, and some smaller media markets — which are not served by the joint operation, through diaries."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You guys trying to convince me that Cox and Rogers were not anti CFL, anti Argos? You can convince me of someone else but not these 2. Listened for years hearing it

Also did you notice that the number posted by 3 down nation (3.1 million) the next day is also the same number that Numeris published today (3.1 million) That means that the diaries were not taken into account or if they were, nobody with a diary watched the CFL GC.
    Also the only document that tells us how the measurement is completed you don't believe. I will copy and paste it below where it says some of these markets are not covered by People Meters. Ottawa being one. Can you guys tell me the rules about how someone is included in the ratings if you miss 10 minutes of a 3 hour football game. Is it the same rules as watching a 25 minute sitcom? Is all sports treated the same? Lots of questions for me in the design of a statistical experiment. That's what it is. I am not saying the results are fake but there are far too many ways to skew the results. One of them is leaving out Ottawa, Regina, Halifax or others.

The other documents published by Numeris states that they are self policing. Its on their web site. Nobody without skin in the game is checking and NO results about how and where these meters are placed is discussed by Numeris. want to skew results? - place them heavily in one area. Matters for a sitcom? no it doesn't. matter for sports - yes it does. Hundreds of Millions of dollars are at stake and hangs on the breath of what Numeris publishes and NOBODY CHECKS! Here is the quote.

"In television, Numeris is partnered with the American company Nielsen in a joint venture which measures the Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal Anglo and Montreal Franco markets, [8] the Ontario region and national ratings figures via Portable People Meters. Numeris is the senior partner in the joint venture, and also continues to independently monitor some markets — primarily the francophone television market in Quebec, and some smaller media markets — which are not served by the joint operation, through diaries."
    Stop using Wikipedia, the Numeris website has information on their methodology.