Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Hard to find much positive in this game but trying to be positive:
    .Wilder showed that used correctly he can be a force in the game.
    .Pfeffer is an excellent punter
    .Tuggle showed well at times
    .Stopped Harris running wild this game
    On the negative side however:
    .Way too many turnovers
    .Way too many penalties --though some were questionable
    .OL just doesn't seem to be able to protect the QB
    .DL can't seem to get any pressure on the QB The DE's look particularly weak as pass rushers. Striker looks too small to play DE
    .Still desperately need a speedy receiver to stretch the field
    .Smith didn't help his cause by fumbling and also not fighting to come back to prevent the interception
    .Franklin may still be the future for the team but his play does not give one confidence that this will be soon
    .It is obvious why Ti-Cats released Kenneh. Surely one of the new DB's could do better
    .Biggest loss of the season was losing our defensive coordinator
    .Coaching staff are going to have to accept a fair amount of responsibility --they chose the players and created the schemes

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I will not be part of the 10,000 or so in attendance next game.....good luck marketing this fiasco, it's going to take more than SpongeBob to save this mess (sorry Kardinal....)......thinking I'll be fine without Season Tickets next year after the many screw-ups on my account this year too (still no STH Gift being sent out to the STH from last year and this year - obviously they've had it since Week One - just ship it out to your "most valued customers" already - you are a billion dollar entity get it done!), I'll make them come to me with wondrous offers next June (I have other MLSE ST) so I'm sure a super large discount will be coming anyways......ha ha ha......I'm sure they will introduce some other variation on Tailgating and a New Official Band (we miss you Argonotes!)....

When they straighten things out both on and off the field let me know.....I know we won a Grey Cup and that was lovely and all, but it was at 9-9 and that included a Bye and a Home Game last year (and a little help from Calgary too), within three home games following a "Championship Season" we are at the low point of attendance for this franchise which shows how much latent interest there is in this product (almost none apparently) ---- let's not oversell our success the last 3 years since the move to BMO based on a GC last year (rapidly declining attendance, and a sub.500 record overall), I'm done throwing money at this, this is supposed to be entertainment - and I am simply not entertained at the same Merry-Go -Round that prays for mediocrity and a lucky playoff run (like 2012/2017 winning GCs at 9-9 --- we have had two winning regular seasons in the last decade); and I can support with my wallet from home thanks.....when the 10 year plan shows me 5 years in a row of stability, I'll buy back in as a STH - I'm sure the tickets won't all be gone by then.....just ask the Blue Jays (thankfully gave up those worthless seats) who are going back to irrelevance and are being ignored very quickly by the masses......Sorry to pile on but if a 20th place soccer team can draw 25,000 for a game tomorrow after winning a title last year, surely a Football team with 100 years of history can do the same after winning a title too (and all the same excuses too -- both considered "minor league" by many in the GTA, both in the same stadium location, both playing on Saturdays in the summer) --- someone is simply not doing something right......or maybe people simply don't care, and I've seen very little efforts to make them care.....(can we wait longer for Argos Fan Day please? why do it at the beginning of the year to drum up interest and maybe some ticket sales and capitalize on all the "good buzz" of winning a title? let's wait until even less people care and the team is in the toilet.....)
    Last edited by Argos1983; 07-28-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I don't get it, the game is lost and Franklin is still deep in the pocket instead of rolling out using his legs trying to keep the D honest.?
    Franklin staying in the entire game... pointless and risky, but standard and historical operating procedure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Seven turnovers says it all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argos1983 View Post
    I will not be part of the 10,000 or so in attendance next game.....good luck marketing this fiasco, it's going to take more than SpongeBob to save this mess (sorry Kardinal....)......thinking I'll be fine without Season Tickets next year after the many screw-ups on my account this year too (still no STH Gift being sent out to the STH from last year and this year - obviously they've had it since Week One - just ship it out to your "most valued customers" already - you are a billion dollar entity get it done!), I'll make them come to me with wondrous offers next June (I have other MLSE ST) so I'm sure a super large discount will be coming anyways......ha ha ha......I'm sure they will introduce some other variation on Tailgating and a New Official Band (we miss you Argonotes!)....

When they straighten things out both on and off the field let me know.....I know we won a Grey Cup and that was lovely and all, but it was at 9-9 and that included a Bye and a Home Game last year (and a little help from Calgary too), within three home games following a "Championship Season" we are at the low point of attendance for this franchise which shows how much latent interest there is in this product (almost none apparently) ---- let's not oversell our success the last 3 years since the move to BMO based on a GC last year (rapidly declining attendance, and a sub.500 record overall), I'm done throwing money at this, this is supposed to be entertainment - and I am simply not entertained at the same Merry-Go -Round that prays for mediocrity and a lucky playoff run (like 2012/2017 winning GCs at 9-9 --- we have had two winning regular seasons in the last decade); and I can support with my wallet from home thanks.....when the 10 year plan shows me 5 years in a row of stability, I'll buy back in as a STH - I'm sure the tickets won't all be gone by then.....just ask the Blue Jays (thankfully gave up those worthless seats) who are going back to irrelevance and are being ignored very quickly by the masses......Sorry to pile on but if a 20th place soccer team can draw 25,000 for a game tomorrow after winning a title last year, surely a Football team with 100 years of history can do the same after winning a title too (and all the same excuses too -- both considered "minor league" by many in the GTA, both in the same stadium location, both playing on Saturdays in the summer) --- someone is simply not doing something right......or maybe people simply don't care, and I've seen very little efforts to make them care.....(can we wait longer for Argos Fan Day please? why do it at the beginning of the year to drum up interest and maybe some ticket sales and capitalize on all the "good buzz" of winning a title? let's wait until even less people care and the team is in the toilet.....)
    I have to give props...
    That was a very good rant!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Where to begin...........
    - Everyone from Jim Popp, to the Coaches, and the players should be ashamed of the way the team is playing this season.
    - Trestman needs to take a hard look at all of his coordinators. I'm not sure if Condell is calling the plays or not, but this offense looks exactly like 2016, so I doubt it - it's unimaginative to put it mildly. Archer needs to go it's as simple as that. Eiben maybe needs better players, but Pfeffer's punting is helping out the Special Teams a lot IMO. Poor blocking on returns as well IMO.
    - Martese Jackson needs to be replaced at returner - he's just not good enough at breaking through and finding holes.
    - Zero pressure from the defensive line, but I also see very few blitz', but a whole lot of 4 man fronts.
    - The team needs Bear Woods back NOW.
    - Release Kanneh and Heath. (I thought it was hilarious how Sanchez pointed out that Heath cheats, which aids Heath's game a lot)
    - Franklin needs to sit, but I don't think lead foot would have much success behind our offensive line either. Could go the quick release route, but IMO our receivers aren't getting open fast enough to help out there either. If Franklin doesn't sit, move the pocket around - there's a reason why Masoli is playing so well, and it's not his pocket passer ability; it's because he's a threat to run. If you don't have a good offensive line, you need to move the pocket and have the QB moving around. See Travis Lulay, Mike Reilly, Collaros when he was successful, and Masoli.
    - Franklin shouldn't be the short yardage QB (not just because he's the starter). They have Prukop who is very athletic, why not use him on short yardage ?
    - Darby IMO is the only player on D right now who IMO is doing his job well. Everyone else is either poor or inconsistent.
    - The fire from last year is gone. They're no longer the Island of misfit toys; they're Grey Cup Champs, so the fire or drive isn't the same.
    - Horrendous officiating. I never bring this up, but wow. Refs are getting flag happy again, after a good start to the season IMO. So much for the great Ambrosie fixing it with his new head of officiating. Maybe Ambroise should be focusing more on the game and bringing in sponsors for the League instead of always talking about his concern for player "safety" and moving up the season. This year has been unwatchable for the most part IMO - Forget the Argos for 1 second, IMO there's been maybe 2 good games this year. Too many blowouts, too many boring slow paced games, still too many penalties. IMO you can tell that the player no longer have padded practices.

On a side note: I'm not a fan of Lapolice, but I'll admit when things are going well Lapo likes to get creative, and kudos to TSN for always finding the good looking ladies at games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

One down.............. three more to go.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    I have to give props...
    That was a very good rant!
    Sadly this team gives me too much practice at it.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Sadly this team gives me too much practice at it.....
    I've been through much worse seasons than this. Been around for great championship ones too. I'll be there (love my BMO gameday experience) and won't be giving up on a team as quickly as you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My dad waited for an Argos Grey Cup from 1952 to 1983. I think I won’t abandon th team after a 1-5 start. We’ll be there Thursday.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I've been through much worse seasons than this. Been around for great championship ones too. I'll be there (love my BMO gameday experience) and won't be giving up on a team as quickly as you.
    I'm not abandoning the team -- I will still cheer for them -- and I am old enough to remember a lot of that 31 year gap too hence my board name (1983 was a big deal for me!), and a lot of subsequent 3-15, 4-14 seasons too.....I'm just not buying STs anymore and will support from home rather than with my wallet....I didn't pay to watch much 1980s Leafs hockey either (still sat at home and watched most Wednesdays/Saturdays - the "old" days of CHCH, CBC), I still wore the damn gear, like I do with my Argos stuff (was wearing it yesterday too), even when they sucked - but paying up front for STs and having the constant screw-ups that have occurred with ticket exchanges, refunds, poor communication, discounted seats that make my investing early look stupid, and the lack of a consistently decent on-field product is causing me to re-think my ROI on this particular investment of time and resources.....we had Jays seasons from 1989-1994 too --- I still cheered for the team from 1995 on-wards, but I just didn't feel the need to invest my money in that product at that rate anymore....I will always cheer for my teams even when they suck (and most of my favourite teams have had more sucking seasons than good seasons) - However, I won't always pay for it if I feel that the product/experience is not worth my investment of time/money.....

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Level
    - Everyone from Jim Popp, to the Coaches, and the players should be ashamed of the way the team is playing this season.
    That goes without saying.

- Trestman needs to take a hard look at all of his coordinators. I'm not sure if Condell is calling the plays or not, but this offense looks exactly like 2016, so I doubt it - it's unimaginative to put it mildly. Archer needs to go it's as simple as that. Eiben maybe needs better players, but Pfeffer's punting is helping out the Special Teams a lot IMO. Poor blocking on returns as well IMO.
    Things seem to be unimaginative on both sides of the ball. The Argos last made a mid-season DC change was 2011. I doubt you'll see that before a bye week (whenever that is).

- Martese Jackson needs to be replaced at returner - he's just not good enough at breaking through and finding holes.
    I'm thinking that was going to happen this week until McCluster got hurt.

- Zero pressure from the defensive line, but I also see very few blitz', but a whole lot of 4 man fronts.
    Notwithstanding the fact that Winnipeg has a very good offensive line, the lack of pressure has been evident since the first quarter of the first game. Another example of lack of imagination.

- The team needs Bear Woods back NOW.
    I hope that is a spark, but if the scheme is so deficient...

- Release Kanneh and Heath. (I thought it was hilarious how Sanchez pointed out that Heath cheats, which aids Heath's game a lot)
    Kanneh definitely needs to sit. I don't think Heath will sit...yet.

- Franklin needs to sit, but I don't think lead foot would have much success behind our offensive line either. Could go the quick release route, but IMO our receivers aren't getting open fast enough to help out there either. If Franklin doesn't sit, move the pocket around - there's a reason why Masoli is playing so well, and it's not his pocket passer ability; it's because he's a threat to run. If you don't have a good offensive line, you need to move the pocket and have the QB moving around. See Travis Lulay, Mike Reilly, Collaros when he was successful, and Masoli.
    He's definitely struggled the last two games, but he's hardly the other one. I don't see Bethune-Cookman performing any better.

- Franklin shouldn't be the short yardage QB (not just because he's the starter). They have Prukop who is very athletic, why not use him on short yardage ?
    Agreed

- Darby IMO is the only player on D right now who IMO is doing his job well. Everyone else is either poor or inconsistent.
    Yep

- The fire from last year is gone. They're no longer the Island of misfit toys; they're Grey Cup Champs, so the fire or drive isn't the same.
    The life has been sucked out of them.

- Horrendous officiating. I never bring this up, but wow. Refs are getting flag happy again, after a good start to the season IMO. So much for the great Ambrosie fixing it with his new head of officiating. Maybe Ambroise should be focusing more on the game and bringing in sponsors for the League instead of always talking about his concern for player "safety" and moving up the season. This year has been unwatchable for the most part IMO - Forget the Argos for 1 second, IMO there's been maybe 2 good games this year. Too many blowouts, too many boring slow paced games, still too many penalties. IMO you can tell that the player no longer have padded practices.
    Yes there were several calls that were very questionable. You shouldn't allow that, however, to compound itself into a 26-point loss.

On a side note: I'm not a fan of Lapolice, but I'll admit when things are going well Lapo likes to get creative, and kudos to TSN for always finding the good looking ladies at games.
    Well he's made the Argos look silly two games in a row.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm not abandoning the team -- I will still cheer for them -- and I am old enough to remember a lot of that 31 year gap too hence my board name (1983 was a big deal for me!), and a lot of subsequent 3-15, 4-14 seasons too.....I'm just not buying STs anymore and will support from home rather than with my wallet....I didn't pay to watch much 1980s Leafs hockey either (still sat at home and watched most Wednesdays/Saturdays - the "old" days of CHCH, CBC), I still wore the damn gear, like I do with my Argos stuff (was wearing it yesterday too), even when they sucked - but paying up front for STs and having the constant screw-ups that have occurred with ticket exchanges, refunds, poor communication, discounted seats that make my investing early look stupid, and the lack of a consistently decent on-field product is causing me to re-think my ROI on this particular investment of time and resources.....we had Jays seasons from 1989-1994 too --- I still cheered for the team from 1995 on-wards, but I just didn't feel the need to invest my money in that product at that rate anymore....I will always cheer for my teams even when they suck (and most of my favourite teams have had more sucking seasons than good seasons) - However, I won't always pay for it if I feel that the product/experience is not worth my investment of time/money.....
    Nothing wrong with anything you stated IMO.
    I’ve had the same feelings this year sitting at the games.
    In my case I drive 1/2 hour to the Appleby Go Station, take the train (almost an hour) $44.00 later arrive and watch a totally crappy disinterested team in a stadium just over 1/3 full, makes you question what you are doing sometimes.
    Last home game was so bad we left at halftime to make the long journey home.
    Love the Argos but as you correctly stated they quite often make it difficult to do so for various reasons.
    Nothing I have seen so far would lead me to believe they can salvage this season which is unbelievable considering last season’s result.
    Argos on paper should be a very competitive team, I still believe Franklin has all of the tools to be a very good CFL QB but this team looks beaten before the game starts.
    I thought 2016 was the low point but I maybe incorrect in that assumption, especially considering Popp and Trestman are now involved to which this shouldn’t be happening.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Although I didn’t see it, I understand Johnny Manziel signing filled Percival Molson Stadium. While the team has to address lots of things, attendance still has to remain top of mind. Lots of European players are coming to MLS for relatively medium sized contacts. Maybe promises of equity too. League should look very closely at the Manziel developments and if appropriate adjust the business model. Salary caps, coaches caps are killing Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver IMO.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Thank you -- I never said in my earlier rant that I will not be an Argos fan, I've been one my whole life and they have sucked for a lot of those years too -- it's the investment of time (it takes me over an hour both ways and then three hours of watching a less than hungry football team), and the investment of money - parking/transit costs in addition to the ticket cost which is relatively minimal this year if I'm being fair (although it took Year 3 at BMO to figure out a more appropriate pricing structure - something I ranted about constantly in Years 1 and 2 - but apparently those much smarter than I clearly knew that 5 different price points in a 1/2 empty section like 220 really makes sense - those last three-five seats in my row are clearly worth more?!) --- others will simply abandon their season tickets next year without ranting on a board like myself, so my thoughts are likely more reflective of the public sentiment these days than most posters on here who likely make up the "hard-core" fan base and who still passionately care about this team --- when people here like myself (and Argo57 apparently) start losing interest in investing in the product and questioning their choices in doing so, or leaving at halftime, that's a bad thing.....if I didn't care I would just abandon this team and these forums, like most of the GTA has - apathy towards this team is way worse than someone getting angry or frustrated at mistakes made both on and off the field in my opinion, at least anger shows you care, once they stop caring at all, we end up where we are now --- and this is not unique to this team or franchise in this market --

Ask the Jays who will sell more than 1 Million less seats this year and whose ratings have plummeted this year what apathy is all about.....but I am sure everyone here is going to more Jays games in 2018, and watching more Jays games intently this year than in 2015-2016 right? I bet the ticket pricing structure will change next year for them too (raising seat prices after 2017 was asinine), making flex packs less flexible for families all in the name of trying to squeeze an extra buck out of something that the public has clearly lost interest in -- how will that change? - by showing the team that you won't throw good money after bad, it worked for TFC too - reduced pricing when they sucked too (only the Leafs can get away with it long-term as their STH will never leave them as the ROI is still decent (no one I know with ST goes to 40 Leafs games a a year - they sell off a chunk and it pays for the rest in most cases - even in the 80s), and those Leafs seats have become a "legacy" passed on from generation to generation (or used as a Business expense in the lower bowl) and Toronto is after all is said and done a hockey town)) --- the point is almost all teams in this market have to be very cognizant of making their team interesting/affordable and worth the customers time and investment in this town - save for the Leafs (and somewhat Raptors who have tickets tied to the Leafs in many cases, although we will see in 2020 if the Raptors suck again and blow this core group up), Toronto is a trendy, front-running town and if it seems like it's not seen as a "big deal" - we tend to ignore it here save for the die-hards --- and the Argos simply aren't seen as trendy or interesting anymore to the masses (clearly less walk-up sales than the previous two years), and they are now starting to piss off the older die-hards (the ones with STs) who are old enough to remember the CFL when it was THE Game in this town and want to support the team and the league but frankly are finding less reasons to do so ----

I truly hope that the "Golden Touch" of MLSE will save this team, and I wish that I was as optimistic as some on here that in 10 years we will be averaging 25,000 consistently (this is not an outrageous ask when there are only 9 home games in the summer, in a market this size - again if a minor league soccer team can outdraw this team on a per game basis on a 17 game home schedule that's a problem), but I simply doubt it - the ship has sailed (yay a pun!) on CFL interest in this town on a consistent long-term basis in my opinion in terms of actually attending the games at a rate that is respectable (none of my kids or their friends talk about the Argos ever which is not a good sign - they do play baseball and soccer though and have Leafs jerseys),....but hey in 10 years when BMO is close to sold out constantly for Argos football, I will be happy to admit I was wrong.....

Rant #2 over.....ha ha ha......

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Nothing wrong with anything you stated IMO.
    I’ve had the same feelings this year sitting at the games.
    In my case I drive 1/2 hour to the Appleby Go Station, take the train (almost an hour) $44.00 later arrive and watch a totally crappy disinterested team in a stadium just over 1/3 full, makes you question what you are doing sometimes.
    Last home game was so bad we left at halftime to make the long journey home.
    Love the Argos but as you correctly stated they quite often make it difficult to do so for various reasons.
    Nothing I have seen so far would lead me to believe they can salvage this season which is unbelievable considering last season’s result.
    Argos on paper should be a very competitive team, I still believe Franklin has all of the tools to be a very good CFL QB but this team looks beaten before the game starts.
    I thought 2016 was the low point but I maybe incorrect in that assumption, especially considering Popp and Trestman are now involved to which this shouldn’t be happening.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    The way the Argos are playing this season it's kind of difficult to imagine the team winning at all.

Talent, imagination, passion - to say nothing of effective recruiting of players and coaches - are lacking virtually across the board.

Some people are being very well yet produce such a shoddy product.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Although I didn’t see it, I understand Johnny Manziel signing filled Percival Molson Stadium. While the team has to address lots of things, attendance still has to remain top of mind. Lots of European players are coming to MLS for relatively medium sized contacts. Maybe promises of equity too. League should look very closely at the Manziel developments and if appropriate adjust the business model. Salary caps, coaches caps are killing Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver IMO.
    Montreal sold 16,718 tickets in week 4, and sold 16,654 tickets in week 7 with Manziel. Doesn't sound like he helped fill up anything. Maybe he'll do so when he starts................
    Thank you -- I never said in my earlier rant that I will not be an Argos fan, I've been one my whole life and they have sucked for a lot of those years too -- it's the investment of time (it takes me over an hour both ways and then three hours of watching a less than hungry football team), and the investment of money - parking/transit costs in addition to the ticket cost which is relatively minimal this year if I'm being fair (although it took Year 3 at BMO to figure out a more appropriate pricing structure - something I ranted about constantly in Years 1 and 2 - but apparently those much smarter than I clearly knew that 5 different price points in a 1/2 empty section like 220 really makes sense - those last three-five seats in my row are clearly worth more?!) --- others will simply abandon their season tickets next year without ranting on a board like myself, so my thoughts are likely more reflective of the public sentiment these days than most posters on here who likely make up the "hard-core" fan base and who still passionately care about this team --- when people here like myself (and Argo57 apparently) start losing interest in investing in the product and questioning their choices in doing so, or leaving at halftime, that's a bad thing.....if I didn't care I would just abandon this team and these forums, like most of the GTA has - apathy towards this team is way worse than someone getting angry or frustrated at mistakes made both on and off the field in my opinion, at least anger shows you care, once they stop caring at all, we end up where we are now --- and this is not unique to this team or franchise in this market --

Ask the Jays who will sell more than 1 Million less seats this year and whose ratings have plummeted this year what apathy is all about.....but I am sure everyone here is going to more Jays games in 2018, and watching more Jays games intently this year than in 2015-2016 right? I bet the ticket pricing structure will change next year for them too (raising seat prices after 2017 was asinine), making flex packs less flexible for families all in the name of trying to squeeze an extra buck out of something that the public has clearly lost interest in -- how will that change? - by showing the team that you won't throw good money after bad, it worked for TFC too - reduced pricing when they sucked too (only the Leafs can get away with it long-term as their STH will never leave them as the ROI is still decent (no one I know with ST goes to 40 Leafs games a a year - they sell off a chunk and it pays for the rest in most cases - even in the 80s), and those Leafs seats have become a "legacy" passed on from generation to generation (or used as a Business expense in the lower bowl) and Toronto is after all is said and done a hockey town)) --- the point is almost all teams in this market have to be very cognizant of making their team interesting/affordable and worth the customers time and investment in this town - save for the Leafs (and somewhat Raptors who have tickets tied to the Leafs in many cases, although we will see in 2020 if the Raptors suck again and blow this core group up), Toronto is a trendy, front-running town and if it seems like it's not seen as a "big deal" - we tend to ignore it here save for the die-hards --- and the Argos simply aren't seen as trendy or interesting anymore to the masses (clearly less walk-up sales than the previous two years), and they are now starting to piss off the older die-hards (the ones with STs) who are old enough to remember the CFL when it was THE Game in this town and want to support the team and the league but frankly are finding less reasons to do so ----

I truly hope that the "Golden Touch" of MLSE will save this team, and I wish that I was as optimistic as some on here that in 10 years we will be averaging 25,000 consistently (this is not an outrageous ask when there are only 9 home games in the summer, in a market this size - again if a minor league soccer team can outdraw this team on a per game basis on a 17 game home schedule that's a problem), but I simply doubt it - the ship has sailed (yay a pun!) on CFL interest in this town on a consistent long-term basis in my opinion in terms of actually attending the games at a rate that is respectable (none of my kids or their friends talk about the Argos ever which is not a good sign - they do play baseball and soccer though and have Leafs jerseys),....but hey in 10 years when BMO is close to sold out constantly for Argos football, I will be happy to admit I was wrong.....

Rant #2 over.....ha ha ha......

Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Choosing not to attend Argos games today is anyone's choice but you might have nothing to come back to in a few years if everyone just chooses to say at home.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Looking ahead at the schedule, I honestly feel the Argos will go either 5-1 or 4-2 in the next 6 games. Last night they left too many points on the field due to turnovers, Rodney Smith's fumble after that big gain started it and hurt the most. I get the idea why Hamilton traded away Kanahh for an 8th round pick...he reminds me of Alex Suber. A new kicker should be brought in as Ronnie looked hurt...but other changes should be expected. Not sure why Wilder was not used more after the 1st td drive where they ran it down Winnipegs throats.

I hate Winnipeg....gimmick offence that constantly gets set up by turnovers....1st and five...you have to convert that....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Choosing not to attend Argos games today is anyone's choice but you might have nothing to come back to in a few years if everyone just chooses to say at home.
    One of the reasons I continue to attend.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions