Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this (AFAIK), but I thought that this game was won by the Argos on the back of a plethora of REDBLACKS penalties in the second half.
    The Argos would have had several offensive drives stall without ORBs penalties, which would have sealed a defeat. Of course, the trip by Rogers of his ball-carrying teammate on the way to the end zone was critical as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PullTogether73 View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this (AFAIK), but I thought that this game was won by the Argos on the back of a plethora of REDBLACKS penalties in the second half.
    The Argos would have had several offensive drives stall without ORBs penalties, which would have sealed a defeat. Of course, the trip by Rogers of his ball-carrying teammate on the way to the end zone was critical as well.
    Can’t recall which receiver it was, maybe ellingson but he was basically jogging at that point too. That became just a total lack of effort play from the defence at that point – it was crazy that he tripped on his own O-Lineman too, amazing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Appreciate the clarification on the "challenge" by Trestman with 33 sec left. There was no indication from the ref to the stadium crowd that it was being automatically reviewed (unless I was so wrapped in the game that I missed it)

There were several other in-stadium concernst---two interference reviews in the Argo end zone were not replayed on the screen, leaving us to guess if the calls were right, wrong or borderline. The powers that be, need to not only entertain the fans in the stadium but inform them. In other words---let us know what the heck is going on.

The delay after the 33 sec review seemed to revolve around the clock---Argo coaches and players were waving wildly and pointing to the clock while the officials took forever to come to decision. Again --the 4 seconds were added but no announcement or explanation was made.

On reflection --a couple of other comments re the game:
    .MBT showed great arm strength and superb placement of his passes--the ball thrown to a spot where only the receiver had a chance at the ball
    .In the 2nd half the D played very well--stopping the run and putting real pressure on Harris
    .Have to say that Noel looked more impressive than Smith as a receiver
    .Hope those who left early in the 4th, didn't regret it too much. Another lesson for us- in the CFL no lead is ever safe

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Appreciate the clarification on the "challenge" by Trestman with 33 sec left. There was no indication from the ref to the stadium crowd that it was being automatically reviewed (unless I was so wrapped in the game that I missed it)
    In they end, it didn't matter, but the officials really blew it with the game clock on that call. Once they determined that it was an incompletion, the clock should have gone back to 40 seconds from 29 as there was 40 ticks on the clock when the play ended. It ran down to 29 while the booth was overturning the call on the field as the big stupid ref blew the next play in. I have no clue in the world where they randomly decided to put it to 33 seconds.
    It's us vs the rest of the country