Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not to defend TFC fans, but the reactions of the couple of hundred radical idiots in their jock strap...er support groups, likely is not how the majority of their fans feel.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    AngeloV makes an excellent point and I concur, perhaps a majority don't necessarily agree with the views of those on the TFC fan site. It is the extreme anger and loathing towards the Argos that seems so inexplicable and in some cases so ludicrous and in some other cases so laughable

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Giovinco's comments about the field have made TFC fans become apoplectic. The TFC fan forum has many posters demanding the Argos be moved into Lamport stadium to protect their precious turf. They really do seem to dislike us being in BMO--terms like "I loather the Argos" are used. Actually many of the comments are quite funny --like referring to 300lb linebackers! They really believe they have a right to be at BMO as the only tenant. However they don't appear to object to the rugby quite as much if a game were played at BMO.

Their objections are so aggressive and so far over the top, it makes one wonder why they are so angry at us being in the city owned BMO stadium. Could it be fear, that if the Argos start to get improved attendance at the games, along with TV numbers for the Argos about ten times the TFC numbers, they will realize that TFC and MLS really are a far less popular sport in Canada than the CFL and Argos. Who knows but the venom from the TFC fans is so overwhelming on the Fan site that one has to question why the are they so unreasonably angry--does Argo success frighten them? Perhaps
    Personally I don't give a you know what what they think. I've never read the forums, I've never watched a TFC game, I've never even known a TFC fan except one guy I played hockey with, and the 2016 Argo home opener was the first time I had ever stepped foot in BMO field. Honestly, when you just ignore them and don't even acknowledge that they exist, it makes your life so much better. They have zero impact on the city sporting landscape, they think they're on par with the Leafs Jays and Raptors but they aren't. They're on the same level as us, and they hate that. I've already talked more about TFC in this comment than I have in my whole life

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeslet'sgo View Post
    Personally I don't give a you know what what they think. I've never read the forums, I've never watched a TFC game, I've never even known a TFC fan except one guy I played hockey with, and the 2016 Argo home opener was the first time I had ever stepped foot in BMO field. Honestly, when you just ignore them and don't even acknowledge that they exist, it makes your life so much better. They have zero impact on the city sporting landscape, they think they're on par with the Leafs Jays and Raptors but they aren't. They're on the same level as us, and they hate that. I've already talked more about TFC in this comment than I have in my whole life
    ^^^^^^^^👍
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    From my understanding MLSE will probably go with the Desso Grassmaster in the off season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightygoose View Post
    An Giovenco is complaining about TFC II being there too?

As long as the prospects of hosting World Cup games exist, turf doesn't make any sense. Otherwise, the window to do it just past.
    If hybrid turf is good enough for the EPL then it's good enough for a 10th rate soccer league like MLS.

http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/a...h-grass-types/

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Giovinco's comments about the field have made TFC fans become apoplectic. The TFC fan forum has many posters demanding the Argos be moved into Lamport stadium to protect their precious turf. They really do seem to dislike us being in BMO--terms like "I loather the Argos" are used. Actually many of the comments are quite funny --like referring to 300lb linebackers! They really believe they have a right to be at BMO as the only tenant. However they don't appear to object to the rugby quite as much if a game were played at BMO.

Their objections are so aggressive and so far over the top, it makes one wonder why they are so angry at us being in the city owned BMO stadium. Could it be fear, that if the Argos start to get improved attendance at the games, along with TV numbers for the Argos about ten times the TFC numbers, they will realize that TFC and MLS really are a far less popular sport in Canada than the CFL and Argos. Who knows but the venom from the TFC fans is so overwhelming on the Fan site that one has to question why the are they so unreasonably angry--does Argo success frighten them? Perhaps
    These are the same morons that trashed their own precious BMO Field, told a female reporter RIITP and almost set themselves on fire with fireworks in Ottawa. They're misogynist losers.

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Getting back to the end zone turf problem, why is it a concern now? I don't remember any complaints in the first year or when the Argos hosted the Grey Cup two years ago or last season. What has changed?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    Getting back to the end zone turf problem, why is it a concern now? I don't remember any complaints in the first year or when the Argos hosted the Grey Cup two years ago or last season. What has changed?
    There have been complaints since day 1.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    There have been complaints since day 1.
    They do seem to have worsened this season though.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    BMT slipped on the end zone turf and then avoided going into the end zone on the next play to pass, although the game was already lost.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I got on the field for the first time today. It looked to me as if the turf portion is old-fashioned Astro turf style, not field turf. That is, very short fake grass over a rock-hard underlay. Now I understand why players complain -- there is zero chance that any grass or field-turf-style cleat will work well on that turf. So at minimum MLSE needs to install more grass-like turf at that end.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I got on the field for the first time today. It looked to me as if the turf portion is old-fashioned Astro turf style, not field turf. That is, very short fake grass over a rock-hard underlay. Now I understand why players complain -- there is zero chance that any grass or field-turf-style cleat will work well on that turf. So at minimum MLSE needs to install more grass-like turf at that end.
    Did you run some patterns Paul?? 😁

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Did you run some patterns Paul?? 😁
    those days are loooooong gone ...
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Bethel Thompson's reluctance to drop into the endzone in garbage time was very noticeable in the broadcast.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I've said this before. Artificial turf is not perfect, but the type they have at BMO is aweful. Proper field turf would reduce the slipping significantly. I used to wear soccer cleats (not spikes) on field turf and they worked great. If BMO does go with Grassmaster/hybrid turf next year, the endzones with upgraded Field Turf would match well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    I've said this before. Artificial turf is not perfect, but the type they have at BMO is aweful. Proper field turf would reduce the slipping significantly. I used to wear soccer cleats (not spikes) on field turf and they worked great. If BMO does go with Grassmaster/hybrid turf next year, the endzones with upgraded Field Turf would match well.
    Whether BMO switches to hybrid or stays with grass (and I still believe the latter), a Field-Turf-type product in the end zone would match it much better than the 1970s-style turf that is there now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Whether BMO switches to hybrid or stays with grass (and I still believe the latter), a Field-Turf-type product in the end zone would match it much better than the 1970s-style turf that is there now.
    When you consider the overall cost of the stadium renovation it’s amazing that they seemed to cut corners on the end zone turf.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Boatman
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:
    Level
    I would like the field size changed in the CFL. It would take care of this type of problem league wide and the game would not change.

Make the size of the field 60 yards wide X 100 yards long with 15 yard end zones and hash marks on the 2 goal posts. I know some of you won't be able to sleep now but the game itself won't change when you think about it.

Also lets get rid of the on field ratio juggling by getting rid of this rule, keep the team ratio but let the situation determine who plays on the field. It's the next step in the evolution of this game.

Liked the game yesterday even though we lost. Had some young folks with me and they were entertained all game. The Game - music - cheer teams - bands - games - freebees - kiss cams - they liked all of it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    On the Hamilton station they were talking about how bad the north end surface is for players. Seems it is widely known by other teams that the surface is unacceptable. There is nothing that can be done this year but it would be nice if someone from MLSE, would let us know their plans to solve the problem.