Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Confirms what most of us suspected since very early on this season.
    We... thought Lemon would do better in BC since early in the season?

Yeah, Archer's defense hasn't been good and he should take heat for that. But it's not all on him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    We... thought Lemon would do better in BC since early in the season?

Yeah, Archer's defense hasn't been good and he should take heat for that. But it's not all on him.
    Archer’s schemes are not great, perhaps Lemon’s lack of production falls partly on the other D linemen but as the DC their abysmal performance does fall on him.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Archer’s schemes are not great, perhaps Lemon’s lack of production falls partly on the other D linemen but as the DC their abysmal performance does fall on him.
    Other than Butler, the Dline was the same as last year to start the season, and they performed better even while Butler was out than they have this year. It has to be schemes. I don't think they all lost it overnight.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Other than Butler, the Dline was the same as last year to start the season, and they performed better even while Butler was out than they have this year. It has to be schemes. I don't think they all lost it overnight.
    Probably correct Angelo, my biggest concern this past off season was Chamblin departing Toronto (especially relatively late).
    You could tell right from the start of 2018 things had changes drastically for the worse.
    I truly think the Argo defenders never bought into Archer’s system.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Probably correct Angelo, my biggest concern this past off season was Chamblin departing Toronto (especially relatively late).
    You could tell right from the start of 2018 things had changes drastically for the worse.
    I think I mentioned on here when Chamblin left that I was hoping Brackenridge would have been promoted, but I guess they figure he is a little inexperienced to be a cooridinator. I would love for them to try it now. Things can't get worse. He was a very aggressive player, so I think you would see a much more aggressive defence under him, perhaps with the secondary giving less cushion than they do now, especially on the blitz, where QB's have had an easy time hitting the hot read with room to make big plays.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think I mentioned on here when Chamblin left that I was hoping Brackenridge would have been promoted, but I guess they figure he is a little inexperienced to be a cooridinator. I would love for them to try it now. Things can't get worse. He was a very aggressive player, so I think you would see a much more aggressive defence under him, perhaps with the secondary giving less cushion than they do now, especially on the blitz, where QB's have had an easy time hitting the hot read with room to make big plays.
    He sure was an aggressive player, I remember he put a huge hit on Kackert a few years ago that put Kack out of the lineup.
    TBH I never thought of Brackenridge as their DC but he played our game (quite successfully) and as you said he would probably move away from the vanilla conservative approach we currently have in favour of a more aggressive attacking style system.
    Maybe time to think a little “outside the box” with some new blood.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    It had been my hope that the veterans (Ball, Woods, Lemon, Black et al) would be able to make-up for Archer's inexperience.

I was wrong.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argofans.com View Post
    It had been my hope that the veterans (Ball, Woods, Lemon, Black et al) would be able to make-up for Archer's inexperience.

I was wrong.
    This defence reminds me of a Greg Quick run defence, and seeing as he's our linebackers coach it wouldn't surprise me if he's "assisting" Archer.
    Disappointing that we missed out on Thorpe. I still wonder what Phillip Lolley is up to; he did a fine job fixing Hamilton D last season.