Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Chad Owens signs with Ticats

Reported thatChad Owens signs with Ticats.
    “it's not the strongest who survive nor the most intelligent but the ones most adaptable to change.’ Charles Darwin

Banned
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    Reported thatChad Owens signs with Ticats.
    Ticats stocking up on "old guys" they just signed Marquay McDaniels who was released by the Stamps a year ago.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I really wish the Argos had signed him this off season. He should finish his career as an Argo.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

New Fan
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Good move for Owens. Just a short trip down the QEW from Mississauga for home games and practices.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Already left practice with a foot injury and did not return.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Already left practice with a foot injury and did not return.
    I thought you were joking at first, but then saw this:

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by CFLfan View Post
    Ticats stocking up on "old guys" they just signed Marquay McDaniels who was released by the Stamps a year ago.
    I thought McDaniel was not offered a contract by Calgary after the season thus allowed to become a FA? I always liked how clutch he was despite his post game comments after the Argos defeated his team in last year's Grey Cup game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

Well so much for Chad's tenure with the Tiger-Cats.

Radically Canadian!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Well so much for Chad's tenure with the Tiger-Cats.

I don't even think he had a full practice with the team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Chad has had a great CFL career but probably time to call it quits.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Chad has had a great CFL career but probably time to call it quits.
    I can see Calgary signing him for the rest of the year. Durant and Sindani really didn't look good going after some good balls from BLM last Friday. Yes, the score could have been even worse from an Argos perspective.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I can see Calgary signing him for the rest of the year. Durant and Sindani really didn't look good going after some good balls from BLM last Friday. Yes, the score could have been even worse from an Argos perspective.

Stamps 5th string / back-up receiver Canadian Julan Lynch came into the game and made 2 outstanding catches for big yardage; Sindani has done nothing but impress me in his quite limited action; Lemar Durant seems to have struggled some tracking balls this season, but he still gets targeted little - and I believe he is a good receiver talent (just like i believe Levi Noel is). Between Brecacin, Durant, and youngsters Sindani & Lynch - the Stumps have good Canadian talent there and could easily be starting 2 or 3 of them IMO.

AND Bovine continues to miss and be inaccurate on deep throws to open receivers - i get the guy is a talented, poised QB who makes lots of good throws and we hear about his winning % all the time, but he's off the mark wayyyyyyy too often on deep to intermediate throws - to wide open receivers; and he often throws up his hands like a baby to blame the receiver when he should be looking in the mirror AND called for this - major flaw in his game IMO (that plus he is pretty well zero run threat), and I doubt i'd ever consider him a top 10 type all-time CFL QB talent - and I don't care how many career wins or passing yards he gets.

Chadster could maybe provide the Stamps with vet leadership, but his age combined with injury problems i think would clearly mean his best days are way gone; that plus he's always dropped too many passes anyways IMO; the Stumps just signed Chris Matthews - ex Bomber and Super Bowl big play guy - he might be more what they need.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Stamps 5th string / back-up receiver Canadian Julan Lynch came into the game and made 2 outstanding catches for big yardage; Sindani has done nothing but impress me in his quite limited action; Lemar Durant seems to have struggled some tracking balls this season, but he still gets targeted little - and I believe he is a good receiver talent (just like i believe Levi Noel is). Between Brecacin, Durant, and youngsters Sindani & Lynch - the Stumps have good Canadian talent there and could easily be starting 2 or 3 of them IMO.

AND Bovine continues to miss and be inaccurate on deep throws to open receivers - i get the guy is a talented, poised QB who makes lots of good throws and we hear about his winning % all the time, but he's off the mark wayyyyyyy too often on deep to intermediate throws; and he often throws up his hands like a baby to blame the receiver when he should be looking in the mirror AND called for this - major flaw in his game IMO, and I doubt i'd ever consider him a top 10 type all-time CFL QB talent - and I don't care how many career wins or passing yards he gets.

Chadster could maybe provide the Stamps with vet leadership, but his age combined with injury problems i think would clearly mean his best days are way gone; that plus he's always dropped too many passes anyways IMO; the Stumps just signed Chris Matthews - ex Bomber and Super Bowl big play guy - he might be more what they need.
    Hufnagel is brilliant at recruiting high end talent at all positions.
    Calgary receivers have been dropping like flies and they just keep winning (very impressive).
    I know it must be difficult letting go of the game you love but I hate seeing distinguished vets such as Owens hang on to long and bounce around from team to team late in their careers.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

AND Bovine continues to miss and be inaccurate on deep throws to open receivers - i get the guy is a talented, poised QB who makes lots of good throws and we hear about his winning % all the time, but he's off the mark wayyyyyyy too often on deep to intermediate throws - to wide open receivers; and he often throws up his hands like a baby to blame the receiver when he should be looking in the mirror AND called for this - major flaw in his game IMO (that plus he is pretty well zero run threat), and I doubt i'd ever consider him a top 10 type all-time CFL QB talent - and I don't care how many career wins or passing yards he gets.

BLM isn't missing anyone. They are not getting to the ball. Durant and Sindani both dropped TD passes. Had that been Kumar Jordan, you would be all over him. I think Durant has regressed big time as a receiver. With Sindani it's still too early to tell. Brescacin is a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I know it must be difficult letting go of the game you love but I hate seeing distinguished vets such as Owens hang on to long and bounce around from team to team late in their careers.
    Owens looked quite good to finish the season in Saskatchewan last year. I think he can still play, but as OV says he has had a difficult time avoiding injury. An unfortunate reality that comes with aging athletes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    BLM isn't missing anyone. They are not getting to the ball. Durant and Sindani both dropped TD passes. Had that been Kumar Jordan, you would be all over him. I think Durant has regressed big time as a receiver. With Sindani it's still too early to tell. Brescacin is a keeper.

Owens looked quite good to finish the season in Saskatchewan last year. I think he can still play, but as OV says he has had a difficult time avoiding injury. An unfortunate reality that comes with aging athletes.

You're either blind as a bat or else very biased in favor of QBs if you can't see all the times Bovine misses wide-open receivers; and sure, sometimes the receiver runs a wrong or bad route, but there are also plenty of times the QB is well off mark with his throws, and they should get called for this instead of always putting blame on the receivers (that dullard Suitor is notorious for this). Again - IMO - major flaw in Bovine's game - for a supposed elite QB - that he misses wide-open receivers on intermediate to deep throws so often; check out his completion % this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You're either blind as a bat or else very biased in favor of QBs if you can't see all the times Bovine misses wide-open receivers; and sure, sometimes the receiver runs a wrong or bad route, but there are also plenty of times the QB is well off mark with his throws, and they should get called for this instead of always putting blame on the receivers (that dullard Suitor is notorious for this). Again - IMO - major flaw in Bovine's game - for a supposed elite QB - that he misses wide-open receivers on intermediate to deep throws so often; check out his completion % this season.
    Not gonna get into who is and isn't biased with you. You see what you want to see. Canadian player = good. American player = wwwaaaaayyyyyy overrated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I hope Chad calls it quits for his own long-term health.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Not gonna get into who is and isn't biased with you. You see what you want to see. Canadian player = good. American player = wwwaaaaayyyyyy overrated.
    I'm stuck with just going by what i see on the football field - sorry bout that - maybe something to do with age ;o). I didn't get told/sold a pre-determined bill of goods like you have: Canadian player = inferior, back-up, needs to develop (or too slow to even make the league - like Jordan Herdman - lol); American player = superior, deserves to be handed starter job; dare not criticise them (superstars like Bovine or Kamar Jorden - lol), nor the GOBs who favor them. ;o)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm stuck with just going by what i see on the football field - sorry bout that - maybe something to do with age ;o). I didn't get told/sold a pre-determined bill of goods like you have: Canadian player = inferior, back-up, needs to develop (or too slow to even make the league - like Jordan Herdman - lol); American player = superior, deserves to be handed starter job; dare not criticise them (superstars like Bovine or Kamar Jorden - lol), nor the GOBs who favor them. ;o)
    hahaha.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Since we're now talking about him...

I think BLM might be having his best season. Despite the lowest completion percentage of his career, he leads the league in yards per completion at 15.2 (no other QB is over 14), leads in yards per attempt at 9.4 (only Masoli is close at 9.3), and has the best TD-INT ratio. Sure, he has missed some deep throws, but he's also attempted more than any other QB. You can't have stats like his without completing a lot of deep throws.

All that despite major injuries to the receiving corps. Barring a major slide, he's gotta be the MOP.