Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
Stamps 5th string / back-up receiver Canadian Julan Lynch came into the game and made 2 outstanding catches for big yardage; Sindani has done nothing but impress me in his quite limited action; Lemar Durant seems to have struggled some tracking balls this season, but he still gets targeted little - and I believe he is a good receiver talent (just like i believe Levi Noel is). Between Brecacin, Durant, and youngsters Sindani & Lynch - the Stumps have good Canadian talent there and could easily be starting 2 or 3 of them IMO.

AND Bovine continues to miss and be inaccurate on deep throws to open receivers - i get the guy is a talented, poised QB who makes lots of good throws and we hear about his winning % all the time, but he's off the mark wayyyyyyy too often on deep to intermediate throws; and he often throws up his hands like a baby to blame the receiver when he should be looking in the mirror AND called for this - major flaw in his game IMO, and I doubt i'd ever consider him a top 10 type all-time CFL QB talent - and I don't care how many career wins or passing yards he gets.

Chadster could maybe provide the Stamps with vet leadership, but his age combined with injury problems i think would clearly mean his best days are way gone; that plus he's always dropped too many passes anyways IMO; the Stumps just signed Chris Matthews - ex Bomber and Super Bowl big play guy - he might be more what they need.
Hufnagel is brilliant at recruiting high end talent at all positions.
Calgary receivers have been dropping like flies and they just keep winning (very impressive).
I know it must be difficult letting go of the game you love but I hate seeing distinguished vets such as Owens hang on to long and bounce around from team to team late in their careers.