Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Since we're now talking about him...

I think BLM might be having his best season. Despite the lowest completion percentage of his career, he leads the league in yards per completion at 15.2 (no other QB is over 14), leads in yards per attempt at 9.4 (only Masoli is close at 9.3), and has the best TD-INT ratio. Sure, he has missed some deep throws, but he's also attempted more than any other QB. You can't have stats like his without completing a lot of deep throws.

All that despite major injuries to the receiving corps. Barring a major slide, he's gotta be the MOP.
    I think he's the best QB in the league, and it's not even close.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Since we're now talking about him...

I think BLM might be having his best season. Despite the lowest completion percentage of his career, he leads the league in yards per completion at 15.2 (no other QB is over 14), leads in yards per attempt at 9.4 (only Masoli is close at 9.3), and has the best TD-INT ratio. Sure, he has missed some deep throws, but he's also attempted more than any other QB. You can't have stats like his without completing a lot of deep throws.

All that despite major injuries to the receiving corps. Barring a major slide, he's gotta be the MOP.
    I think Bo Mitchell is a very good QB talent - poised, smart, moves well in the pocket and has a mostly accurate arm; him & Reilly are the 2 best CFL QBs now IMO, with Masoli maybe poised to move up if he can cut down on mistakes.

\ Doesn't mean Bo is perfect though nor an all-time CFL great, and IMO he's quite over-rated - mostly due to the Stamps lofty regular season win percentage that he seems to get so much credit for; his pretty well zero run threat ability and his habit of missing open deep receivers way too often are obvious marks against him IMO. I also don't like his on field cry-baby act when things don't go his way - doesn't say leader to me; that and loser of 2 straight GCs including throwing a dumb pick to gift the game to the Argos ... he ain't as great as some seem to think and the team he has got to play for makes him look better than he is. To me, he's comparable to Calvillo - as a very good passing QB in well designed passing offences with key parts (receiver & O-line talent) to get lots of passing yardage, and also on the dominant team in their Division for years. Calvillo would just NOT make my all-time CFL QB talent top 10 list either, even with the all-time passing stats - done in an 18 game sched, CFL and when most offences are pretty well all pass. Kudos for playing at a high level for many, many years are another thing.

MOP this season for Bo? - maybe, but he plays on THE dominant CFL team of the past number of years that is playing very good defence this year, plus continues to have very good special teams. IMO - Masoli means more to the Ticats and does it for a re-built sort of team, not an every year power.