Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Argos signed an American kicker named Drew Brown and brought him on the Western road trip. I assume Menard-Briere was left at home. By the looks of things management thinks more of Brown.
    I am pretty sure they brought Menard-Briere along on that road trip too. Trestman was asked about who would kick last Thursday and he said that if Medeiros couldn't go, another kicker whose name he wasn't going to try to mangle would replace him. I doubt that he was referring to Drew Brown.

Regarding Brown, he was one of the better U.S. college kickers but, after doing some internet research, the knock against him is that his leg may not be the strongest. I think the Argos would prefer to keep that a Canadian position.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Let’s see what info comes out.
    Although I’ve been critical of Wilder at times hate seeing any player get hurt.
    Yea, I don't get it is all and just smells a bit fishy. Left with "upper body injury" then is now week to week for a leg injury and blows away his instagram posts suddenly.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by lazycro View Post
    Yea, I don't get it is all and just smells a bit fishy. Left with "upper body injury" then is now week to week for a leg injury and blows away his instagram posts suddenly.
    I’m assuming it is a leg injury based on the video clip and comments on his Instagram account.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    He is still on Twitter and was interacting with macspectrum as recently as yesterday. macspectrum told Wilder that he wants to see him have a great game in bad weather after the money that he got.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    He is still on Twitter and was interacting with macspectrum as recently as yesterday. macspectrum told Wilder that he wants to see him have a great game in bad weather after the money that he got.
    There were some comments about a dirty hit was this the case or just sympathetic supporters

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Looks like he got a helmet to his knee. He also got some big hits to the head. I’m guessing leg injury is worse than they first thought.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Seeing the injury on his Instagram and I'm thinking he's done for the year.

So, the rule is that if you hit a quarterback like that it's a penalty but nothing for a running back. I know that it likely wasn't intentional but I would call it a dirty hit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Seeing the injury on his Instagram and I'm thinking he's done for the year.

So, the rule is that if you hit a quarterback like that it's a penalty but nothing for a running back. I know that it likely wasn't intentional but I would call it a dirty hit.
    To be fair, the rule on a QB is while he is still in the pocket. If he has become a ball carrier, the rule does not apply.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    I just looked at the practice rosters for each team. All of the other teams have more players, including many more Internationals, on their PR. Montreal and Edmonton have 15; Calgary and BC have 14; Winnipeg and Ottawa have 13; Saskatchewan has 12; and Hamilton has 10.

The Argos have the fewest with only eight players on their PR and only one is an International. For a team that is in a rebuilding mode this surprises me because they can at least get some idea of these players' skills and hopefully get them lined up for coming to TC next year. The fact that their is only one International player on the Argos' PR list also runs counter to most, if not all, other teams, which have a majority of Internationals, reflecting the fact that competition for positions will tend to be strongest among them.

This scenario does not bode well for next year IMO. I do remember that Popp and Trestman built a Grey Cup winner in 2017 well after everybody else had been planning and signing players. However, I do think preparing for next year is important, especially for a team finishing near the bottom of the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I just looked at the practice rosters for each team. All of the other teams have more players, including many more Internationals, on their PR. Montreal and Edmonton have 15; Calgary and BC have 14; Winnipeg and Ottawa have 13; Saskatchewan has 12; and Hamilton has 10.

The Argos have the fewest with only eight players on their PR and only one is an International. For a team that is in a rebuilding mode this surprises me because they can at least get some idea of these players' skills and hopefully get them lined up for coming to TC next year. The fact that their is only one International player on the Argos' PR list also runs counter to most, if not all, other teams, which have a majority of Internationals, reflecting the fact that competition for positions will tend to be strongest among them.
    Rules dictate how many players teams can have on their PR. For most of the season, the limit is 10, but for one 30-day period between Labour Day and early November, it can expand to 15. Among the "normal" 10, at least two must be NATs, and no more than eight can be INTs. Each team can pick its own 30-day period. The ostensible reason Hamilton cut Owens is because its 30-day window with the 15-man PR is now over.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Lining up players for next year is all the more important because of the Alliance of American Football starting up operations in February and soaking up more International talent.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Concentrating only on the DB's, IMO DARBY has shown well and has a great break on the football. I paid special attention to LIKELY during the last home game and was very impressed with his man on man coverage and his quickness and explosiveness. WASHINGTON has shown he can be a game changer. Though he has been beaten occasionally this year, he has huge potential

Those three players appear to be keepers. The game film on Robertson and Dowling should also give the coaching staff a handle on their abilities.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatto View Post
    Concentrating only on the DB's, IMO DARBY has shown well and has a great break on the football. I paid special attention to LIKELY during the last home game and was very impressed with his man on man coverage and his quickness and explosiveness. WASHINGTON has shown he can be a game changer. Though he has been beaten occasionally this year, he has huge potential

Those three players appear to be keepers. The game film on Robertson and Dowling should also give the coaching staff a handle on their abilities.
    I agree with all of this. As I've said before, tho, I think Dowling may be better suited to either Will or Sam than DB.
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree with all of this. As I've said before, tho, I think Dowling may be better suited to either Will or Sam than DB.
    Let’s hope the new DC will get it figured out.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

You can't help but wonder if the constant changes in the secondary throughout the season had an impact on how poor their play appeared. Personally, I like Dowling as a boundary corner. With his size and physical style, he can be similar to guys like Breaux and Campbell today, and Pat Watkins previously. The #1 recruitment this off season obviously needs to be at the DE positions, however, I do believe if they can find a dominating end such as Butler from last year, or guys like Okpalaugo or Jeffcoat from the Bombers, then Tuggle would be an ideal rush end opposite that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level

Not sure if C. Vaughn or Q. Ford are slated/counted on to return, but those are 2 starter types IMO; add in Darby & young Washington, with Gabriel at safety and maybe Woodson - who looks quite good IMO given more chance at corner or D-half (where he was an all-star in college ball) - 5 of those might be able to form a solid D-backfield, but they would need time to play together and gel - this is under-rated / under-appreciated for a good D-backfield IMO. And of course have lots & lots of competition in TC - guys on the current roster (neither of Dowling or Roberson have impressed me much though), and bring in plenty of new talent to compete in TC, including signing a known, quality FA from another team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Would be nice if the Argos had a Canadian QB to play for the rest of the season. I'd tune in.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Would be nice if the Argos had a Canadian QB to play for the rest of the season. I'd tune in.
    So you've tuned out?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Not sure if C. Vaughn or Q. Ford are slated/counted on to return, but those are 2 starter types IMO; add in Darby & young Washington, with Gabriel at safety and maybe Woodson - who looks quite good IMO given more chance at corner or D-half (where he was an all-star in college ball) - 5 of those might be able to form a solid D-backfield, but they would need time to play together and gel - this is under-rated / under-appreciated for a good D-backfield IMO. And of course have lots & lots of competition in TC - guys on the current roster (neither of Dowling or Roberson have impressed me much though), and bring in plenty of new talent to compete in TC, including signing a known, quality FA from another team.
    I agree there is potential for a good set of DBs there if they have a system that works and a DL that can mount a decent rush.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Looks like he got a helmet to his knee. He also got some big hits to the head. I’m guessing leg injury is worse than they first thought.
    Yah I think it was pretty obvious Wilder got hit on the knee. Could have easily been a MCL. He is a tough guy though. I want to see him back. Beside's his size he's a pretty good ball carrier, a good pass blocker and an excellent receiver out of the back field. Those players don't grow on trees. I don't see a lot of turn over on the offense side. Just get better QBing. But you always looking for somebody better or maybe they will have to replace a FA or two.

Defense is another story. Start with Laing and most of the DB's and then start looking for upgrades. But having said that a LBing crew of Ball, Woods and Knox ain't bad if they can still get it done. But I don't know if they can anymore except Knox, Marcus and Bear are starting to show their age.

Present kicker is ok and should improve with the experience gained this year. Needs to work on that left hook.