Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Saw the game this morning as I was at my cousins wedding last night, and IMO this loss is all on Trestman and his decision to keep Bethel Thompson out there. This was an easily winnable game, as the Argos were playing the Jennings lead Lions and not the Lulay lead Lions.
    Keep Carter and Franklin on the field together!
    I agree. BMT's long passes were nowhere near any Argo receiver. Even some of his five yards and a cloud of dust passes were off target and two of them went for interceptions at the DL. Not only did Franklin play way better, it was obvious in the stands that the entire offence played harder once he entered the game. Carter was barely going through the motions until Franklin entered the game because he probably knew that if he did get open on a long pass the ball would never be near him. I know that's Carter's fault for his attitude but it also says something about what the offence thinks of BMT's skills.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    One player who never let's up on offence and maximizes his natural skills not only in this game but in others, was Declan Cross, who, not by accident, also led Argo receivers in number of receptions with four and in yardage with 55.

When Wilder comes back, a mixture of Wilder's power style with Burks and McCluster's shiftiness and speed as alternating RBs or sometimes paired together could give opposition defences trouble.

While the defence did not play great, they did reasonably well compared to past games considering how many twos and outs and interceptions from our offence they were forced to deal with when BMT was QBing

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Barnes View Post
    An absolutely winnable game. If the kicker could execute an onside kick, maybe we would have! Though it shouldn't have come to that...
    You’re kidding right? This is the first time I have ever seen a loss pinned on a failed on side kick attempt. Hi last kick was excellent. BC did a great job of not letting the Argos get to that ball.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    An absolutely winnable game. If the kicker could execute an onside kick, maybe we would have! Though it shouldn't have come to that...
    IMO, this was a winnable game, but for a different reason. If Trestman had allowed Franklin play earlier in the game, the Argos might well have come out of it with a win.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    You’re kidding right? This is the first time I have ever seen a loss pinned on a failed on side kick attempt. Hi last kick was excellent. BC did a great job of not letting the Argos get to that ball.
    Recovering an onside kick = pure gravy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    Yeah, Thompson couldn't make that throw (funny enough, I've seen Prukop do it though).
    Let me guess, you saw Prukop make that throw last year, at the same time you figured out that MBT isn't any good, right?
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    But they had three cracks at it!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I must say, though, you are right in that I should not pin the loss on the missed on side kicks. It was a lot more than that...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I must say, though, you are right in that I should not pin the loss on the missed on side kicks. It was a lot more than that...
    haha. Absolutely. Onside kicks are only done in desperation, and I would guess the success rate is less than 1 in 3.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    As a Westcoast Argos fan, it was special to take my family to their first "Argos" game yesterday. We've been to several Lions games but it has never worked to all go when the Argos are in town. It was fun to have them all decked out in double blue and while we were not expecting much, we were sad the Argos could not complete the comeback. My family can attest that I was yelling for Franklin in the second quarter and when he finally came in, there was a night and day difference in both execution and excitement in the game. He definitely should be playing next week!

Getting to watch them live, you really notice who the leaders are and I was particularly impressed with Darby for how he communicates to others on the field. Green took a tremendous hit but was also on the sidelines encouraging others all game. Myles White played fairly well and made a great catch on the third down conversion in the fourth off a strong throw by Franklin.

Long had them pinned in their own end all night and nailed long field goals and that was really the difference. The Argos then beat themselves by taking way too many penalties in the first half and turning the ball over killing any momentum and of course, waiting too long to make the QB change.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    haha. Absolutely. Onside kicks are only done in desperation, and I would guess the success rate is less than 1 in 3.
    According to someone named Stats Junkie on Riderfans: "Since 2012 19 of 98 or 19.4%

Since 2016 8 of 39 or 20.5% but only 3 of 30 or 10.0% late in the 4th quarter."
    Year of the Rocket: John Candy, Wayne Gretzky, a Crooked Tycoon, and the Craziest Season in Football History (https://sutherlandhousebooks.com/pro...of-the-rocket/)

Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs (https://bit.ly/3fvip5x)

YOTR YouTube https://bit.ly/37jtG4f
    BB YouTube https://bit.ly/2TSYPs7