Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    That was awful.... how can opposing receivers be so open so often? No pass rush.... no pass protection.... just brutal.

Duron Carter? In my opinion... cut him now. One of the only times I saw him run with any effort was when the final whistle went and he sprinted off the field... first one in the showers... he should be the first one shown the door.

I feel bad for Franklin... this will not go down as a good gauge of his ability, but not much support. One bright spot was SJ Green. What a pro.

I was looking forward to seeing the final home game against Montreal just to see Johnny Manziel, but I am now glad I have to miss it because of other commitments.... don't think I could sit through another stinker like tonight.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    That was awful.... how can opposing receivers be so open so often? No pass rush.... no pass protection.... just brutal.

Duron Carter? In my opinion... cut him now. One of the only times I saw him run with any effort was when the final whistle went and he sprinted off the field... first one in the showers... he should be the first one shown the door.

I feel bad for Franklin... this will not go down as a good gauge of his ability, but not much support. One bright spot was SJ Green. What a pro.

I was looking forward to seeing the final home game against Montreal just to see Johnny Manziel, but I am now glad I have to miss it because of other commitments.... don't think I could sit through another stinker like tonight.
    SJ Green is a true pro who always gives his all no matter what the circumstances are.
    Toronto Argonauts
    18 Time World Champions

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RB957 View Post
    T

I have to disagree. Carter has started the last 4 games, and SJ Green has had by far his most productive stretch over that time. Even in BC, when Green left early, Myles Whyte took his spot and made plays. There's a reason for that, and it's Carter's presence. I don't blame him for being frustrated, but it's not affecting his play, and he's kept his mouth shut. Trestman is the problem, not Carter. Trestman can't coach young QB's. That's my opinion, and I will stand by it.

You know there's a problem with play calling when we can predict every screen pass before it happens. There is no imagination in his offence whatsoever. Ricky Ray wasn't going to play forever, and Trestman didn't adjust. If this was Scott Milanovich, the cries for his head would be deafening. At least it took him 5 seasons before he had a really bad season.

Quote Originally Posted by R.J View Post
    I'm actually shocked that Angelo of all people has turned on Trestman. Especially considering he was one of th few who wanted to keep Milanovich around.
    As you can tell, I still wish Milanovich was here. He had 1 bad year, and considering the crap he endured in 2015 with the schedule, he was a great coach.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I have to disagree. Carter has started the last 4 games, and SJ Green has had by far his most productive stretch over that time. Even in BC, when Green left early, Myles Whyte took his spot and made plays. There's a reason for that, and it's Carter's presence. I don't blame him for being frustrated, but it's not affecting his play, and he's kept his mouth shut.
    I know that comment has been made about the effect of Carter's presence, and that this has created openings for other receivers, but he was brought here to be a play maker not a decoy. You're right, he has kept his mouth shut (for now), but a friend I brought to last night's game and another friend watching the game on TV both commented on a perceived lackadaisical appearance about him. On one series, he walked so slowly to the huddle, it looked to me like he barely made it in time to hear the play call. The whole situation has not been handled well from the beginning, and for a number of different reasons - be it coaching decisions, play calling, whatever - his potential to help the team has not been realized. At some point, given his history... this is going to blow up. And I predict it will be messy.