Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
I have to disagree. Carter has started the last 4 games, and SJ Green has had by far his most productive stretch over that time. Even in BC, when Green left early, Myles Whyte took his spot and made plays. There's a reason for that, and it's Carter's presence. I don't blame him for being frustrated, but it's not affecting his play, and he's kept his mouth shut.
I know that comment has been made about the effect of Carter's presence, and that this has created openings for other receivers, but he was brought here to be a play maker not a decoy. You're right, he has kept his mouth shut (for now), but a friend I brought to last night's game and another friend watching the game on TV both commented on a perceived lackadaisical appearance about him. On one series, he walked so slowly to the huddle, it looked to me like he barely made it in time to hear the play call. The whole situation has not been handled well from the beginning, and for a number of different reasons - be it coaching decisions, play calling, whatever - his potential to help the team has not been realized. At some point, given his history... this is going to blow up. And I predict it will be messy.